Woot (and other) video game shirts

lilman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
-Purpose of Thread-
This thread will be used for posting limited-time availability custom video game inspired shirts (that was a mouthful). There are a lot of websites that sell video game inspired tshirts, but this thread will only be used to alert CAGs to shirts that are available for a limited time and/or at a special price.

Please post a link to whatever video game shirt you come across and include the game that inspired it (like "Mario"), the price if it isn't indicated in the website description below, and if possible a pic of the shirt (use spoiler for the pic to speed up page loading time).

Visit teemagnet.com for tracking the shirt of the day across multiple websites.

-----------------------
-Websites Info-

shirt.woot.com
Cost: $12 (shirt of the day) or $15-18 (after that day). This includes shipping and there is no tax (unless you live in TX).
Availability: Cheaper the day it comes out but is only available in a limited quantity on the first day. Shirt remains available at $15 for as many weeks as it is popular. Afterwards it goes into the catalog for $18.

teefury.com
Cost: $10 + $2 shipping.
Availability: Only for a day. Sale begins at 12am EST and lasts for 24hrs or until stock runs out.

riptapparel.com
Cost: $10 + $2.95 shipping.
Availability: Only for a day, but I don't think there is a stock limit.

theyetee.com
Cost: $11 + $3.85 shipping.
Availability: Only for a day, but I don't think there is a stock limit.

6dollarshirts.com
Cost: $6. This includes shipping.
Availability: Shirt remains available after being shirt of the day, but shipping is no longer free.

onceuponatee.net
Cost: $12 + $3.69 shipping.
Availability: Collections are available for a week. They also have a limited inventory of older prints available in their vault.

If you want to include other websites here, pm me the website link, a description, and the standard price(s) so I can add it to this post.

-----------------------
-Sizing Info-

Some people like to get shirts from online stores one size larger than the shirts they normally buy (like if you usually wear medium, buy large) since they can shrink a bit after the first wash. Unfortunately it's hard to come up with a general rule as sites seem to change shirt brands at any time.

Always look at the site's sizing chart before making a purchase. It may even give you a hint if you should buy one size larger than normal. If in doubt, I go one size bigger and shrink as necessary. Imho a slightly bigger shirt looks better than wearing a slightly small one.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ZombieToast']I don't really get it and I'm tired of NES boxart shirts, but I'm happy to see another one of his designs get printed.[/QUOTE]

I think its a Parks and Recreation reference.

It is a Parks and Rec. shirt, the show's character referenced is Ron Swanson.
EDIT: I am interested in seeing your pal's Ralphie shirt ZombieToast.

Hm, I was never able to get into that show...I do like breakfast, though.

Anyway, since you asked, here's a shot of the Ralphie shirt. Since it's not gaming-related, I'll put it in a spoiler tag:

fc,550x550,brown.jpg

You can currently get the shirt on Redbubble, but it will of course be cheaper if you wait for the Ript printing. I have verified with my buddy that it will be available on Tuesday.

[quote name='chuckie88']Thanks for the link, I know of one person that may be very interested in that design.[/QUOTE]
Cool, I know my buddy would certainly appreciate the support!

Would anyone please post a legit picture of themselves wearing one of these websites shirt? I kind of want too see how it looks from a personal camera perspective and not the web models pic

[quote name='SInX4Lyfe']Would anyone please post a legit picture of themselves wearing one of these websites shirt? I kind of want too see how it looks from a personal camera perspective and not the web models pic[/QUOTE]

Unhhh, how would that be any different?

Oh man, I love that Christmas Zelda shirt. I would so wear that as a knitted sweater. It certainly beats the moose sweater my wife wants to get me. Heh.

[quote name='the_grimace']Unhhh, how would that be any different?[/QUOTE]
Well, for one thing, the models on these sites aren't actually wearing the shirts. The shirt designs are just superimposed onto the images, so you don't really get an accurate idea of how each individual shirt looks when worn. Now, I don't necessarily need to see anyone actually wearing the shirts, but I can see the benefit of it.

[quote name='GhostShark']These Adventure Time shirts are getting rather out of hand.[/QUOTE]
Eh, I'd rather see Adventure Time designs that I'm not interested in then My Little Pony designs that I hate.

The shirts have become incredibly uncreative. Mashups and more mashups. Usually involving Adventure Time or Doctor Who. Or they take something and make it look like an 8 bit NES cartridge. Or they take something and make it a made up product (like all the awful cereal ones).

I used to buy a shirt every week or two, now they're all awful.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='whoknows']The shirts have become incredibly uncreative. Mashups and more mashups. Usually involving Adventure Time or Doctor Who. Or they take something and make it look like an 8 bit NES cartridge. Or they take something and make it a made up product (like all the awful cereal ones).

I used to buy a shirt every week or two, now they're all awful.[/QUOTE]

I concur, especially with this doctor who fad nonsense. Angers me when I constantly see it when anything else would be better.

I've got an Oregon Trail shirt up at Woot today! And for today only, you can also buy it as a Hoodie (something new Woot is trying out for its dailies this month)!

Unfortunately, the problem with Doctor Who, Adventure Time, Game of Thrones, etc. designs is that they sell well, so they are the ones that get printed. And because they are more likely to get printed, more designs based on them crop up. My buddy has all kinds of great original designs, but he also does the mashups and something-modern-turned-into-an-NES-game shirts for the sole purpose of making money. He doesn't like designing them anymore than we like seeing them, but it means exposure and cash in his pocket.

Anyway, speaking of him, his new design is up on Ript right now.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Bleh, that makes at least 3 "Greetings From" shirts just today. Why aren't people sick of these yet?[/QUOTE]
I thought they were cool with the Fallout and Bioshock but now they are just overdone. Especially when the bring in Mario and Zelda. I mean I love Mario and Zelda but way overdone.

I love the above shirts. Wish I could afford to get them both.

And now, there's this:
4583338524.png

http://www.jestertee.com/#/shop/4570130200/Regular-Oooo's/4324612

Hopefully you guys don't mind me sharing this design. It's on a new shirt-a-day site called JesterTee. Their shirts are $10 (plus shipping) for the first 24 hours and then $12 for the next 24 hours. They only started selling shirts a couple of days ago, so I don't know anything about the quality or shipping times yet, but everyone has to start somewhere, right?

Anyway, the shirt isn't actually gaming-related and I don't even like the show and I know we're all tired of fake cereal brands, but another buddy of mine (not the Ghostbusters guy) is getting one of his shirts printed for the first time, so I wanted to share with everyone. In a few days, he'll have another shirt going up on the same site called Ewoker Texas Ranger. Hopefully this will help him get his foot in the door and eventually lead to something more lucrative.

bread's done
Back