Woot Game Sale! (Switch, PS5, XB1, and more!)

I'm not very happy with Woot.  I purchased Dusk Diver 2 on 10/23.  No word at all since I ordered it however a few minutes ago I just got an email that Woot refunded my payment.  The order status is "shipping now" but also shows a refund for "reason: 1 unit refunded."  No other info.

I'm not very happy with Woot. I purchased Dusk Diver 2 on 10/23. No word at all since I ordered it however a few minutes ago I just got an email that Woot refunded my payment. The order status is "shipping now" but also shows a refund for "reason: 1 unit refunded." No other info.
Yeah that happened to me when I first ordered from them. Waited a week and then they ultimately cancelled my order. The game I ordered was in stock for a day or so when I ordered and then went out of stock during the process despite the "shipping now" status. I'm not a fan of how they ship things. I did receive my second order, but it still took a while to ship IIRC.

Saints Row Criminal Custom Edition is $12.50 at GameStop which includes a Steelbook and the Season Pass for either Series X or PS4 (Free Upgrade to PS5 version) plus some other bonuses on top.
Thanks, I'll pick that up for the Series X, seems like a good price for the main game, and I assume all the DLC.

Oh, wait, it's out of stock for shipping, and nowhere nearby has it, nevermind then. The base version is only 5 bucks, and seems to be in a nearby store though.

OK....checked again real fast, and now the full version can be shipped, right after I placed the order the base game...and it's giving me an error when trying to cancel that first order. I guess I'm not too miffed, I'm not paying flipping 8 dollars in shipping anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I'll pick that up for the Series X, seems like a good price for the main game, and I assume all the DLC.

Oh, wait, it's out of stock for shipping, and nowhere nearby has it, nevermind then. The base version is only 5 bucks, and seems to be in a nearby store though.

OK....checked again real fast, and now the full version can be shipped, right after I placed the order the base game...and it's giving me an error when trying to cancel that first order. I guess I'm not too miffed, I'm not paying flipping 8 dollars in shipping anyway.
Personally I did an in store pickup for mine. Keep in mind that it might be better to call or stop instore as the stock will not be shown on the GameStop website if they are down to 1 copy.

Personally I did an in store pickup for mine. Keep in mind that it might be better to call or stop instore as the stock will not be shown on the GameStop website if they are down to 1 copy.
I just ended up getting the base 5 dollar copy. I was almost hit by the "Gamestop New" curse, as the copy they gave me at first was obviously an opened display copy. It was full of prices stickers and even had a large slash on the case on the front. But I asked for if they had others and the only person working there was able to find an actual new sealed copy.

I know it’s not as good as the X Pro, but I’d be pretty much crazy to pass up on the Thrustmaster eSwap S Pro at $40, right? I’ve never owned one of these stupidly overpriced “pro” gamepads, so I’m not really sure how much of an improvement they actually make over first party stuff.

I know it’s not as good as the X Pro, but I’d be pretty much crazy to pass up on the Thrustmaster eSwap S Pro at $40, right? I’ve never owned one of these stupidly overpriced “pro” gamepads, so I’m not really sure how much of an improvement they actually make over first party stuff.
The reviews though...

If you want a controller with back paddles and a dedicated in console app to customize button controls and such, the 8BitDo XBox line of controllers are legit great and don't break the bank. Besides that, I own a Razer Wolverine V2 and those occasionally go on sale every few months for $50 or so through different retailers and it's my go to controller enough so that if the upgraded V2 Chroma goes on sale I'll definitely pick it up to add to it.

I ordered the 8Bitdo Arcade Stick for Xbox Series X|S from Woot yesterday for $75.
Looking forward to using it with Street Fighter 6.
This is still available at the same price, but Amazon currently has the Switch version of the same stick available for $71.99, and from the quick research I’ve done in the past few minutes, it sounds like the latter has better battery life (while on 2.4G wireless) and BT connectivity, which the Xbox version doesn’t have. Obviously these only matter if you’re using the sticks on PC, as neither connects to any console other than the ones they’re licensed to.

(couldnt figure out how to quote my own message, but i previously said i got a US copy of bayonetta origins)
I'm just now noticing I was wrong? I've bought 2 games from Woot and both had ESRB, but on the back it mentions "Official Product" of Southeast Asia and MiddleEast. None of my other Switch games has that on it and googling says these are "UAE" versions rather than US. It's so hard to notice I wouldnt be surprised if lots of people confirming american copy didnt actually get an american copy

There are some decent Switch deals ATM

Warhammer 40k Boltgun and Mineko's Night Market for $19.99:

Mato Anomalies and Days of Doom for $12.99:

Hori Horipad Turbo wired Switch controller for $14.99:

Remember that you get free shipping if you sign in with your Amazon Prime account.

bread's done
Back