Woot Off! 2/16/06

btw1217

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
www.woot.com

Enjoy!

Edit:
For those who aren't familiar with it, Woot.com is a website that sells one item every 24 hours, starting at midnight Central Time, at a usually excellent discount. Shipping is always $5. Good items usually sell out within an hour or two, before most people wake up, so dedicated "wooters" stay up every night to see what's going to be on sale. When they sell out, if you go to their website, all you see is a big yellow button with "Sold Out" written on it until the next woot item.

During a "woot-off", instead of one new item every 24-hours, there's a new item everytime the previous one is sold out. This continues until they decide to stop it - could be one day, could be the whole weekend.

First one is the Dell 6 piece PC speaker set for $30+$5. I might buy one of those, but they usually sell out quick and woot is really lagging right now.

Damn, missed it. I need PC speakers, too.

Because traffic is extremely high, the Dell speakers are their most popular item, and the woot off's are the most popular thing that they do.

Wow, they're really getting hammered. I haven't been able to refresh the page since the speakers were still fully stocked.

Edit: Just refreshed, looks like a nice pack of Monster cables for anyone who needs em.

[quote name='dafoomie']Because traffic is extremely high, the Dell speakers are their most popular item, and the woot off's are the most popular thing that they do.[/QUOTE]

After of course the bag of crap.;)

[quote name='zionoverfire']After of course the bag of crap.;)[/QUOTE]

I ordered three the other day when they had it. I get to pick it up tomorrow! :D I'm so excited.

I missed the Bag O Crap the other day... for the third time. I was super pissed. Hopefully this woot off will pay off.

[quote name='Technique']How much are the bags of crap?[/QUOTE]

$1 each. There's a maximum limit of three on all items Woot sells though. So for $8 ($1x3 + $5 S&H) you get three things.

Looks like this camera's gonna bring the woot-off to a halt for a while. Upon refreshing, I saw the bar go down, but so damn little that there's gotta be a ton of these in stock. I'll check back in the morning.

[quote name='Murcielago77']that camera is gonna be there for another like 20 minutes[/QUOTE]

I think I'd rather take pictures with an ass. I hate wood grain, be it psuedo or real.

What a strange site. The strangest thing about the site is that they managed to get woot.com. Seriously. I thought all 3 and 4 letter .com combinations have been gone for a long time.

Its strangely addicting, despite that it doesnt look like any of this stuff interests me (I'd be interested if they actually put a video game up)

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Its strangely addicting, despite that it doesnt look like any of this stuff interests me (I'd be interested if they actually put a video game up)[/QUOTE]

the closest thing to video games are those plug and play things tv arcade games

I dont see how some of these things sell so fast. Like that Portable DVD player they just had. 189.99 plus $5 shipping. But the Amazon retail is $199.99. Big Whoop.

Also part of the selling fast probably has to do with them not having many. Who knows how many they have. Maybe 10.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']What a strange site. The strangest thing about the site is that they managed to get woot.com. Seriously. I thought all 3 and 4 letter .com combinations have been gone for a long time.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing that they bought it from someone? No domain is really ever off the market. ;)

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']What a strange site. The strangest thing about the site is that they managed to get woot.com. Seriously. I thought all 3 and 4 letter .com combinations have been gone for a long time.[/QUOTE]

Woot.com has been around for a while.
Have you never heard of this site before? They have some seriously aweseome deals. And the shipping is always $5. Even if you order a 50 inch TV that ways 200 pounds it is still $5 shipping. Good stuff.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']I dont see how some of these things sell so fast. Like that Portable DVD player they just had. 189.99 plus $5 shipping. But the Amazon retail is $199.99. Big Whoop.

Also part of the selling fast probably has to do with them not having many. Who knows how many they have. Maybe 10.[/QUOTE]

At the end of a normal day (not a woot off) it usually lets you know how many were sold.

Bag O Crap is up

And 1200 sold in 5 minutes.

Methinks I should just set up a website selling random bags of stuff for $8 and become a millionaire in a hurry.

bread's done
Back