Woot off starting today (10/5)! ...and now it's done

[quote name='Theenternal']I am eagerly waiting a for a bag of crap to appear on the woot-off[/QUOTE]

Same here. My eyes burn from the lack of sleep and this damn mouse is selling too slow!

lol bought a zune recently for 90 shipped without cables for me, now picked a refurb up for the fiance for our anniversary. God Im broke...

[quote name='crazytalkx']Same here. My eyes burn from the lack of sleep and this damn mouse is selling too slow![/QUOTE]

buy 300 to move this along, lol

[quote name='crazytalkx']Can't believe it's selling out so fast...you can get a Zune for $100[/QUOTE]

It's a quality player, no doubt about it.

So everyone stays up all night and wait for enticing products to come along when woot off starts?

Hmm. Not bad.

Compaq Presario Pentium 4 3GHz Desktop PC

$289.99 + $5 shipping
condition:Refurbishedproduct(s): 1 Compaq Presario SR2170NX Desktop P4 3GHz, 1GB RAM, 160GB HD, DVD±RW, Vista Home OS

Doesn't seem like I missed too much good stuff last night. Looking at the RSS feed I missed a lot, but nothing that really shouted "BUY ME!" The $700 TV that's on there right now, that will probably take a while. Finally some time to do some homework :)

omg, I've never looked at Woot.com much before, but their product descriptions are hilarious! The FAQ is a real good read too.

EDIT:

lol, for example, the "Barracuda" 5.1 headphones they've got listed at the moment:
WEST UNION, OH – Authorities remain puzzled as to exactly how a barracuda wound up clamped onto the head of a local man Thursday, in the first of a probable wave of shark attacks in the area.

Early Thursday morning, Jared Rodoni, 22, was found by his parents unconscious in their basement. The barracuda, holding onto Rodoni’s head at the ears, was easily dislodged by the parents. Rodoni was unhurt, but sleepy.

“I keep telling you people, it wasn’t a real barracuda,” Rodoni said. “It was a pair of Razer Barracuda HP-1 Gaming Headphones. Not a shark – headphones. I just fell asleep wearing them. It wasn’t a big deal.”

lol I'm loving this site

Mako1215-

Woot posts one deal a day at 1am EST, and the next day at 1am they post another deal. Some deals sell out instantly at 1am, and others last a couple hours or perhaps the whole day. Only 1 deal per day (on each site, except wine.woot) is their thing.

Today a "woot off" happened, which means that every time an item sold out, it was immediately replaced with another item. As you can guess, days when this happens are pretty awesome, since there's a lot of items to choose from as opposed to just one. These special days only happen every couple months, so I figured it was worth posting about since today was one of those days.

To see what you missed out on, check the blog link in my post above.

There was some good stuff on that woot off, though I only pulled the trigger on one of the bluetooth headsets adn a webcam for my sister as a christmas gift. Both sold out in under a minute. Way to go T1 at work.

I also picked up that VIP deal Zune.

Edit: Thanks for the post OP, didn't know the Woot-Off was coming.

Some people in the Woot forums are speculating that the wine bags at the end were actually bags o' crap in disguise (because hidden in the description it said they were "bags of canvas" and because people always "whine" about the BOCs)

Got in for that zune deal so its not so bad. I really hope that Firmware update will let us use Lossless formats.

bread's done
Back