Working at GameStop has its perks

bruceleeah

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
so my manager traded his rock band bundle because he didn't have his xbox 360 anymore, since there was no trade-in sku for the drums he ended up just giving it to me for free since i didn't have the drums yet.

I enjoyed working at Gamestop. Granted I was probably in the minority having a cool manager, but it was still a fun experience. Most of the time the old sports games or games we had too many of were just given to me by customers who didn't want to hassle with having old useless games. I also got a TON of free promo items. Fable stand up along with Spider-Man, Hitman, and a few others.

I've always wanted to work at a video store. I just imagine sitting around talking about games all day. I'm sure I'm painting a much brighter picture than it is in reality, but the Microcenter game area looked pretty laid back. Much more so than say a Gamestop.

[quote name='bruceleeah']so my manager traded his rock band bundle because he didn't have his xbox 360 anymore, since there was no trade-in sku for the drums he ended up just giving it to me for free since i didn't have the drums yet.[/QUOTE]

Did you also have to say, "Hi bring in any trades today?" When your manager was there?

[quote name='Mishimaryu']Did you also have to say, "Hi bring in any trades today?" When your manager was there?[/QUOTE]

No, but I should have said it though.

[quote name='youbastards']Don't forget the lingering smell of body odor and crushed dreams...that has to be a perk as well.[/QUOTE]

I'm not a huge fan of the body odor unfortunately. And I only work 5-10 hours a week so I never smell like GameStop.

bread's done
Back