World of Warcraft $5 w/ $5 game credit at Amazon

That's awesome... Wow for free! :)

Thanks, I'm buying one for cataclysm so I can recruit-a-friend myself for 3x XP when I make a worgen.

[quote name='morphineseason']That's exactly what Blizzard wants you to think about this "deal"[/QUOTE]

Hey, all you have to do is just cancel the account before they charge you and you'll have one month free.

This is a fantastic way for current players to use the recruit a friend system and power level a toon to 60. That or get a friend addicted to a substance as dangerous as cocaine. Whatever.

So what exactly is a $5 game credit? Is it a digital $5 gift card you can only spend on video games, or is it something else?

[quote name='Lost Loser']So what exactly is a $5 game credit? Is it a digital $5 gift card you can only spend on video games, or is it something else?[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what it is.

(I'm tired, so let me just repost what I put up on the Black Friday thread.)

WoW is free? Really?

That's how it starts. The first hit is free. It is amazing. You feel like you're on cloud nine. Then you start indulging in it. Spending more and more time on the stuff. Spending more money on it. Suddenly you don't want to hang out with your friends anymore. Or go to work. Or sleep with your girl.

Before you realize what happened, a year has passed. You lost your job. Got evicted. All you have is a laptop and the clothes on your back. Shacking up with your acquaintance's house who just happens to have wi-fi. Then you scrounged enough money to cover the subscription fee. And ramen noodles.

That's how they get ya, son. That's how they get ya.

So you see, like all other items of substance abuse, it's not free. In fact, WoW is perhaps the most expensive item on sale for Black Friday. And not just a price you pay with mere dollars.

Thanks for this - I don't care about WOW but my Cart is not yet at $25 so it brings me closer to FSSS - good filler.

It's a great deal, especially considering they recently redid the old world and improved the quests, graphics, etc. It's like a different game now.

bread's done
Back