World of Warcraft base game + expansions 75% off

This infuriated me last night when I loaded WoW. I had been gone for long while and missed LotLK and Cata. I had missed the BB/GS sale a few weeks back for 50% off and I just bought LotLK and Cata and spent a LOT more than this... urgh. Considering hanging up the toons again on principle. (Plus I've been having a lot of fun in SWTOR).

Do people still play this game. I thought it was dying off!!
battery

Just because last year wow lost the same # of subscribers that SWTOR had at its height doesn't mean it's "dying down."

9 million subs. People still play.

[quote name='Multibeaster79']Just because last year wow lost the same # of subscribers that SWTOR had at its height doesn't mean it's "dying down."

9 million subs. People still play.[/QUOTE]

17 months clean here. I was addicted since May 2005 and this consumed my life. At one point during cataclysm I recall doing the "Isle of Quel..." (It's the island that had the large scale non instanced pvp, where if one faction controlled it they could do a raid boss) dailies and asking myself, "Why I am still playing?".

I wasn't having fun anymore and actually hadn't had fun since my hardcore raiding days in The Burning Crusade. All my real life friends had long stopped playing, including the guy who got me interested in the game in the first place.

One of the best decisions I ever made was to quit. Mists of Pandora looks tempting, but thankfully Guild Wars 2 and it's relatively grind free world will be keeping me occupied.

$20 isn't bad to get started for new players, especially since the game is about a month away and the 5.0.4 patch is next week.

Also, if anyone wants/needs a scroll of res, hit me up too. :D

I was heading here to post this. Oh well, if anyone wants to do a recruit-a-friend or Scroll of Resurrection, just send me a PM.

[quote name='morrodox']A very inexpensive addiction.

If the Kung Fu Panda expansion does well, I hope they do Shrek next.[/QUOTE]

I wonder how inexpensive it is for the average WoW player since Blizzard opened its vanity item cash shop. . . .

bread's done
Back