World of Warcraft Battlechest + Wotlk 20$

Wow, Blizzard just owned any BF deal and this is awesome for newcomers or people returning without WOTLK. My clanmates will love this, thanks!

[quote name='georox']Grabbed a $5 digital of the original game. Time for my first rocket and my free levels for my worgen.[/QUOTE]

This.

I was already planning to do the exact same thing but this only sweetens the pot.

I just upgraded from my original account to digital versions of BC and Lich King for $15 total. Now I will re-up my account finally!

[quote name='larryface']Awesome!

Only, I tried to upgrade and am getting an error. Hmmm..[/QUOTE]

Which part are you getting an error at?

I keep getting "invalid login" when trying to merge my WoW and Bnet accounts and now I've got to call Billing =/

Does WotLK come with 30 days play time? It doesn't say on the description. I'm a pretty infrequent player, but would buy it if I get 30 days.

Regardless of what you buy thru them, Cata is not discounted. It's gonna be $40 either way.

But neways, thanks OP. Gonna grab myself a 3rd account and up my second one to WotLK :)

[quote name='monoxide101']Does WotLK come with 30 days play time? It doesn't say on the description. I'm a pretty infrequent player, but would buy it if I get 30 days.[/QUOTE]

Only the original game comes with playtime.

(You can tell by comparing the product descriptions of the original game to the expansions).

[quote name='Lord Fitz Chivalry']Wow resellers are gonna rape this..[/QUOTE]

But the funny thing is that blizzard wins either way..as long as they get someone addicted >_

Huh, well that's certainly the last place I expected to find such a good deal on the World of Warcraft games. Have they ever had that kind of a sale before? Even though I know it's just a promotion to build interest for Cataclysm, that's still a darn good price for such a large amount of content (well, for 30 days at least).

Oh, and keep in mind that you can add the game key onto a trial and keep the trial time without the trial restrictions. So if you have a 10 day trial, you can essentially play the whole of both games for 40 days.

To clarify a bit, you can go into your account send yourself a "recruit-a-friend" invite, accept it and make a new account (free trial) that is linked to your main account. When you upgrade WoW from trial to full for $5 your main account will get a month for free (~$15 value). That is if I'm not mistaken. This will get your new character, say a worgen or goblin, x3 gained xp if you multibox accounts (fully legal, Blizzard wants your money) and have them quest together.

If you want to take this one step further you can buy 60 days of game time on that newly made account and you'll get a very unique looking two seater rocket mount. After you do this once you can cancel the buddy account and let it die out after the time expires, but you still keep the mount.

and if anyone doesn't already play and wants the 10 day trial to have, a lot of people on CAG are willing to give out free trials.

Anyways, my plan is to use my second account, take it to 60 on a char before Cata, level a Worgen to 30, grant 30 levels to the worgen from the trial character so it hits 60.

[quote name='georox']Grabbed a $5 digital of the original game. Time for my first rocket and my free levels for my worgen.[/QUOTE]

Actually you only get the rocket after the 2nd account pays for 2 months.

[quote name='Draken Zero']Actually you only get the rocket after the 2nd account pays for 2 months.[/QUOTE]

Yup. Just depends if you want to spend another $30 for a mount. Seeing how they already sell one in the blizzard store for $25 this isn't too crazy of an idea if you are warm to it already.

If anyone needs the Billing information:

Billing and Account Services
Phone Support - 1 (800) 59-BLIZZ (1 (800) 592 5499)
Live Representatives Available Mon-Fri, 8am to 8pm Pacific Time
E-mail Support - [email protected]

I had to call because when I merged my inactive WoW account (inactive for a year and a half) into my Battle.Net account, it told me my login was invalid, though I knew this to not be right.

Had to call Billing that told me sometimes old accounts just have problems and they'll go ahead and merge the two accounts for you.

If anyone else with an old account runs into this problem I wanted to make sure you had the info on hand.

explain..? are you talking about refer a friend or...

I played WOW for a year in a half after lynch king had a level 80 undead rogue and a 80 paladin tank that did 25 man Naxx. If this game was free to play it be worth it but to spend 1/4 of what my car insurance costs a year no thanks.

I keep getting "File not found' when I click enter contact information.

EDIT: Never mind, got my order through. Thanks for the deal!

Would have grabbed WoTLK if I could though :/
Oh well. There will always be deals.

[quote name='Maskim']Too bad the Lich King is already listed as sold out.[/QUOTE]

Looks like they just added some more WotLK retail boxes since I saw they were out and then after poking around a bit they came back. I just picked up 2 ((and 2 BatleChests)...now I just need to find a friend I can turn onto the game).

Digital copies were still available, but you needed to tie them to an account at the time of purchase...not what I was looking for.

So I was clean for two and a half years, completely avoided the game for the longest time, and now this deal caught my attention. I wasted my money on FF14. I have way to many games. Yet this game still caught my attention.

I hate myself.

[quote name='DarkonJohn']Looks like they just added some more WotLK retail boxes since I saw they were out and then after poking around a bit they came back. I just picked up 2 ((and 2 BatleChests)...now I just need to find a friend I can turn onto the game).[/QUOTE]
Nice. Thanks for the heads up.

just picked up a warcraft battlechest and wotlk for myself and burning crusade + wotlk for the gf, since i bought her wow years ago to try to keep her occupied so i can have some peace (fu blizzard for foiling my plans and making me buy it for myself too).

i hope i don't get addicted to this game.

Uhhhhgggg I can't get away from this game, I played for 4+ years since 1.4, I have Lich King and played till when Ruby Sanctum came out. I'm tempted to grab this deal but I still don't know.........so much time wasted.........Very good deal though definitely.

[quote name='not2worried']Pulled the trigger on this one... And I'm only a level 20.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I bought the BattleChest and WotLK when WotLK first came out. Played 10 days for free and then another free 30 days that came with the BattleChest. Only got up to Level 20 or so before realizing that I didn't have enough free time to justify the monthly fee. Of course that didn't stop me from picking up a couple of 60-day time cards for 40% off when CircuitCity was going out of business. I hope those don't expire because I still have them sitting on my shelf.

Can't pass up on a good deal even if I don't have time to play the games. At least WoW doesn't go out of date as quickly as other games so it should retain some resale value.

[quote name='Maskim']Meh. The shipping charges are horrible.[/QUOTE]

True, but they only go up slightly if you buy more ($7.24 for 2 copies of BattleChest and 2 copies of WotLK vs. something like $6.50 for just one item), but definitely not great deal if you only want one of the $5 items. That's what pushed me to buy more than I really needed for myself.

didn't seem too bad with tax + shipping. tax was like $2.xx and shipping was less than $7, considering i got a battlechest, 2 wotlk, and 1 bc.

still save a lot compared to non-sale price.

[quote name='DarkonJohn']True, but they only go up slightly if you buy more ($7.24 for 2 copies of BattleChest and 2 copies of WotLK vs. something like $6.50 for just one item), but definitely not great deal if you only want one of the $5 items. That's what pushed me to buy more than I really needed for myself.[/QUOTE]
Yea, it's not a bad deal that way. I think I'll just end up buying the battlechest for 10 with a $5 gift card on thursday, and then if no better deal shows up I'll pick up Lich King at amazon for 20 with prime shipping.

[quote name='DarkonJohn']Yeah, with tax and shipping it was almost exactly $25 for each BattleChest+WotLK bundle.[/QUOTE]
Why not get the digital copy?

What the hell does this mean when I want to pay(register) for Lich?

We are sorry, but you are not eligible to register. Please see our privacy policy for more information.

HUH?

[quote name='not2worried']Why not get the digital copy?[/QUOTE]

Yea, I'm curious to this as well.

It takes less time to download and install the game from Blizzard's website than it does to install the game one CD at a time. Plus, you don't need to pay shipping for physical copies you will use once and that have no value whatsoever.

I like extra boxes to justify my purchase of so much shelving.

You can't gift or resell digital copy (except maybe the original WoW).

Both BC and WotLK require you to tie them to an existing account at time of purchase (at least that's what it looked like to me when I selected them).

And...in my case I wanted to create a second account, but not at this time because that would waste the free game time that comes with BattleChest.

[quote name='DarkonJohn']You can't gift or resell digital copy (except maybe the original WoW).

Both BC and WotLK require you to tie them to an existing account at time of purchase (at least that's what it looked like to me when I selected them).

And...in my case I wanted to create a second account, but not at this time because that would waste the free game time that comes with BattleChest.[/QUOTE]
Fair enough!

[quote name='denshaotoko']doesn't seem like the lich king update has free game time attached to it :([/QUOTE]

Nor does the Burning Crusade expansion include free game time.

Only the original WoW release includes the 30 days of game time...just enough to get you addicted so you'll sign up for the monthly sub, but not quite enough for you to see how your WoW addiction can take over your real-world social life ;-D

bread's done
Back