World Of Warcraft Recruit-A-Friend

Cyraine

CAG Veteran
Hello. I have recruited friends before but with the new changes I am even more interested. First of all I'd like to say that the benefits I receive from recruiting are nice, but I am also thrilled to help you with whatever you may need so you can make the most out of the advantages of being recruited. Maybe we can level new characters together? I have three 70's, two of which I play in high end content with (e.g Black Temple, Sunwell). And I'd love to make a fourth. Once you get to 70, I can help you by inviting to the countless runs I do of heroics and t4 and t5 raids (This will make more sense once you actually try the game =p). Anyhow, here is how it works:

1-) I email you a code for a 10-day free trial.
2-) Once/If you purchase two months of game time, the fun begins =)
3-) We can summon each other to anywhere in the world.
4-) We both get triple experience when we are playing together. This is HUGE. The fastest time to get to 70 right now for an average player is around 6-7 days /played. With this buff we can get to 70 in less than a week in real time.

That's how simple it is. The link lasts 90 days. For more information you can check out http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?articleId=20588

See you in game!
Cheers :D

Hey, I just got one from someone yesterday, can I get one for my buddy, he wants to try it tonight.

I don't see whats spammy about it, there are posts for all the other games. It's the same thing, but with more benefits. /boggle
Sure Dufran, give me his email address and I'll send him a code ^.^ So how do you like the game?

[quote name='Cyraine']I don't see whats spammy about it, there are posts for all the other games. It's the same thing, but with more benefits. /boggle[/QUOTE]
That's exactly why it's spammy, because it benefits you personally. It's not like setting up a game night or giving away free guest codes or something, where you get nothing in return. Every single person who plays WoW could benefit from this. There's already two posts about it. It's no different than any of the other referral offers people are always posting. Just like those, it belongs in the Referral Forum.

Its spammy due to its referral-related, hence why I tossed my post up in the ref area, where it belongs...

Oh I see what you mean! I'm sorry for posting in the wrong forum I didn't see the referral forums my apologies. But please bear in mind this has huge benefits for the people who receive the invitation too it's not one sided.

Is this still available? I have a low level account from a couple of years ago, but would like to give the game a shot again. I am a casual player for sure, but did enjoy the game. Triple the xp would be great to get through the grind. If it is still going on and anyone is interested in picking me up, let me know.

A friend and I are interested in this also. I had an old account (that I gave to another friend), and my friend is interested in maybe getting his account going and "recruiting" me through this. We'd like to explore the horde side, and it'd be cool to do it at 3 x XP.

We'd both re-enter Azeroth cautiously--as we both committed a little too much time to it last time around--but so long as we don't alert old WoW friends with deep addictions that we're back in, we should be alright.

Please contribute to the thread if you've done this recently and if there's anything more to tell about it (like if it's still available). Thanks!

1) In order to maintain the 300% xp bonus you need to stay within 3 levels of eachother.
2) 300% bonus and ability to summon each other goes away the second you ding 60.
3) The recruited friend can "give" levels to the main account's low characters to power level them. Basically at 59 you get 29 levels to "give" to the main account, so if that main account has a level 30 you can get them up to 59 in seconds. The ability to "give" those levels goes away when you ding 60.

I did this a few months ago to power level a toon up that I wanted to use as my main. I got three level 60 characters, a lame mount, and a free month on my main account. I had a buddy helping me level the characters up with his 70 (before the xpac) and ended up giving the second account to him. Overall it was fun and an easy way to get from 1-60 in about a month.

[quote name='blackjaw']1) In order to maintain the 300% xp bonus you need to stay within 3 levels of eachother.
2) 300% bonus and ability to summon each other goes away the second you ding 60.
3) The recruited friend can "give" levels to the main account's low characters to power level them. Basically at 59 you get 29 levels to "give" to the main account, so if that main account has a level 30 you can get them up to 59 in seconds. The ability to "give" those levels goes away when you ding 60.

I did this a few months ago to power level a toon up that I wanted to use as my main. I got three level 60 characters, a lame mount, and a free month on my main account. I had a buddy helping me level the characters up with his 70 (before the xpac) and ended up giving the second account to him. Overall it was fun and an easy way to get from 1-60 in about a month.[/quote]

Saw this a few days ago and forgot to hit the reply. I did this back in August when me and my girlfriend started playing seriously.

Just wanted to add:

-When turning in a quest, make sure you guys stand next to each other. It won't count as 3XP if you aren't.
-You can get around pretty easily with the summoning. It has a 1 hr cooldown, but you each get one. I get one summon, you get one too. They're independent of each other. Good way for one person to hearth back, stock up then summon to get right back into the action.
-The person who refers someone will get a free month of gametime, up to two months, for each month his friend paid. He also gets the Zhevra (Zebra) mount after his friend pays for two months of gametime.
-Like blackjaw said, you can lvl up all your characters to 59, stop and then use other characters on your account / make new ones. Any character on the account in a group together will get the bonus provided that they within 3 levels of each other.
-Summoning and 3XP lasts for 90 days or if you hit 60, whichever comes first.

About the Zhevra mount...it's a free epic mount. Even if it looks like a striped unicorn. I use it and didn't even bother buying an epic. Might as well save up for something better than the standard epic mounts.

I did this recently also. A buddy from work recruited me. He decided that we should roll on a new server.

That was fine except when you level that fast it is hard to actually get enough money to pay for your basic career skills... and especially anything else.

It is usually good to have your hearth stones set to different places. That way you have more options where to go, one of you can hearth, and the other one summon once he gets there.

You could also create a bunch of low level characters and have them stand in different cities, just for teleportation use.

Yeah you can pay a flight master, but trust me... if neither of you have high level characters, you are going to be poor.

[quote name='Sideswiper']I did this recently also. A buddy from work recruited me. He decided that we should roll on a new server.

That was fine except when you level that fast it is hard to actually get enough money to pay for your basic career skills... and especially anything else.[/QUOTE]
I'm in the middle of recruit-a-friend (RAF) and I think it's awesome. My friend and I are making just enough cash to pay for skills, flights, and gear. There's not much else, though, you're right about that: I don't know how he'll afford his mount--no need for me as I rolled lock. I'm still stuck with 6-slot bags and we'll ding 30 soon. I really need some cash to get bigger bags--the need to vend so often is killing me.

Playtime is limited for both of us, so we haven't bothered with any professions, etc. If we get low on cash, we've been duoing instances just below us. It makes for a good challenge, okay XP (though not as good as people think on an XP/hr basis--all those elites mean careful pulls and slow kills), and decent gear/cash.

I think overall people are underestimating RAF. The complaint is that it builds lots of lvl 60s in tattered gray gear who don't know the first thing about grouping, etc., but my friend and I are having a good time and learning a lot. We're duoing everything, and especially on the instances, we're both picking up valuable group skills that a lot of solo powerlevelers on their way to endgame overlook. It's stuff we knew long, long ago, but it's still good to have a refresher with triple xp on mobs and quests.

We're gonna be building new alts soon to take a different pair higher. The only bitch in all of this so far is that we mistakenly rolled on a new server and didn't realize it until we were 20 lvls in. Anyhow, the economy's total bullshit right now, and there's not much we can do.

It's a great game, and I'm happy to be back in on non-addict hours. (Though I'll admit to spending maybe a little too much time browsing the talent calculator.)

I wish I'd remembered to ask on here when I started, the whole grind by myself is killing this game for me. I don't want to just drop the progress I'd already made (a shaman, a paladin, and a hunter), but I guess I could if it means I have someone to play with, which is another reason I got bored so quickly.

[quote name='VioletArrows']I wish I'd remembered to ask on here when I started, the whole grind by myself is killing this game for me. I don't want to just drop the progress I'd already made (a shaman, a paladin, and a hunter), but I guess I could if it means I have someone to play with, which is another reason I got bored so quickly.[/QUOTE]

It makes a difference in passing the time, but I have to be honest (hopefully my recruited friend won't read this): if you're looking to flat-out level, it's easier solo, especially if you play off-peak hours. At least IMO. I could do a lot better XP/hr solo than I could in a duo, and that assessment accounts for the triple XP.

If you're looking to move through levels and play in groups, maybe try getting your XP through instances and quests related to instances. It's not the fastest way to do it, and the pugs take some getting used to, but once you can spot the guys you don't want to group with and have a list of dependable players to group with, you'll do pretty well for yourself. It's not a bad way to have fun with the game and learn your class.

EDIT: I was wrong about doing better XP/hr solo. When my partner actually plays (and doesn't skin corpses and watch me grind), we're doing pretty well XP-wise. Over an extended session (1 hr or more), we've done as high as 70K xp/hr including turn-ins. This was in the mid-30s.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking for someone to recruit who wants to start WoW too. I have gold and shit and i can help you out, just send me a PM and we can talk about it

bread's done
Back