World of Warcraft

Considering there are something like 6 million active subscribers to WoW, this question seems pretty pointless. ;)

"Hey guys!! Anyone here breathe oxygen??"

[quote name='Zing']Considering there are something like 6 million active subscribers to WoW, this question seems pretty pointless. ;)

"Hey guys!! Anyone here breathe oxygen??"[/quote]

Not just plays, but actively. And there's not 6 million active subscribers to WoW. So technically, your post is pointless . Thanks for the asshole comment btw.

[quote name='Zing']Considering there are something like 6 million active subscribers to WoW, this question seems pretty pointless. ;)

"Hey guys!! Anyone here breathe oxygen??"[/QUOTE]

LOL. Good Stuff.

"Hey guys!! Anyone here breathe oxygen??"[/QUOTE]

NO fuckING WAY. ME TOO!

Is this game worth it? I mean I thought about getting this game, but then I saw the whole 15$ a month thing, but I heard its really fun when you get into it. Is it really that good?

[quote name='AkuRit']Is this game worth it? I mean I thought about getting this game, but then I saw the whole 15$ a month thing, but I heard its really fun when you get into it. Is it really that good?[/QUOTE]
If you've played Diablo 2 and like it. I would think you would like this. I did and this game is sweet. But everyone has there own likes/dislikes. I dont think its really worth the $15. But its pretty fun, when you sign up, you get one month and 10 days free so play and see if you like it or not, and continue on from there.

I have a 40 Druid and a 19 or something Priest on two different servers. I've had my account frozen since January though because I've been travelling pretty extensively. I've not been able to convince myself to add another $13-15/month to my bills to jump back in though.

anybody have 2 guest cd keys? i wanted to play with my roommate....just for like a week, im thinking about getting it again, but need to convince myself...

[quote name='xminus']Not just plays, but actively. And there's not 6 million active subscribers to WoW. So technically, your post is pointless . Thanks for the asshole comment btw.[/QUOTE]

Not to be pedantic, but I think there really are six million active subscriptions. Doesn't mean they're all playing at once or even at all, but Blizzard isn't counting cancelled subscriptions. That is how ridiculously insanely phenomenally popular it is.

/cancelled and uninstalled

60 Tauren Hunter on Aggrammar too. The game is fun, but it gets old when you top out. Theres rarely anybody that wants to go run the high lvl stuff and pvping against ppl better geared gets kinda old. I think thats the plight of playing the horde side. I suggest buying it and playing it for 6 months then stopping.

Maybe off topic but hilarious:

I just found out that one of my neighbors, a girl, cybered some dude w/ a webcam that she met on WoW. Obviously WoW gets you the ladies

[quote name='mforge']Not to be pedantic, but I think there really are six million active subscriptions. Doesn't mean they're all playing at once or even at all, but Blizzard isn't counting cancelled subscriptions. That is how ridiculously insanely phenomenally popular it is.

/cancelled and uninstalled[/quote]

5 million subscribers, not 6 million =)
I'm not sure if this number has raised or fallen seeing that alot of people have quit this game here lately.

[quote name='moyetoy1228']Maybe off topic but hilarious:

I just found out that one of my neighbors, a girl, cybered some dude w/ a webcam that she met on WoW. Obviously WoW gets you the ladies[/quote]
haha
that's weird

dunno if im allowed to ask this, but i'm trying to get into this game. my friend who has a 60 pally, and a 60 hunter lent me his cd's but doesn't have an auth. key for me to use. i was hoping that someone on this forum might have an extra one they are no longer using. if so, please pm me. *and if i'm not allowed to ask, i apologize*

[quote name='xx.cut.xx']dunno if im allowed to ask this, but i'm trying to get into this game. my friend who has a 60 pally, and a 60 hunter lent me his cd's but doesn't have an auth. key for me to use. i was hoping that someone on this forum might have an extra one they are no longer using. if so, please pm me. *and if i'm not allowed to ask, i apologize*[/QUOTE]

Once you register an account your auth code becomes void more or less (it's tied to your account)... so someone would have to give you their account name and password...

Me and my GF used to play this last year. We were around lvl 50 (She a warrior, and I was a rogue). It took way too much of our time. We finally quit because we realized we were addicted. :(

Level 56 orc hunter on Windrunner. I've been off the WoW smack for about six months now.

This was my second MMO rpg, after Guild Wars. I found it easy to quit playing because there was no developing story in the game. Sorry, a new zone opening up is not "story" to me. It's just another crater or dungeon to run circles around in.

At least Guild Wars (and I'm not knocking the WoW experience - it was ruling, when I was still creating a (semi) dynamic character and uncovering the map) created the illusion you were the center of some story and moving things along. Example: you would talk to the king after you ran an instance and you'd feel the illusion of, "Wow, I did something - I've changed a little piece of history in this world". I remember my first twinge of disappointment upon completing a huge mission for the horde and getting a "thank you" from Lord Thrall. He's one of the more interesting characters from the WoW universe, for one, and i was really disappointed that he didn't even have - at least - a next quest for me to go on.

I guess this is a problem with all MMO's - they start feeling really generic. I can't tell you how many "new" zones I'd run into that were basically orange dirt, instead of red dirt with a new type of tree. I know I'm picking on a pretty sweet game - there are some fantastic landmarks in WoW and it's a huge world. Like one of the posters above pointed out: play it for six months. I think, in the end, the lack of story and abundance of palette swapped monsters with very few marked abilities just started boring me to tears.

[quote name='coltyhuxx']Level 56 orc hunter on Windrunner. I've been off the WoW smack for about six months now.

This was my second MMO rpg, after Guild Wars. I found it easy to quit playing because there was no developing story in the game. Sorry, a new zone opening up is not "story" to me. It's just another crater or dungeon to run circles around in.

At least Guild Wars (and I'm not knocking the WoW experience - it was ruling, when I was still creating a (semi) dynamic character and uncovering the map) created the illusion you were the center of some story and moving things along. Example: you would talk to the king after you ran an instance and you'd feel the illusion of, "Wow, I did something - I've changed a little piece of history in this world". I remember my first twinge of disappointment upon completing a huge mission for the horde and getting a "thank you" from Lord Thrall. He's one of the more interesting characters from the WoW universe, for one, and i was really disappointed that he didn't even have - at least - a next quest for me to go on.

I guess this is a problem with all MMO's - they start feeling really generic. I can't tell you how many "new" zones I'd run into that were basically orange dirt, instead of red dirt with a new type of tree. I know I'm picking on a pretty sweet game - there are some fantastic landmarks in WoW and it's a huge world. Like one of the posters above pointed out: play it for six months. I think, in the end, the lack of story and abundance of palette swapped monsters with very few marked abilities just started boring me to tears.[/QUOTE]

When you get to Level 60, there are some pretty awesome stories and quest lines. I even seem to remember Thrall had a quest or two.

[quote name='Roufuss']When you get to Level 60, there are some pretty awesome stories and quest lines. I even seem to remember Thrall had a quest or two.[/quote]

I am halfway tempted to play again because I keep hearing this, "It's a new game at level 60." Here's the problem, though, from about level 54-56 I was so completely bored and it was taking forever, even with rest bonus to level. Ok, not forever, but aside from a few instances I just wasn't getting much enjoyment out of the grind. I can only imagine how long 56-60 would take. I'm sure there are faster ways to grind that the way I play.

I'm sort of bummed I'm not playing anymore because about four of my RL friends play regularly and I don't see them that much anymore. It was cool to log on at 2am and run into them and go bash some heads.

Also, I'm a huge fan of the entire Blizzard universe.

I'm guessing that the MMO's of the future are going to address/improve on some of the things I mentioned above because I've heard lots of other gamers mention the same sort of malaise setting in.

[quote name='coltyhuxx']I am halfway tempted to play again because I keep hearing this, "It's a new game at level 60." Here's the problem, though, from about level 54-56 I was so completely bored and it was taking forever, even with rest bonus to level. Ok, not forever, but aside from a few instances I just wasn't getting much enjoyment out of the grind. I can only imagine how long 56-60 would take. I'm sure there are faster ways to grind that the way I play.[/QUOTE]

That factor is worse at 60. You go from personal progression to groups of 40, grinding an instance for weeks if not months for drops, to get everyone decked out in requisite gear to clear the raid instance and start the whole process over on the next one. PVP is about the only way to get a break from that, but it's an even bigger grind due to how that advancement system works.

60 hunter on laughingskull

just hit 60 like 2 days ago, woohooo, now all i gotta do is my attunement shit, and get some more of my set

I found an old 14 day trial cd + key inside an old magazine (Dec 2005) is that thing still valid? I don't want it but its free to the first one to PM me.

60 Priest, 46 Hunter, 43 Warlock - Vek'Nilash

Haven't played since May. I had really high expectations for high-end raids and was let down by the incredible amount of time wasted in standing around waiting for people to show or learn their fucking role.

The thing that sucks is that I got into it with a number of real-life friends and kind of left them behind when I quit. One of them got sucked in pretty hard and does nothing but 40-mans now. From the stories he tells me, I'm really glad I'm not in the game and raiding. Sounds like it takes a lot of patience. He's really pissing his wife off with all the gaming he does now thanks to the WoW addiciton.

When I left, I was avoiding guild responsibilities for raids by tooling around with the warlock class. It was a lot of fun. If I were to get back in, I'd reroll on a PVP server, go lock, and try to get a friend to roll PVP with me and have him/her go shadow priest. Then we could duo all over Azeroth bringing shadow doom. That could be fun.

For anyone else that is wondering wether or not it's worth it, I don't think it is. The Blizzard Corporation is just a greedy bastard of a monster. When my friend cancelled his account, there was a picture of a crying orc, and it said "Look. You made Little Peon cry. I hope you're happy. Little Peon will try to hel his emotinal wounds over time." Just don't play it. Real life is a lot more fun....

[quote name='Full_Throttle']For anyone else that is wondering wether or not it's worth it, I don't think it is. The Blizzard Corporation is just a greedy bastard of a monster. When my friend cancelled his account, there was a picture of a crying orc, and it said "Look. You made Little Peon cry. I hope you're happy. Little Peon will try to hel his emotinal wounds over time." Just don't play it. Real life is a lot more fun....[/quote]

You say Blizzard is greedy because they add a little humor to account management?

[quote name='Full_Throttle']For anyone else that is wondering wether or not it's worth it, I don't think it is. The Blizzard Corporation is just a greedy bastard of a monster. When my friend cancelled his account, there was a picture of a crying orc, and it said "Look. You made Little Peon cry. I hope you're happy. Little Peon will try to hel his emotinal wounds over time." Just don't play it. Real life is a lot more fun....[/QUOTE]

LOL
you're funny.

bread's done
Back