World's Smallest Known Fish

Maklershed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
77 (100%)
BANGKOK, Thailand (AP) -- Scientists have discovered the world's smallest fish on record in an acidic peat swamp in Indonesia, with a see-through body and a head that is unprotected by a skeleton, researchers said Wednesday.

Link to article

vert.tiny.fish.ap.jpg

Hmmm... it's not that small.. and I'm willing to bet it's certainly not the absolute smallest on the planet...

[quote name='javeryh']Hmmm... it's not that small.. and I'm willing to bet it's certainly not the absolute smallest on the planet...[/QUOTE]

There might be fry that are smaller, but this fish is supposedly full grown.

[quote name='javeryh']Hmmm... it's not that small.. and I'm willing to bet it's certainly not the absolute smallest on the planet...[/QUOTE]

Smallest or not... Its got fully functional digestive, reproductive and neurological systems. A skelleton to boot. Impressive little thing.

And in the event of nuclear holocaust it would probably be the only thing that survives, and then through countless milleniums of evolution we would have Admiral Ackbar.....

[quote name='ZeroSupporT']And in the event of nuclear holocaust it would probably be the only thing that survives, and then through countless milleniums of evolution we would have Admiral Ackbar.....[/QUOTE]

Well, that and twinkies.

bread's done
Back