Worried about the copy of Suikoden II I shipped out..

Robobandit

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Hey guys,

I'm really not sure what I can do about this, but after reading about charge backs I'm getting nervous. Someone bought out my Suikoden II auction for $105, and paid the $5 for shipping, and I printed a label (priority mail) and sent it out on April 6th, the day after I got payment.

However, since the address was unconfirmed, but the buyer's identity was verified, I sent it with insurance and signature confirmation. The postal service said an attempt was made to deliver it at 9:37 am on the 8th and left a notice, and delivery could be attempted again or it could be picked up at the post office.

I'm worried because this guy doesn't seem to respond to e-mails, i've sent two already and I'm afraid of a chargeback if the game gets sent back to me. Any ideas on what I should do? Thanks in advance.

Edit, this was paid for through paypal, which is currently tied to my bank account.. should I remove it from my paypal account just to be safe? Thanks again.

didn't even know Ebay had forums.. I'll go check over there.. I figured I would post here at least since this is where I had a thread advertising the auction and some folks here bid on it.

If it gets returned just wait for a reply from the buyer or from paypal, if he tries to do a paypal chargeback paypal will alert you and you can explain the situation.

It is very possible it was actually delivered and the carrier or clerk (if he went to the window to pick it up) did not scan it. It happens far too often for the post office's liking.

Thanks much, seems like I started worrying too soon.. though it does bother me that he doesn't respond to e-mails.. I may resort to calling the phone number that paypal provided for the address.

[quote name='Robobandit']Thanks much, seems like I started worrying too soon.. though it does bother me that he doesn't respond to e-mails.. I may resort to calling the phone number that paypal provided for the address.[/QUOTE]

Some people (like me) ignore emails comming in from ebay and paypal since they flood you with ads constantly, although if you sent the email from your account outside of ebay this shouldn't be a problem.

I'll try my gmail account.. I guess I can understand it being blocked from paypal, hotmail (though he uses a hotmail account) and ebay.

[quote name='Robobandit']I'll try my gmail account.. I guess I can understand it being blocked from paypal, hotmail (though he uses a hotmail account) and ebay.[/QUOTE]

Well if you sent an email from hotmail, not through ebay using your hotmail address then he probably either isn't responding or he simply isn't there.

[quote name='Robobandit']Either that or he has an exclusive junkmail filter like I do, but doesn't check the folder.[/QUOTE]

Still normally the filter lets hotmail accounts through.

[quote name='MightySlacker']take it out of your paypal. Paypal can no longer yank funds out of your bank account

Dave[/QUOTE]

Did they get sued to often for it?

And remember even if you do that and a chargeback is issued you've got to pay paypal back before you can buy from that account.

it is out of my paypal, I've already spent it. Anyway, I have no particular attachment to ebay or paypal, so I wouldn't mind closing those accounts permanently if it came down to it. I'll see how long it remains unclaimed and decide what to do later. Thanks for all of your input guys, i appreciate it.

If the game gets returned to you, you should either give the guy his money back or send it to him again. (I wouldn't be too keen on sending it again as I figure it'd just get returned back a 2nd time.) I could see withholding the S+H paid from the refund for sure.

I can understand you being antsy about a high dollar item, but it might be better to not bombard the guy with e-mails 'Did you get the game yet?' 'Did you get it?' 'Has it arrived yet?'

You mailed it, you tried to check with him that he received it, not much more you can do. Either he got the game and all's well, the PO will be returning it to you, or he got the game and is going to try to scam you. Hopefully having insurance and signature confirmation will prevent him from trying to pull any sort of scam on you, if he is the sort to do that crap. And if he does hopefully that will let you nail him.

Probably the guy just doesn't check his e-mail much (or his eBay/PayPal is tied to an e-mail he set up just for that and he never checks that one)

He also probably didn't expect to have to sign for the package and maybe didn't see the note from the postman? Still, as a buyer I'd probably be checking to make sure it had been mailed out pretty soon.

the problem with refunding the guy would be that I would have almost no money left to my name. I'm a poor college student and the whole reason I sold the game was so that I could use the money. The money is gone, so I'm really hoping the guy can claim his game, or worst case I can call the phone number paypal gave me with his address and make other arrangements for sending it to him. Since his address was unconfirmed (thus screwing me out of paypal's seller protection), I at least wanted a name attached to the package. I'll give it more time and see what happens, if it gets returned to me, I'll decide what to do from there. Again, thanks for all of the input.

don't sweat it, in fact if your in college go buy some drugs and alcohol to calm you down.

you got the money which was the point. if he does try to charge you back, paypal will notify you. you have all your info, so its all legit. if your game get returned, keep it until the buyer contacts you. if he doesn't then relist.

Keep in mind, you got the money, you upheld your end so far, and you don't care about your ebay account/paypall account in terms of ever using it again.

Just found the auction. Buyer has nearly 2k feedback and a 99% rating (scanned a few negs and they seem to have all come from buyers) I doubt this guy is out to scam you.

Many of his neutral and neg comments mention he never responds to e-mails.

yeah, I was just getting a little antsy (sometimes I'm a little impatient and I like to see things resolved ASAP.) I never thought the guy was a scam artist, I'm just waiting to see what happens now.

Oh for goodness sake! I would be so annoyed as a buyer to get tons of emails about 'did you get it yet? Huh? Huh?' Maybe he's on vacation, maybe he has a great filter, or maybe he's swamped with work. Lots of times the post office doesn't leave a card to inform even though they're supposed to.

If he emails saying he hasn't received it, direct him to his local p.o. to check on it. Trust me, they don't send it back for like a month or more. We got something back once after 5 weeks, with only one attempt made to deliver.

You got tracking #, so even if a claim is filed, you're in the clear. If you're in college, you are WAY too young to be this tense. Go get laid or something.

i don't blame you for trying to get in touch with the seller..

i hate people that don't communicate at all and i don't agree what the poster above me said...

Oh for goodness sake! I would be so annoyed as a buyer to get tons of emails about 'did you get it yet? Huh? Huh?' Maybe he's on vacation, maybe he has a great filter, or maybe he's swamped with work.

You paid $105 for a freakin video game..the least you can do is be there to receive it...How long does it take to reply to an email?

bread's done
Back