Worst B&M Game Retailer 2007

I'd have to vote for Walmart as well. Their clearances as so YMMV, it's comical, and they just don't have any sales. They match their competitors, though what's the originality in matching someone's sale minus a few more pennies?

Gamestop. They had a error in one of their ads and the manager wouldn't honor thier own ad even though I was the first person to point it out. I ended up having to call the customer service number and have the district manager call me. Note, only this one manager wasn't honoring the ad. All the other gamestops honored the ad. One manager told me that until something came from corporate they had to honor the ad. The manager that didn't honor the ad has since been demoted. I told her before I left the store "This is not going to go good for you". She didn't believe me. She does now and give me a dirty look whenever I go in that store. I usually just go in that store just to irk her now.

Wal Mart.
Io hit the nail on the head perfectly. They really never have any sales, their clearance is always YMMV.

I don't know why everyone is saying CC? Because what happened with Speedy? Where that sucks, CC usually has decent sales & clearances frequently with games. But whatever, I guess.

Toss up between Walmart and Circuit City. CC has good clearances, but quite possibly the worst selection and service of any store ever. Walmart just has terrible prices.

Even with the circuit city stuff that happened, I have been able to get some cheap games there.....

Gamestop on the other hand....they are craptastic, particularly with their "used games as new" and hassling of the customers. I haven't been inside one for over 6 months now, which is easy when they lack deals.

so, I nominate Gamestop.

Circuit City for not willing to sell me something based off their OWN AD!
They said there was a retraction for the item listed next to it (there was NOT!) so I said fuck it. CC hands down..........

[quote name='lilboo']Wal Mart.
Io hit the nail on the head perfectly. They really never have any sales, their clearance is always YMMV.

[/QUOTE]

But do they ass rape you over trades, harass you about magazine subscriptions, sell you open games as new or bother you the moment you walk in the door? No. They are just kind of there. I never expect to buy a game at Wal-Mart. Just because they don't have deals or clearance doesn't make them a bad retailer though. That makes them a non-issue.

As for Circuit City, it sucks for speedy and Cheapy, but CC is just doing what they feel is right about people swiping and posting the ads before they are ready to release them. It's great for us, but they are a multi-million dollar company trying to protect itself.

Gamestop for the win.

Gamestop/EB

The way they pester you - as soon as you enter, no less - about trade-ins or pre-orders it reminds me of a junkie trying to get their next fix. Atleast CC leaves me the fuck alone.

Gamestop for the simple fact that they open every new game that comes in if you don't preorder it. One time this year opened my preorder before I went to purchase it. I canceled it and bought it eslewhere.

Gamestop. Constantly feel hassled and pressured by salespeople when I go in there. Never find anything new at a discounted price. And when I say "new" I mean "we opened your package and stuck your disc in a sleeve and put it in a drawer" kind of new, which I don't like.

[quote name='lilboo']
I don't know why everyone is saying CC? Because what happened with Speedy? Where that sucks, CC usually has decent sales & clearances frequently with games. But whatever, I guess.[/quote]

I voted for Circuit City because I have to argue with the clerks and managers to get ad prices that are in the sales paper. I haven't been their since the Call of Duty 4 situation where they refused to give me the regular copy of Call of Duty 3 for free that their sales paper listed.

I would also have to say Gamestop.
They never have ANYTHING; unless of course you preorder it: give them some money ahead of time. Sorry, I'd rather that money sit in my bank account and earn interest for me.
You should have a separate category for them to win the biggest ripoff in the used game market. It's no wonder their stock does so well, they buy a used game for a few bucks and resell it for next to new price. I just can't believe gamers actually shop there. I avoid it like the plague just so I don't have to listen to the droning fruitcakes that work there.

For 2008 I'll probably vote for Walmart just based on their SSBB Preorder travesty but that was more of an online thing.

My vote goes to Circuit City the only good thing they did for me this whole year was price match one deal other than that they just plain sucked.

Maybe its me, but I've never had much of a problem with GS/EB (well except for my $100 in credit disappearing but that was resolved quickly). Never really been hassled there for pre-orders. CC has been good to me with their clearances, although going after Speedy like that is deplorable. BB...eh.

My vote definitely goes to Walmart for all the reasons listed. They offer up NOTHING in terms of sales.

Circuit City for having an unorganized selection of games and for also having ignorant employees that have little to no knowledge of anything.

bread's done
Back