Worst B&M Game Retailer 2007

Circuit City for their typical bait and switch tactics (listing those Live points cards in their ad and then claiming they were excluded from the sale).

Circuit City. They repeatedly advertise a deal then only carry 3 of the items in stock. They are my most hated Electronics store period.

Normally I would say GS/EB, but they did nothing unexpectedly bad this year (well I never walked into one because I never expected anything of them). CC on the other hand went from excellent (lots of great deals) to terrible.

So while I can not claim either one worse than the other, the massive dissapointment of CC this year compared to last makes them the clear winner in my book

Gamestop. They treat their customers like trash. At least Circuit City just ignores you. Gamestop goes the extra mile by treating everyone who walks through the door like shit, including employees.

Tough one. Im tempted to say best buy because they are so horrible with hardware. They lie about warranties, tell you things will take 20 mints but make it take hours instead, say their hardware does stuff it doesnt etc etc. However im going to say Gamestop still treat people like crap, dont guarantee game condition or completeness and just in general have been ass hats. They are also a large threat to the industry.

Circuit City. I always see ads for games on sale i.e. Assassin's Creed and COD 4 for $38, and they didn't have it the same day the sale started! Another strike against them, is they don't give out rain checks! What's up with that!

Best Buy, for not honoring coupons printed from their site.

One of the BB stores near me has their PS3 stuff literally locked in a cage. That doesn't help my opinion of them, either.

I'm gonna drop a nom for circuit city this year as well, given the situation between Cheapy, Speedy, and them.

I gotta go with Gamestop as a whole as well. There's a few good stores out there, but for the most part they're pretty wretched.

I'm going to have to say GameStop.

Thank you, Gamestop, for single handedly helping me develop the habit of buying all games online, and simply giving my old games away or to charity.

It's close between Gamestop and Best Buy. I think I'll go with Best Buy this time. To be fair, Gamestop can have my vote for worst online store.

GameStop.

sucks. I've gotten some good deal from them, but most of the people that work there just SUCK. at life. The company really doesn't care about the consumer, either--they just want to make $$.

Gamestop! for selling new games open and with lots of price stickers in the box, I hate them!!! opening a game is a damned ritual! is like taking the virginity of someone you love, they dont smell like new in GS =(

I nominate myself. Also Vanilla Gorilla and Red Vs. Blue. Those guys should get a room and make hateful babies. I know this is the wrong thread, but I just wanted to show everyone why it is dumb having the Most Memorable CAG thread be shit on by a throng of blind morons voting for Circuit City. I vote for Circuit City. Also, VG and RVB, I was only joking. You are just the first two people that popped into my head.

Gamestop and Circuit City. Gamestop for putting stickers on everything and Circuit City for never having any games in stock. My CC game section is nothing but those white cardboard seperator things.

Gamestop. I just want to buy used games locally at a decent price (not $5 off) and without having to listen to some jerk up-sell for 5 mins about crap I don't want.

I have to say Gamestop mainly for not having a policy against taking in scratched to heck discs and selling opened games as new more times than I can count. Also for selling known pirated GBA games through their website and for not having a policy against selling pirated games in general (you can see many pirated gba games on the used shelves of gamestop stores). Their whole "its opened but new" clause is what is making me avoid buying new games at the store altogether. I don't care what anyone says a game that is opened is NOT considered new, you couldn't resell an opened game as new on ebay now could you?

All the other retailers are just average for video games (hardware not included) because they just sell factory sealed games in packages, there really is nothing wrong with that putting all other concerns aside.

Also gamestop for not offering warranties on Xbox 360's anymore because people were actually using the warranty.

Gamestop for a number of reasons; but tossing out perfectly good new GBA boxes and instructions for no VALID reason puts them over the top.

I nominate TOYS R US, they have the worst selection I've ever seen. I went there during the B2G1 Free sale and all the tickets on the floor were incorrect. The cashier told me to just hang out behind the register and look through the glass displays to see if there is anything I wanted. I felt like I was at a Zoo waiting to scam a giraffe from it's food. It was shameful, I won't go back for a long time.

FYE for having games market above the MSRP... and Gamestop as they still try to sell used games as new. [when I tried to buy warhawk, they had the game open and tried to sell it new... looks like there was some earwax on the headset.]

Wal-Mart, hands down. I have not bought a single game from them since the mid 1990s. And I've never, ever seen any sort of deal there.

BestBuy should get a nod because I've had tons of trouble with them with returns/exchanges and coupons (from their own site).

CompUSA for getting rid of the clearance bin games (this was long before any talk of them closing started).

I think this is the first year GS will not get a nomination from me believe it or not. Their B2G1F sale has been really good to me this year. I picked up 12 fairly rare/hard to find games from doing it.

Gamestop hands down. I was in there the other day some little girl was looking for cooking mama 2 and of course they didn't have it. The mom said, "and they call this a game store?" I started busting up and rubbing it in there faces that i just got eba for under 10 bucks when the loser clerk was saying games under 20 dollars are that way for a reason.

Going with Walmart, I go to preorder and they say they don't do it but online says they do. They never have coupons, or at least never when I look.

I've been tallying the nominations, and I thought it interesting that no one nominated Target for the worst B&M.

When the time comes to vote, I'm going to have a hard time between Circuit City and Toys R Us for worst. My local CC is absolute crap. No freakin' staff and I always see at least one game that's been torn into and the game stolen... raising the prices for those of us who you know, actually pay for our games. My local TRU is wel staffed, but the ones I hit in the Chicago area were just horrid experiences.

Gamestop... Well, the majority of Gamestops suck, I actually have one by me, a little store in a small shopping center, that is great, but other than that one store, the rest of them I hate.

I've gotta go with Wal-Mart.

Mine in particular has a huge clearance isle, filled with non-priced items at higher than msrp value. Seriously, they have copies of Fifa 2002 for the original playstation for 20 bucks there.

bread's done
Back