Worst B&M Game Retailer 2008

Wal-Mart is 1st for sure i dont think they even know what a sale or clearance item is, i mean sure they have clearance and sale items but $1.15 off of the regular MSRP does not qualify as a sale or clearance item.

TRU 2nd, bastards canceled the free game on a B2G1, and it was a brand new game. fuck TRU.

Gamestop 3rd as they are the succubus of the industry, but at least has some deals occasionally.

I originally nominated Circuit City here but after thinking about it, they just had too many good deals this past year. Therefore, I change my nomination to Gamestop for never having sales and used game shenanigans. Surprised to see so many votes for Wal-Mart. I got MGS4, Saints Row 2, Soul Calibur IV and Fallout 3 there at midnight on the release date with little to no lines.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do they stock games? I didn't even know they did until we had to shop for shoes and the one kids comes over with overpriced Wii games.

Best Buy. Even if I always get a price match, I shouldn't have to wait while they check to see if it's cheaper on their own website.

GameStop because of all the nonsense they pull with their "deals." Some of the employees don't know about the deals or refuse to honor them. Used games are priced ridiculously high and trade in values are laughable.

Best Buy for their messed up storage of half their games in a locked room so every game you look for you have to talk to an associate to call the manager to open the room to see if they have it. Epic Fail. Especially when I had to wait 30 minutes on Black Friday

TRU - horrible return / exchange policy. 14-days with no exceptions or adjustments for holiday or birthday presents. You have to purchase your holiday gifts within 10 days of Christmas or else they can't be returned or exchanged even with receipt. And if you do return / exchange an unopened game with receipt within 14 days, about four different store managers have to sign off and authorize the return.

Gamestop or Wal-Mart.

But I vote Gamestop due to them opening games and those ugly price stickers they put on the packaging. Its a bitch to take off sometimes.

Circuit City

It's always such a hassle to get someone to even ring you up and get the hell out of there. They do get props for providing ads for me to price match though.

Circuit City. I hated shopping there. Employees actively avoided checking me out on several occassions. The store was fairly empty and employees would walk into the back room if I walked up to the counter. >_>

bread's done
Back