Worst B&M Game Retailer 2008

Walmart.

In my opinion, at least Gamestop has some of the more rare games I'm looking for.

Also, I distinctly remember getting pissed at Walmart when I saw both DQIV and Star Ocean: First Departure listed for $50 (mind you this is in America- MSRP of $40 each). $50... Walmart, really?!

Hmm...

Gamestop because they continually gut new games, and basically give you shitty trade in values (when they're not running a promo).

Wal-Mart because the NEVER lower their base video game prices. Individual store YMMV clearances do not count.

Circuit City. I have never once seen a single clearance game at any of the 5 CC's that are (soon to be were :() in my area. Granted, I've only been looking for 6 months, but you'd think I could have found ANYTHING by now. Other than that, their sales are *meh* at best.

Wal-Mart, for giving me bullshit excuses whenever I try to pricematch in the damn store. I really hope someone burns all of em down.

Without a doubt, Walmart. The more they take over and other retailers go out of business (like CC) the worse it gets for us CAGs. Walmart never has any decent sales and clearances are YMMV so you can't even keep track of it like at Target or Kmart or Sears (or like you used to with CC). And I know this is probably unusual for most people, but for me they have crappy and widespread locations (thankfully in the bigger picture) and when you do go it is always crowded and hard to park and get in/out quickly like at nearly every other store.

Plus, it's Walmart...

Gamestop....without a doubt.

Walmart may have a shitty videogame section but they aren't a pure videogame retailer.

Gamestop is a pure game shop and fails to provide anything worthwhile to the consumer.

[quote name='BillyBob29']Gamestop....without a doubt.

Walmart may have a shitty videogame section but they aren't a pure videogame retailer.

Gamestop is a pure game shop and fails to provide anything worthwhile to the consumer.[/QUOTE]

Not if you know how to play them right - then they are the best ;).

I think Walmart is probably one of the biggest game sellers out there (just like they are the biggest toy retailer - and they suck at that too, by the way), so they definitely qualify.

This is a tough category, since so many stores can have individual locations that are either great or horrible, so my vote is being cast based on store policy. Since Gamestop/EB Games seem to like to open up brand new games, remove the disks, and then still try to sell those units as 'new', I feel I have no other reasonable choice for worst B&M game retailer than Gamestop/EB Games.

Wal-MArt, I don't want to spend 30 minutes to walk through a giant place with shitty employees and a massive parking lot to buy a game for retail price

Wal-mart is deffinitly the worst. I've been on here for years and have never spotted a deal there. Their selection is pretty lackluster due to shelve space and the crowd of little kids trying to play the kiosks while their parents shop are absolutely annoying.

Kmart. They are terrible about getting new games in but great for getting games for $10 on clearance like Stranglehold.

Wal-Mart. They have the most untrained staff in the history of bad companies and that is saying alot. They barely even have the games stocked for their adds and their personnel are all...special.

bread's done
Back