Worst B&M Game Retailer 2008

GS ... stop killing us on trades ..I hate it when they try to give you $10 for a used game that they will resell for $30 more ...be fair !!!!

Gamestop by a mile. No price matching, passing off opened games as new and that weird smell that seems to permeate every store. What's up with that?

[quote name='Birbo']Gamestop by a mile. No price matching, passing off opened games as new and that weird smell that seems to permeate every store. What's up with that?[/quote]
haha I'll second that. Every GS in my area has that exact same smell.

Circuit City. There's a reason they're going out of business. Their organization is terrible, the price tags are never reliable, and some of their advertised specials never even reach the store.

Though I picked up a game for $10 there a week or so ago, Wal-Mart gets my vote for having the balls to still stock Gun Valkyrie for the original Xbox and charge $30 for it.

wow kmart never has anything priced and it takes an hour to get something out of the damn case... yep that is the worst to try to get a deal at kmart.

K-Mart, if you don't vote for them, you clearly have not been to one in a long time. They absolutely suck! Terribly selection, terrible layout, and no employees around.

Everyone voting Gamestop can suck it. They rocked last year. Great used game deals, great selection, and I wasn't bothered once to pre-order anything.

I have to go with Circuit city pre closing. They never had any good sales, and if you went in the store you could never find a game easily.

I pick GameStop. While they have great selection and choices in store, their prices are horrible, they don't PM, and there are hardly any sales/deals at all.

gamestop really had no deals. that i saw worth it. i even cancelled my reserve for socom there so that i would get it on amazon instead.

Interesting that a lot of people are choosing Gamestop as the worst retailer of the year. As far as B&M stores go, GS had hands down the most deals out of the stores on the list. B2G1 free sales plus some excellent coupons kept me making purchases throughout the year in addition to the occasional worthwhile deal of the week. If used games aren't your thing, they still have plenty of price drops that take effect before many other stores.

Toys R Us had B2G1 on new games which was a great deal. I didn't partake in that sale in particular, but I did pick up a few clearance games at great prices. Wal-Mart, Circuit City, K-Mart, and Best Buy all had the random clearance title or price drop on something I was interested in, but FYE had only one game that I purchased the whole year. Granted I've been shopping almost exclusively for current gen games this year and used titles are not an issue for me, but last year around this time when Bioshock was quietly priced at $19.99 was the only time I bothered to go digging around in that place.

Circuit City...oh wait, they're dead. Bah, voted already but I'll second K-Mart since they still sell old, OLD games at MSRP when everyone else clearances them out.

I always hated shopping at Circuit City if I was actually there with a purpose. It was a fine store to browse through, but actually trying to find something specific was hard as hell, at least at the only store that was near me anyways.

Wow, it's a tough choice between FYE and Gamestop. FYE has the shittiest prices, but Gamestop isn't far behind (at least they have SOME deals). I'm voting Gamestop since I've actually been screwed over by them.

bread's done
Back