Worst B&M Game Retailer 2008

The answer is easily FYE. This have a piss poor selection of games (those complaining about Walmart, when is the last time you've been to these stores?), and the few games they do have a priced higher than most stores. I remember one time I went to FYE in 2007, I saw a copy of Ping Pals for $40. Ping Pals, a DS launch game from 2004 that was originally $35, was being sold by FYE for $40 in 2007.

I think some people are picking GameStop because it's "cool" to bash them. I have never had any problems at the GameStop stores i've been too. While I will occasionally encounter an employee who doesn't seem to care about the job, most are nice and the game selection is almost always good.

Best Buy is a misnomer, in my book... high prices, indifferent attitude, average selection, and rarely do they carry sale items in stock.

Wal-Mart. Crap "deals", dirty, unorganized stores, apathetic employees (can you blame them, though?) Not a good experience.

Gamestop because they told my TE was in but when I got to the store they told me they did not have it.And their stores smell like BO.

Game Stop gets a lot of undeserved hate since as long as you know how to shop there you can get some damn good deals

I'm voting for Kmart because I'm surprised they still exist

My annual vote always seems to go to eb and GameStop. It still baffles me how a store that specializes in games can treat them so poorly, and have some of the worst customer service of any store. I can't stand those stores any longer.

Wow, Kmart people? Have you checked out the Kmart clearance thread? Yeah, the store sucks, but it is good for some cheap clearance games. And Gamestop had gotten MUCH better in the last year with the weekly coupons and nearly continuous trade-in deals. If you know how to work them they are awesome (in fact they were my choice for BEST of the year for the first time).

Hands down, the worst is Walmart for all the reasons stated above. For me I would throw in location too - there aren't that many around me and they are difficult to get to/park at. And the few times I've bothered to go in I've been hoorribly disappointed with their "deals" being like 8 cents off MSRP. Plus, the completely random nature of their clearances (when they do have them) means people can rarely get in on the same deals and share them with other CAGs. It was a very sad day for CAGs everywhere when CC went under (with their ultra-reliable clearance pricing chain-wide) and gave more ground to the behemoth.

K-Mart. They have no organizational skills at all and no one there knows a thing about the games section.

FYE has got to be the most overpriced Brick 'N Mortar retailer out there, and the only one that overprices things worse than the horribly named "Best Buy."

most of the gamestops blows major chunks, the majority of the employees there doesn't anything about games and they always sell games at retail prices, the only discount i found from them is getting free shipping on their website

Toys r us. They wouldn't allow my friend to exchange a game with the gift receipt present even though it was within days of the purchase..

Gamestop, for not letting me buy Street Fighter IV yesterday. Employee was holding a copy for his girlfriends brother.

[quote name='XXXplosive1']Gamestop, for not letting me buy Street Fighter IV yesterday. Employee was holding a copy for his girlfriends brother.[/quote]

Gamestop as well for me, for not letting me buy SF4 CE(PS3) yesterday as well.

Thank goodness for bestbuy having them first thing this morning.

Gamestop consistently pisses me off. Twice now the people there have accused me of not wanting a game because I didn't pre-order it. "Why didn't you pre-order it?" and "If you walk out of this store without pre-ordering, you're basically saying you don't want this game." I just laughed in his face and went to Toys R Us and Blockbuster where they had my launch title in stock and didn't give me shit about it.

I vote for FYE, however Kmart does always have games that are on sale for damn near half price at other retailers still marked full price.
Although I've seen this at sears too, they have Greatest hits titles marked at or above $39.99 when most retailers sell for $29.99

i voted fye, walmart aint bad here just isnt really a great place that draws people to buy games, also GS is second but i got this one across town that hooks me up with discounts and free promo gear like when i pre-ordered gears 2 and picked it up 2 days later the girl had hooked me up with a gold hammerburst code from the midnight release for free.

Definately Kmart! I've been to every store listed and Kmart is the worst. There is never anything in stock and what is there is nothing but a dishevled mess.

It was hard to decide between the two X-Marts, but K-Mart is even worse, which is really saying something because Wal-Mart is awful.

bread's done
Back