Worst B&M Game Retailer 2010

Gamestop... for selling me 'last' copy as NEW. I got home and pop'ed it in my DS, and there was a saved game on it. Oh.. the horror.

Best Buy after the day I had and how much they messed up my Marvel vs Capcom 3 Special Edition, they shoot up to the top of the list. I preordered back towards the end of January and picked the store for in store pickup. And they don't know when they are getting any copies in so by the end I now have to wait for them to ship it to me instead of being able to play it now there pre order system is flawed.:roll:

[quote name='Glasscocked']Kmart, they have been having good deals but they just don't have their shit together.[/QUOTE]
^

Gamestop
Where one employee will tell you that the last copy you're buying never get's played, has everything and is brand new, no we won't take $5 off cause it's not used. You look at it, the disc is scuffed, then they go "that's a manufacturing defect they all have that"
And another employee will tell you yeah we're playing that game in the back it's awesome.
Also another Gamestop experience from 2010
"Yeah you can preorder Starcraft 2 CE, it's guaranteed", when I go there to pick it up for midnight launch they say, "wow you're lucky you got the last one, we are only are getting 6 (and that's it)..." Felt bad for the few guys that came a few minutes after me expecting their CE preorder to be filled.

[quote name='carbogo']Gamestop
Where one employee will tell you that the last copy you're buying never get's played, has everything and is brand new, no we won't take $5 off cause it's not used. You look at it, the disc is scuffed, then they go "that's a manufacturing defect they all have that"
And another employee will tell you yeah we're playing that game in the back it's awesome.
Also another Gamestop experience from 2010
"Yeah you can preorder Starcraft 2 CE, it's guaranteed", when I go there to pick it up for midnight launch they say, "wow you're lucky you got the last one, we are only are getting 6 (and that's it)..." Felt bad for the few guys that came a few minutes after me expecting their CE preorder to be filled.[/QUOTE]

I went to a gamestop a couple weeks back that supposedly had Just Cause 2 new in stock. I get there and the clerk pulls the game out of the drawer and goes to put it in the shitty case I just brought up to the register from the sales floor. You know the one, it's got price sticker after price sticker from all the price changes on it and has generally been beaten to death. He tells me that is the last "new" copy they had and they couldn't sell it used. I told him to forget it. What a bunch of sheisters I feel your pain. :bomb:

It cracks me up to see all the GameStop comments. Wait until the buy 2g1 deals start and everyone is talking about what games to get. Don't forget about last years buy 1 get one free. You can literally buy a PS2 console for $30, get 20 decent used games for less than $3 each and give a kid a very happy Christmas for less than $100. Try that at amazon or wal-mart.

Does wal-mart or amazon take your used games or consoles (trash) without the original box and artwork? Don't think so. I have seen someone bring a 360 console that had cockroaches all over it. The owner left it in his attic for months. Try taking that shit to your local Best Buy for store credit.

By the way, they also had Bioshock 2 LE for $30. Yet, yeah, GameStop sucks.

[quote name='oasisboy']It cracks me up to see all the GameStop comments. Wait until the buy 2g1 deals start and everyone is talking about what games to get. Don't forget about last years buy 1 get one free. You can literally buy a PS2 console for $30, get 20 decent used games for less than $3 each and give a kid a very happy Christmas for less than $100. Try that at amazon or wal-mart.

Does wal-mart or amazon take your used games or consoles (trash) without the original box and artwork? Don't think so. I have seen someone bring a 360 console that had cockroaches all over it. The owner left it in his attic for months. Try taking that shit to your local Best Buy for store credit.

By the way, they also had Bioshock 2 LE for $30. Yet, yeah, GameStop sucks.[/QUOTE]

Why don't you go marry it?

I'm going with Target. I have $45 in gift cards and havn't been able to find anything resembling a deal from that store. Mixed with impossible sales persons (good luck finding someone available to take a game out of the case when needed) and the fact that all stores in my area are blasting heat at an extremely uncomfortable level, I end up frustrated and uncomfortable. Boo Target. I have no issues with GS in my area. BB has nothing useful either, but at least they have worked with me in the past here (Blur for $10, FF XIII for $20).

Kmart for their horrendous in-store customer service.

I'm hoping that Kmart wins both best and worst B&M retailer. That would be pretty cool.

[quote name='emg28']kmart for their horrendous in-store customer service.

I'm hoping that kmart wins both best and worst b&m retailer. That would be pretty cool.[/quote]

+1

Best Buy. The "gaming" associates who are suppose to assist customers in that area don't really seem to know much and haven't been helpful. Also their PM policies have really been all over the place.

Gamestop. I haven't stepped foot in one in over a year at this point, but based on deals alone Gamestop takes it.

GameStop has to win this hands down. Their deals are always horrible compared to other stores, the clerks are always obnoxious idiots, and when they have convinced me to make a pre-order because of the bonuses, they generally screw it up and mess the order up somehow.

Fred Myers
They almost never have a good sell. Stuff isn't on the shelf on release day. General pain just finding stuff. I'm surprise they still exist.

Umm where's Target? They didn't have a single good deal on new stuff all year, and for at least 2/3 of the year their clearance dried up and sucked hardcore.

Best Buy had a few deals, & Gamestop is not as bad as everyone thinks IMO. I will say having a great one near where I work helps and there some bad ones out there, but with all the trade in deals they can't be the worst retailer when it's clearly Target this year.

[quote name='oasisboy'] I have seen someone bring a 360 console that had cockroaches all over it. The owner left it in his attic for months. Try taking that shit to your local Best Buy for store credit.
[/QUOTE]

Color me crazy but a retailer that takes in a console with cockroaches all over it is not one I want to shop at.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Umm where's Target? They didn't have a single good deal on new stuff all year, and for at least 2/3 of the year their clearance dried up and sucked hardcore.[/QUOTE]

Point taken, but I'm gonna toss in another nomination for Gamestop.

[quote name='Baron O Hell']Fred Myers
They almost never have a good sell. Stuff isn't on the shelf on release day. General pain just finding stuff. I'm surprise they still exist.[/QUOTE]

Yes, because their video game sales is really what is keeping Fred Meyers (which is part of the gigantic Kroger grocery chain) still around.
Going to Fred Meyers for videogames is such an afterthough, they're primarilay a grocey strore. :rolls eyes:

Living in Puerto Rico, where every major US retailer does whatever the fuck they want, I'll have to go with K-Mart. Best Buy is pretty shitty over here, but sometimes they do honor their online and US prices, but K-mart has to be the worst retailer ever. They still have the Platinum Hits version of Gears Of War 2 for $72.99 (before tax, which is 7%), so that should give you an idea of how bad it is.

I hope some Gamestop rep is lurking in the forums and try some way to make deals and not "msrp price drops" since we keep voting them for Worst B&M shop annually.

Walmart HANDS. DOWN.

I mean seriously, I've seen games that were on the "clearance" bins that had $60 sometimes! I went there this Sunday and they had Eternal Darkness for $30 still! (wal-mart at Northlake, IL if anyone's interested in that game btw. lol)

Man, generally they don't drop the prices on their games for SQUAT. I've seen games full price where they have been dropped everywhere else for over 6 months. *smh*

[quote name='Davestation']Gamestop or Wal Mart, neither have many great deals or sales...[/QUOTE]

But Wal Mart isn't staffed by pretentious d-bags, and I can't buy cheap-ass groceries at Gamestop.

I know K-mart is hit or miss with stock/employees but there is still a slim chance of having a good experience.

On the other hand I am 100% certain that EVERY GameStop will try sell me an open game as new, and for that they will always be the worst.

So in the end, assuming you can find the game you want at K-Mart, you KNOW for a fact that it hasn't been played before. It's therefore impossible for K-Mart to rank lower than GameStop.

bread's done
Back