Worst B&M Game Retailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh! Wal-Mart is horrible when it comes to games! Poor selection and usually way overpriced! I can't remember the last time I found a good game deal there!

The YMMV pricing sucks too. Some stores just refuse to clearance games that have been on the shelves for years and years. I still see year 2000 sports games stickered at $49.99 and it actually price checks at that too! Good luck selling that "NBA Live 2001" (PS2) for $50 guys!

Wal-Mart

just because i've never found games at a reasonable price there, not to mention i hate the store as a whole.

I voted for EB games, as a former Assistant Manager , I witnessed the preplayed, new shrink wrapping crap that has gotten so out of control. I remember when people returning games for a different one (different store policy than today) so much as weeks b4 and employees shrinking them up again and putting them in the glass case behind the counter as new.

Dont get me started on the system warranty.."we will give you a new system as a replacement" :bomb:

Hands down it's Circuit City. Their idea of markdowns for the current "sale" is Platinum Hits, Greatest Hits, and Players Choice games for the special price of $19.99. It was a 30 mile trip and that was all they had. The store is less than a year old and it's already the worst store for buying games, period.

I voted Best Buy. Horrible policies, and the one near me has some of the worst junk in stock and rarely anything I want.

God how could it NOT be Best Buy? After waiting in line all night for a 360 (in -2 degree weather) they then make you wait in line INSIDE for another hours while you each get the "special tour" of upsells and product replacement plans. JFC.

Crappy-fucking customer service at Best Buy. It's impossible to find a sales associate to help you look for something. "Uh, there's one in the computer but I don't see it. Sorry, I won't help you look for it in the shelves."

Circuit City is probably the last place I would buy games. I associate that more with computers and household electronics, and not video game deals.

[quote name='TehTriggerman']Dont get me started on the system warranty.."we will give you a new system as a replacement" :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Please do!

I got suckered into one for my PSP. They said it was insurance and if I damged it in anyway they would replace same day no questions asked. Their example was if I dropped it they would give me a brand new one.

I read the fine print over and over and over after I bought it and even though it is somewhat confusing, I think I was scammed.

I definitely vote Best Buy, at their last clearance a couple of months ago, I go to the store only to find that they pulled all the clearance games and have them sitting on a cart in the back employee only part of the store.

"Why are they not out to buy?"
"We have to relabel their price tags."
"Well, seeing how price markdowns are computerized, it will just ring up at a lower price regardless of the tag, can I at least see what games you have?"
"No."

Bastards didn't even relabel the games later in the day when they finally brought them out. At least I got Otogi 2 and Paper Mario by sheer luck, they missed pulling them.

Personally, I think Wal Mart is the worst. I simply won't shop there out of principle. They are an awful, awful store for what can only be described as "rubbish people." They don't update their prices, the store is trashy, and they just suck in every conceivable way.

After that's EB and Gamestop for the whole "let's gut games" thing. And the fact that they charge retail price.

Then it's Best Buy... they're sometimes a pain in the ass to deal with, but they're the least terrible of the retail stores that I have to choose from.

Some of the employees at gamestop/ebgames get on my nerves sometimes. They got really ugly with my sister once in 2005, but I didnt vote for them because I still get deals there and like to browse their inventory. I like browsing at walmart just because in my local town they are all we have. However, their inventory is very unorganized and they are slow to get new titles. Furthermore they do not ever have any good deals. So my vote goes to Walmart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back