Worst DS games you own?

[quote name='Mr. Roper']I own 15 DS games and the worst games I own are new super Mario bros, yoshis island 2, metroid prime pinball, lost in blue, and without a doubt the biggest turd is metroid prime Hunters. New super mario bros and yoshi's island are not even close to being as good as the classics and they are not that much fun. Lost in Blue is to much about survival making it not fun. I don't like a lot of the mini games in MP pinball . And Prime Hunters is just terrible, a 2d metroid would have been 1000 times better. Lunar Nights was also dissappointing.
I wish I would have got mario basketball, star fox, rocket slime, phoniex wright 2 and 3, and chocobo tales over these lame games. Anyone want to trade?[/quote]mario basketball is about 10x worse than all the other games on your list.

Well, I have somewhere near 50 DS games so I'm sure I have some horrible ones. But of the ones I've actually played by far the worst is Lego Star Wars II. It has a decent 3D engine but completely broken gameplay, especially in the Episode VI section. I hear the new one is much better but I just don't need a DS version of LSW (thought the kids would like it but they barely touched LSW II so I gave it a shot). I wish I had sold it back when it might have gotten something...

I loved Contact and it is one of the few DS games I've completed. I'm sure I have worse games than LSW II even, though - have lots I got for $2 or $3 like Sprung and Ridge Racer.

wow.. cant believe some of the hate in this thread

NSMB was one of my favorite titles for a couple years back

Polarium (at least the collection of 99 puzzles had me hooked over christmas break a while back) cant say I enjoyed the regular games as much

The worst games Ive owned have been sprung and sudokumania (which I olny played for about 5 minuted before turning it off

The worst game I actually own is tough, because I don't keep ones I don't like. Probably Planet Puzzle League, because I don't play it that often, but I do love the game, just nobody I know with DSs wants to play multiplayer.

[quote name='ma']The worst DS game I have that I've played is probably Star Wars Episode III. And it's not horrible. Goldeneye Rogue Agent was even semi-fun, but I sold that when I beat it.

I also have the MechAssault game which might be bad, but I haven't opened it yet.

I like Polarium (I paid $9 @ CC clearance). The timed/attack mode is bogus, but the puzzles are nice.

I liked Metroid Prime Hunters a lot. The boss battles do get a bit repetitive, though. And I don't like the fact that you have no clue which planet to go to next (unless you were taking notes on door colors). But it has great graphics, a fun single-player game, and good multiplayer. I would say it's worth the $20 I paid.[/QUOTE]

Must be getting rare or something. Just dumped mine off, cart only, on ebay for about $32.

The worst game I currently own is Lunar Dragon Song, which is funny, because the only reason I got the DS was for that game. "WOW! THEY'RE MAKING A NEW LUNAR GAME, I'VE GOT TO GET THAT SYSTEM!!!!" It was the best mistake I've ever made--Lunar sucks (still haven't played through all the way, which is why I still have it), but the system obviously has lots of amazing games.

Stinkers I've owned:
Mario Hoops 3 on 3 (what a ridiculous control scheme)
Starfox DS (You die and it sends you all the way back to the start of the mission? That means you have to replay all of the fights again. Sorry, no thanks)

Scurge: Hive. The reviews I read made it seem like a sleeper hit, but the controls are ass and it's just not very interesting to me.

By far: Contact

That game is just horrible. The battle system is a complete joke.

Electroplankton is my other vote.

Tales of the Tempest

...I bought it for $10 expecting shit and I found more shit than in all of Blue Dragon. It was suffocatingly shitty as if I just walked into an old gas statation bathroom that hasn't been cleaned for years.

Lunar was horrid. Ping Pals.... what was I thinking? Zoo Keeper :( Metroid Prime Hunters... nausea!

Metroid Pinball though... how could you not like it? The music was good, it's challenging, it came with the rumble pack, and you can pick it up and play whenever. To each their own though :) My new fix is Geometry Wars,... I played it the most on my 360, even with a 50 game library so far, and now Contra 4, Bleach, and Final Fantasy are sitting back seat to it on the DS :)

I just want to rep for Contact a bit. I dig the game, though there are a few frustrating spots, and I haven't finished it yet.

Final Fantasy III DS. I don't know why so many people think this is such a great game. I found it to be mediocre and boring. I'm not a big fan of the 3D-esque graphics. The characters were bland. The story was typical RPG fare that has been done a million times before in much better games than this one. The job system is nothing special. Overall, it just does not hold up well compared to more modern RPGs. This is one Final Fantasy game that should have stayed in Japan, in my opinion.

I haven't played it yet but probably Card Fighter since I just missed out on the exchange deadline for a non-glitch copy. At least I only paid $8 for it, it was an impusle buy at Sears.

[quote name='humidore']Scurge: Hive. The reviews I read made it seem like a sleeper hit, but the controls are ass and it's just not very interesting to me.[/quote]

I actually didn't mind the controls, it was the level design that killed me on it. On the 2nd stage where you have to find a bunch of generators, I swear I ran over every inch of that map 10 times and didn't find any more. Since it's not very popular no one online bothered with a good FAQ or maps, so I'm kinda shaq-fued and gave up all interest. It's too bad, because I was enjoying myself before that.

I don't own any I think are bad at the moment.

But the worst "game" I bought and got rid of was easily Yoshi's Touch and Go.

I have Zoo Keeper or Zoo whatever it is puzzle game. Terrible.

Have played Prime Hunters and hated it, though I don't like any FPS anyway

Why are people ragging on Trace Memory? It was a great game... Granted, Hotel Dusk was better, but still... Trace Memory was good.

And Zoo Keeper? Who bought it expecting it to be a thrill a min game? Seriously... it's a simple little puzzle game... well worth the $1.50 I spent on it. :)

Bubble Bobble still wins the "worst game ever" award, even over PingPals.

[quote name='UncleBob']Bubble Bobble still wins the "worst game ever" award, even over PingPals.[/QUOTE]

i still vote Elf Bowling as the worst...

at least in Bubble Bobble and Ping Pals, you have stuff to do, buttons to press or touch commands to execute. Elf Bowling is just tapping. you don't swipe on the touch screen to throw, or use the stylus to aim... you tap once to toss the ball, anywhere on the screen. that's it... tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap.

and don't bother trying for a high score... it doesn't get saved.

[quote name='chosen1s']I have Zoo Keeper or Zoo whatever it is puzzle game. Terrible.

Have played Prime Hunters and hated it, though I don't like any FPS anyway[/QUOTE]

Obviously if you don't like FPS, a game you should play is Metroid Prime.

The worst DS game I own is Lunar: Dragon Song.

I liked NSMB and Clubhouse Games.

Clubhouse Games was not bad for $15 (pre-CAG).

[quote name='DocRamon']at least in Bubble Bobble [...] you have stuff to do, [/QUOTE]

Until you reach level 30 and the boss doesn't appear and you can't continue to the other 70% of the game... :)

Seriously though, did anyone buy Elf Bowling thinking they were going to get even a slightly decent game? I didn't expect to have a Game Breaking glitch in Bubble Bobble.

Spectrobes. The game is a complete joke. Sad to see people dont like Trace Memory or Contact as they are probably some of my favorite DS games.

I also nominate Polarium. It's not a bad game really, just not fun ... at all. I bought this at the same time as Meteos and I think it's safe to say that Meteos is approximately 10000000000x more fun. I think you'd all agree.

*Goomba switches into Game Seller Mode*

Anyone want to buy my copy of Polarium? It's a great game :) j/k.

[quote name='UncleBob']Until you reach level 30 and the boss doesn't appear and you can't continue to the other 70% of the game... :)

Seriously though, did anyone buy Elf Bowling thinking they were going to get even a slightly decent game? I didn't expect to have a Game Breaking glitch in Bubble Bobble.[/QUOTE]

granted, Bubble Bobble was broken when it shipped... but they DID do a recall and offer up fixed copies of the game. the newer copies of the game work just fine, and they even gave away a free copy of Rainbow Islands DS to people as an apology.

so that glitch was actually not so bad... for consumers.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Worse game for me would be....uhh....Contra 4 :D

On easy I only made it to level 2 while blowing two continues on the way :whistle2:k
I would trade you yoshi's island, new super mario bros, and metroid prime hunters for contra 4. It doesn't suck because you do.

[quote name='Mr. Roper']I would trade you yoshi's island, new super mario bros, and metroid prime hunters for contra 4. It doesn't suck because you do.[/quote] Hahaha, sheeet were you serious? I would do that trade but you would have to send first :)

Ever since I completed everything and every run (Hard under two hours with 10% completion) in Metroid:Zero Mission I have never felt bad at gettin' rocked by another 2D shooter/platformer ;)

[quote name='DocRamon']granted, Bubble Bobble was broken when it shipped... but they DID do a recall and offer up fixed copies of the game. the newer copies of the game work just fine, and they even gave away a free copy of Rainbow Islands DS to people as an apology.

so that glitch was actually not so bad... for consumers.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just found out about the recall when I posted about the game in the first place. I knew they were supposed to do a recall, but then I never heard anything more until I went looking for it. I have to mail my copy out tomorrow and I was told I would have to wait up to ten weeks for a replacement. And nothing was mentioned about the free copy of Rainbow Islands (hopefully I'll score that too).

Anywhoo, I still contend that Bubble Bobble is (currently) the worst game I own. If I get an unglitched copy, that could change, although that's doubtful as I own some pretty good games.

Seriously though, if you own and have played Elf Bowling, you shouldn't be allowed to comment on the quality of games. I mean, I understand if someone gave it to you or you found it discarded in the trash... then *maybe* I could see still owning it. But playing it? ;)

Yeah, that reminds me, Bubble Bobble is absolutely atrocious, game breaking glitch or not. Don't buy it, you'll catch some kind of disease.

Worst game I have right now is Math Play for DS. Picked it up to help work on math problems with my daughter. Figured it would have various levels for age appropriateness, but does not. May keep and try again in a year.

bread's done
Back