Worst Excuse for Non-Paying Bidder?

I was in the mindset I wasn't going to get paid after I recieved this message through eBay...

my brother told me to log in his ebay account to tellyou he will be home tonight, and he'll pay on the game, this isnta fake bid, hes serious buyer. Thx

He ended up paying, but it wasn't that night. I just thought that message was funny.

[quote name='Sinnbox']If it list a game that is woth $30 with $7 shipping it sells for $23, if i put $5 shipping it sells for $25.[/quote]
Not really true. If you drop shipping to $5, the game still only sells for $23 but you earn less profit. If you dropped shipping to $0, the game would still only get 23-24 dollars.

Non-paying bidder:

- Won in late November.
- Filed NPB one week later.
- He replied, "My paypal got hacked. I'm trying to straighten it out."
- Day 14 he tells me that it's not straight so he sent me a check.
- Day 20, still no check. I asked him where is it? He said he'd put 2 dollars cash in an envelope to cover my fees.
- Day 25. Nothing.

The jackoff was just leading me on with no intent to ever pay. I relisted and sold the item just days before Christmas for $10 less. Grrr.

I hate buyers who are asses.

I had an auction in October 2001 where the winner told me he couldn't pay "because of September 11th." He declined to offer any further explanation, and besides, he bid on and won this item in October-- however he was supposedly affected by the attack, it had already happened by the time of the auction. Obviously a fake excuse and I thought it was shameful that he would try to use such a terrible event to try and get out of paying somebody a few bucks.

bread's done
Back