worst game cart art.

mosey73

CAGiversary!
what is the worst cart art you have run across I was going thru some of my games recently and noticed some of the horrible artwork on some of the carts . What were they thinking with the megman art . its some gay guy in tights

[quote name='mosey73']what is the worst cart art you have run across I was going thru some of my games recently and noticed some of the horrible artwork on some of the carts . What were they thinking with the megman art . its some gay guy in tights[/quote]

you like it ;)

Definitely Mega Man.

I think it had something to do with the artist having only one day to make it, and only hearing about the game, and not actually seeing it in play.

I think goofy ones worth mentioning are the ones for Pro Wrestling for the Sega Master System where a headless guy has a head in a choke hold, and Phalanx for the SNES which has an old guy with a banjo on the cover. I don't know if these count or not since they're cover art, but they're pretty goofy.

Strider%20%5BEUR%5D.jpg

A recent one- I bought a copy of Demon Sword for NES after hearing about it on the Retronauts podcast recently.

The cover features some norse/medieval/gladiator brawly dude with a sword and such, but the game is basically a sequel to Legend of Kage, all ancient japanese mythology settings/inspired, with CTHD type flying leaps into the trees.

A fine example of americanizing in the NES era.

Every Sega Master System cart. Small plain looking cart labels with just the cart's name. Makes me glad the boxes were plastic, so it's easier to find SMS games that are boxed at least, though they're pretty generic too aside from the game art.

For a specific game, Tuff E Nuff for SNES.

11tengp6.jpg

[quote name='Dam That River']Every Sega Master System cart. Small plain looking cart labels with just the cart's name. Makes me glad the boxes were plastic, so it's easier to find SMS games that are boxed at least, though they're pretty generic too aside from the game art.

For a specific game, Tuff E Nuff for SNES.

11tengp6.jpg
[/quote]
What are you nuts!? That's an awesome cover! It's better than "Dead Dance" or whatever the Japanese name was. :lol:

[quote name='Heavy Hitter']Fabio on the label for that Wizards and Warriors game.[/quote]

Why does that game always seem to make it on Top 10 worst lists? I think it's an awesome cover.

You want bad, here it is.

250px-CaptainNovolinSNES_boxart.jpg

[quote name='Heavy Hitter']Fabio on the label for that Wizards and Warriors game.[/QUOTE]

Hey!

Fabio is dreamy.

[quote name='Kuros']Hey!

Fabio is dreamy.[/quote]

I remember buying Ironsword when it was new and thinking: 'This is the same guy thats on the cover of all my moms books!' lol

super noah's ark 3d for the sneswas pretty bad .I guess noah is supposed to be on the cover, looks more like a garden gnome

Is that pro wrestler Vampiro?

[quote name='lwelyk']

Best game ever made. But that Box art ain't attracting random buyers.[/quote]

i never understood why people dont think the NES games looked bad like, 10 yard fight, urban champion etc..... They look/are pixelated pieces of crap. Atleast ones with drawings try to make the game look nicer than it was....... One other game from the NES was Raid on Bungeling Bay. I have no idea what is actually supposed to be on the cover

bread's done
Back