Worst Online Game Retailer 2008

Tru for often not having said game in stock. taking forever to ship.

also tru for the 25 off paypal deal they messed up. they actually ended up giving me 25 dollars in codes but they changed prices of games and shipping to eat up most of that. so annoying.

i would nominate thenerds.net as well. they sold me 288 batteries but only sent me 48. after 5-6 hours of calls and emails they finally said i could pay 10 dollars to ship them back and would not ship me the rest of the batteries as it was a clerical error on there part.

I will nominate the Xbox Live Marketplace (They're online, they sell things) for their incredible lack of horrible sales and horrible pricing schemes, including new "Premium Themes" that actually conform to the new Dashboard while the other ones are made worthless.

Gamestop. They almost had it at the beginning of the year, then they realized they make money no matter what.

EBGames/Gamestop.com - Where are the deals?
Family Video - for shipping games by Pack Mule and thier awful customer support.

[quote name='KingBroly']I will nominate the Xbox Live Marketplace (They're online, they sell things) for their incredible lack of horrible sales and horrible pricing schemes, including new "Premium Themes" that actually conform to the new Dashboard while the other ones are made worthless.[/quote]

lack of horrible sales? so you hated them for not having horrible sales?

Just kidding, I actually agree with you. Alot of the prices need to drop more often and instead of 1200 pts, they should revert back to 800 pts avg for new games. And some just need to drop! PlayStation Network has a sale every season that is really good, factor in gamesharing and it cannot be beat!

Toys R Us

[quote name='kaw']Definitely newegg.com for me. They stood up to New York state's ludicrous tax law and no longer charge New York state residents sales tax on orders. Newegg prices are usually a couple dollars cheaper than Amazon, they often have good sales, and had a decent Black Friday. Also, they have free shipping on their games, and I get it in a couple days compared to Amazon's free shipping which can take a week or more.[/QUOTE]

Is above in the wrong thread? And I think Amazon now will be forced to charge tax, so its not really ludicrous, we were all just lucky it didnt happen sooner.

[quote name='Trakan']EB/Gamestop

Nobody likes the possibility of disc only games in shitty condition. Stop taking in shitty condition games and guarantee case/manual.[/quote]

This for the reason listed.

GS is still my last-resort for shopping for this very reason.

[quote name='kaw']Definitely newegg.com for me. They stood up to New York state's ludicrous tax law and no longer charge New York state residents sales tax on orders. Newegg prices are usually a couple dollars cheaper than Amazon, they often have good sales, and had a decent Black Friday. Also, they have free shipping on ALL their games, and I get it in a couple days compared to Amazon's free shipping on orders over 25 dollars which can take a week or more to get delivered.[/quote]

I think you meant to put this in the "best" category, not "worst". :cool:

[quote name='Walt Jay']I think you meant to put this in the "best" category, not "worst". :cool:[/quote]

Indeed I did.

Gamestop.com, for telling me at just be for release that the game I pre-ordered 6 months in advance was backordered.

[quote name='Trakan']EB/Gamestop

Nobody likes the possibility of disc only games in shitty condition. Stop taking in shitty condition games and guarantee case/manual.[/quote]

Gamestop - surprisingly also my best B&M but when ordering online you can't verify the used games are complete and in good condition and their new games rarely go on sale.

Online retailer would be Gamestop/EB. It's just not cool to sell used games without the case and manual.. Especially if used games only saves you $5..

Buy.com. Earlier last year I ordered a game. The package arrived and it was EMPTY. Yup, just an empty box. Buy.com told me to file a claim with UPS even though the package had not been tampered with. Also, it was next to impossible to find a phone number to call. I had to contact the Consumerist in order to get their contact information.

bread's done
Back