Worst SNES Game?

WrestleCrap'sRD

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Two of my buddies have been talking about how much better games were in the old days, specifically on their SNES and Sega Genesis. They long ago got rid of the systems, so I am getting them both the old systems and all their favorite games. It's cool because the games are so cheap now (they want popular stuff like NBA Jam TE and MK 2).

Here's the twist, though - I'm going to give them the systems first with just one game - the WORST game on each system. Of course, I will give them the good games later. I already have Shaq-Fu picked out for the Genesis, but what for the SNES? I don't want to give them both Shaq-Fu, so I need something really atrocious for the SNES...

RD

Haven't played it, but I heard Bebe's Kids was utter trash (and I think was Nintendo Power's Worst Game Ever).

Damn, lemme add to that. I bought Vortex a few months ago for a couple dollars, and it just shows what a load the Super FX chip was, as the game is shit in its purest form.

Oh, and I found that list of NP's 10 worst games (through September 1997). Bebe's Kids was #1, followed by Shaq-Fu at #3, Pit Fighter (#5), Michael Jordan: Chaos in the Windy City (#7), and Beethoven was #8. How Bill Laimbeer's Combat Basketball didn't make that list is beyond me, though.

[quote name='punqsux']home improvment...lock the thread...[/quote]

that's funny, it's amazing how some people on remember the good SNES games and not the 100+ crappy platformers.

[quote name='KingDox'][quote name='punqsux']home improvment...lock the thread...[/quote]

that's funny, it's amazing how some people on remember the good SNES games and not the 100+ crappy platformers.[/quote]

yeah theres a name for people like that...what was it again?
:newbie:

[quote name='Mafia']Damn, lemme add to that. I bought Vortex a few months ago for a couple dollars, and it just shows what a load the Super FX chip was, as the game is shit in its purest form.

Oh, and I found that list of NP's 10 worst games (through September 1997). Bebe's Kids was #1, followed by Shaq-Fu at #3, Pit Fighter (#5), Michael Jordan: Chaos in the Windy City (#7), and Beethoven was #8. How Bill Laimbeer's Combat Basketball didn't make that list is beyond me, though.[/quote]

I liked Pit Fighter and Bill Laimbeer's Combat B-Ball

[quote name='jimbodan']

I liked Pit Fighter and Bill Laimbeer's Combat B-Ball[/quote]

In a way, I liked Bill Laimbeer as well, but only because it was the last game I was ever able to get my dad to play, outside of old classics. But even when I first got it the gameplay was trash. Setting the game up to only use one button was a terrible idea that even my dad couldn't stand.

[quote name='KingDox'][quote name='punqsux']home improvment...lock the thread...[/quote]

that's funny, it's amazing how some people on remember the good SNES games and not the 100+ crappy platformers.[/quote]

Bingo. When my pal was talking about how great the SNES was, he said, "There were like no bad games on that system!" And I just burst into laughter, spending the next ten minutes naming every crappy side scrolling platformer I could think of.

RD

Space Ace - I played this for 20 minutes and couldn't get past the first part where the guy has to dodge shots being fired at him. I couldn't dodge more than 3 shots. After that 20 minutes, I instantly took it back to Gamestop (this was back when they still sold SNES stuff) and exchanged it for another game (I forget which at the moment).

Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story - I got this free from a friend and had I paid any amount of money for it, I would have felt ripped off. It's a fighting game where you can only play as Bruce Lee and the game follows the plot of the movie the game is based on pretty loosely.

Alien Vs. Predator - Crappy Final Fight rip-off where you play a Predator fighting aliens. It's easy to get all your enemies off one side of the screen and kick their asses. Only the bosses present anything close to a real challenge. It gets boring really fast.

Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: Eye Of The Beholder - A point and click game that's very slow and boring.

Rex Ronan: Experimental Surgeon - Made by the same company that brought you Captain Novolin. Just as crappy, if not worse.

i heard the lord of the rings game for snes was the worst, and had some of the worst bugs of all time

like if 1 of ur chars died....there was no way to bring them back and when a part of the story involved them..it wudnt go thru..and u cudnt advance

[quote name='Skylander7']how about Batman Forever? An SNES game... with LOAD SCREENS.

Seriously though... this thread could go on forever.[/quote]

Load screens? :lol:

Pathetic ... maybe I should download that or something since I wouldn't even waste the money on it.

[quote name='opportunity777']Chuck Rock ... horrible game for any system.

True Lies ... Home Alone ..... there were a lot :p[/quote]

I actually like True Lies, I still own it for Genesis.

Have we not gone over this before? I thought we decided it was Secret of Evermore? That game is hideous! Thank goodness I finally got rid of it.

Chris

True Lies one of the worst ever?! That came was awesome!

I think after playing it at a friend's house again this summer, that Stunt Car FX is just horrendous. I guess the concept is cool, but the frame rate on that game is absurdly bad.

Pit-Fighter was one of the worst games i ever played. The controls were horrible, the sound consistted of horrible music and dumbass grunts, and it wasn't fun at all.

[quote name='b3b0p']Have we not gone over this before? I thought we decided it was Secret of Evermore? That game is hideous! Thank goodness I finally got rid of it.

Chris[/quote]

You're crazy! Secret of Evermore was awesome.

[quote name='WinnieThePujols']True Lies one of the worst ever?! That came was awesome!

I think after playing it at a friend's house again this summer, that Stunt Car FX is just horrendous. I guess the concept is cool, but the frame rate on that game is absurdly bad.[/quote]

I thought True Lies was crap and all the other movie games with it :p

[quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='b3b0p']Have we not gone over this before? I thought we decided it was Secret of Evermore? That game is hideous! Thank goodness I finally got rid of it.

Chris[/quote]

You're crazy! Secret of Evermore was awesome.[/quote]

I liked Secret of Evermore, but it was kind of weird throwing bones at people or whatever. I haven't played that game in forever. Maybe I should start it again :)

[quote name='opportunity777'][quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='b3b0p']Have we not gone over this before? I thought we decided it was Secret of Evermore? That game is hideous! Thank goodness I finally got rid of it.

Chris[/quote]

You're crazy! Secret of Evermore was awesome.[/quote]

I liked Secret of Evermore, but it was kind of weird throwing bones at people or whatever. I haven't played that game in forever. Maybe I should start it again :)[/quote]

I just picked it up again on the cheap from ebgames.com, played it for a little bit and it was still awesome! If you want a cheap copy keep checking ebgames.com around 4am when they update, it comes in fairly frequently.

[quote name='Skylander7']how about Batman Forever? An SNES game... with LOAD SCREENS.

while not a bad game street fighter alpha 2 for the snes has loading time wierd for cart. games

[quote name='kelpie182'][quote name='Skylander7']how about Batman Forever? An SNES game... with LOAD SCREENS.

while not a bad game street fighter alpha 2 for the snes has loading time wierd for cart. games[/quote]

I think it's acceptable for SFA2 since it was probably too much to handle for the SNES, but a crappy Batman game is pushing it :)

mario rpg, secret of mana, megaman x,x2,x3 & Kirby Superstar

j/k but home alone was one of the worst
and two that let me down the most (i had high expectations)
were Jurrasic Park and TMNT Tounament Fighters
I thought both should have been better

no one mentioned Shaq-FU!

[quote name='Mafia']Damn, lemme add to that. I bought Vortex a few months ago for a couple dollars, and it just shows what a load the Super FX chip was, as the game is shit in its purest form.

Oh, and I found that list of NP's 10 worst games (through September 1997). Bebe's Kids was #1, followed by Shaq-Fu at #3, Pit Fighter (#5), Michael Jordan: Chaos in the Windy City (#7), and Beethoven was #8. How Bill Laimbeer's Combat Basketball didn't make that list is beyond me, though.[/quote]

yep shaq fu

[quote name='cyberlian']
no one mentioned Shaq-FU![/quote]

OP did. OP already has Shaq-fu.

I too had to read the post 5 times to understand that there was an actual reference to shaq-fu. I kept trying to make the worrd fuck fit into the sentence.

bread's done
Back