Worth picking up a PSP again?

DOMINATOR912

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Some time ago, I realized I was hardly touching my PSP, so I went ahead and sold it. I recently started looking at info on Birth by Sleep, and this game alone is making me want to get a PSP again. My question is, have there been any really good titles that have come out recently that would be worth picking up? I'd like to get a PSP, but I don't want to get it just for BBS. The last game I remember playing when I first owned a PSP was Chains of Olympus. Thanks :D

Another question, has the dead pixel issue been taken care of on the newer models? I remember it was a luck of the draw to get a screen with 0 dead pixels with the original PSP.

I think it is; the way I see it, there's plenty of PS1 classics, tons of older games, and some new games coming out that make the system worth while. I just picked up a GT bundle from K-Mart yesterday for $129 and don't regret it the least bit (since my original 1000's screen broke about 6 months ago). Was playing SotN last night and loved the fact that I could take that classic with me wherever I go (something well worth the price of admission).

The PSP is still the best purchase I have ever made. I love the original PSP so much, I went ahead and purchased the 2000 when it came out, and the GO a few months back as well. For me, I don't think there has been a day where my PSP hasn't seen some form of usage over the past 4 years. There are so many good games on the system, I don't have enough time in my life to play through all of them (especially when I have to throw in PS3, Wii, DS, and PC games). With recent titles like LittleBigPlanet, Motorstorm, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, Lunar, the new God of War coming out, etc, there should be plenty of games for you to come back to, and probably dozens of games you would enjoy playing if you took the time to look further into the PSP library.

I think the real question is: If you sold the PSP to begin with, are you even going to use it after purchasing it again? Chances are you have other systems to play, and you are busy with other things in life, etc..so maybe you do not even have the time to throw in an extra system. You have to look at yourself and what you have time for more than looking at the system, because the PSP isn't lacking in the game department. If you have the time and a real interest, I would say definitely pick it up. Otherwise, pass on something you will probably just resell again down the road.

There's just too many great games for the PSP to sell it. I could of never done that unless I was upgrading to a better model.

Defiantly worth it... As long as it's not the PSPGo... The other ones you can get pretty cheap... Or you can always get a new (special edition) that comes with a game...

You gotta ask yourself why did you sell your first PSP - was it because of hardware or software?

Make no mistake, the PSP is a great system with plenty of great games to choose from, no need to wait for Birth by Sleep.

If you sold it once, then no, don't get it again. You seem to only like AAA titles, it's not going to get many more of those.

It has a great library, but not if you like the flavor of the month games (get a 360 for that).

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Some time ago, I realized I was hardly touching my PSP, so I went ahead and sold it. I recently started looking at info on Birth by Sleep, and this game alone is making me want to get a PSP again. My question is, have there been any really good titles that have come out recently that would be worth picking up? I'd like to get a PSP, but I don't want to get it just for BBS. The last game I remember playing when I first owned a PSP was Chains of Olympus. Thanks :D

Another question, has the dead pixel issue been taken care of on the newer models? I remember it was a luck of the draw to get a screen with 0 dead pixels with the original PSP.[/QUOTE]

Hey I did exactally the same thing you did. I got bored with my PSP then sold it. But last month for my birthday I got the MGS PSP pack and I will never look back. I didnt know why I sold it in the first place. I cant put the thing down right now. I will seriosuly get one again because more AAA titles are coming out soon. And as for the dead pixel thing, I believe it is hit or miss. On my first PSP-2000 i had about 3-5 stuck pixels on green. But now on my PSP-3000, I have none. So go for it!!!!!

The PSP was never worth getting rid of in the first place. It is a very solid system overall, with some quality games in many different types of genres.

Upcoming games of interest:
Kingdom Hearts: BBS
Valkyria Chronicles 2
Phantasy Star Portable 2
GoW: Ghost of Sparta
God Eater Burst
The 3rd Birthday
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together

The system is picking up steam again. I admit I didn't touch my PSP much since the start of '08 when God of War:CoO and FF7:Crisis Core came out, but now the system is on a tear. MGS: Peace Walker and Persona 3 Portable had me busy all summer.

Now Valkyria Chronicles 2 and Kingdom Hearts:Birth by Sleep are about to come out, God of War:Ghost of Sparta to round out the year (not a big fan of the Patapon series but I know Patapon 3 is another one people are looking forward to).

I think the PSP is having an excellent year.

bread's done
Back