Worth swapping a used 80gb PS3 for a new Wii?

MrFriday18

CAGiversary!
I have 2 PS3's in my house, but only really have use for 1. I wanted to know if it is worth trading in my used 80gb PS3 to GS for $200 then swapping it to get the new black Wii?

I would say no, Having had both... unless you like mostly shovelware the wii does not really have a ton of games to offer, you could probably make more selling it off a site like ebay then buying another used wii for a bit less (i mean for my white one i never got offered more than 100 usd and thats including shipping with 2 controllers and a classic controller)

Does the 80gb phat play ps2 games? If not, then yea go ahead and trade that ish in for the $200 and get your wii.

[quote name='GME92']Does the 80gb phat play ps2 games? If not, then yea go ahead and trade that ish in for the $200 and get your wii.[/QUOTE]

Yea it does, but I do not use it to play ps2 games.

[quote name='DcupsOfJustice']Sell the 80gb on ebay, you'll get more then $200 for it since it's reverse compatible.[/QUOTE]

after Ebay/Paypal fees it would probably be around $185-200. The second ps3 just collects dust.

[quote name='DcupsOfJustice']Sell the 80gb on ebay, you'll get more then $200 for it since it's reverse compatible.[/QUOTE]Or craigslist will net you more. Besides, you can't trade in a system for credit and then swap it for another system when you've already traded it in. ;)

Dude, I have a 360, PS2, and Wii and I'm enjoying playing some "new" old games on my PS2! 9timesplitters hell yeah!)

Please don't buy a Wii, it's fun for maybe a couple months, but then....so sorry, I was busy shoveling third party Wii titles into the furnace. ANYWAYS, even I would buy that PS3 from you, seriously can't wait to get one.

Bottomline, you're going eventually spend $200 at gamestop, so get the $200 credit.

Not worth it. Two PS3s =two blu ray players. Plus, even though both stream Netflix, PS3 is in HD. Wii is a novelty. I rarely play my Wii.

The only way you will be getting more than $200 on ebay is if you kept your PS3 well maintained and in a smoke free house, kept the original box, and never had a YLOD.

I had the above setup when I sold my BC 60gig PS3 on ebay and it sold for $315 with $20 dollar shipping, $335 total. Taking out the fees and actual shipping cost, I made a total of ~$285, which is way higher than a GameStop trade in.

You could try craigslist and not pay all the extra fees and deal with people local but you would need to start high like $300 or Best Offer kind of thing.

bread's done
Back