Worth the flip?

chronoserge456

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Recently I acquired an Atari Lynx, Turbografx, and Jaguar for 30 dollars. Is it worth flipping for 100 dollars for the bundle or should I sell individually on eBay? I know they're worth about 70ish each, but I can't seem to find anyone that would buy it for that price.

[quote name='chronoserge456']Recently I acquired an Atari Lynx, Turbografx, and Jaguar for 30 dollars. Is it worth flipping for 100 dollars for the bundle or should I sell individually on eBay? I know they're worth about 70ish each, but I can't seem to find anyone that would buy it for that price.[/QUOTE]

Well, that would tell you that the systems are not in fact worth 70 dollars each. These types of things are all supply and demand. They are worth what someone is willing to pay at the time.

If you have the luxury of waiting and wish to wait to see if you can go ahead and get 70 dollars for each then you can.

What I would ask is if the disparity really need be that large. Does the possibility of selling them for 50 a piece exist? As long as you can make more than 35 a piece selling them individually then you are better off doing that.

What to take into account more is the actual money left. If you sell them for 70 a piece on ebay my experience would be that after fees and shipping and so forth you'd be seeing around 75% of that money in pocket. So roughly 150.

If you can get 100 cash for them now with no fees involved then you might want to go that route.

I'd try to see if you could get 50 bucks for each or bundled for 150 with minimal effort.

First rule of sales-If no one will buy your product for $X, it's not worth $X.
I'd say you would have better luck splitting them. What are the odds of finding 2-3 people worth dropping $200 on a bundle of the 3? I'd say pretty slim, knocking down the possiblity of a bidding war.

List them seperate, and you will have to ship to 3 different people, but you will have a wider audience.

I have no clue what those systems are worth, but myl0r makes a great point. Even if they are worth $70 each, you're going to have a very hard time finding anyone who actually wants all three of them. Bundling and putting together lots is great when you have a bunch of cheap stuff you want to dump and that probably won't move on its own or will move for a few bucks. You're hoping someone will see a lot of games or whatever and decide to overpay for it, thinking it's a great deal. Anyone in the market for those systems, though, probably knows what the going rate is, and again, they probably only a particular system.

bread's done
Back