WOTT You Are About To See Is NOTT A News Broadcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Maklershed']Isnt an intranet a system for a closed/private network. For example, where I work we have a system that access payments and scanned images through a web browser but it cant be accessed by regular internet users.[/QUOTE]

Ya, an intranet is usually a private network at a business.

[quote name='Maklershed']Isnt an intranet a web based system for a closed/private network? For example, where I work we have a system that access payments and scanned images through a web browser but it cant be accessed by regular internet users.[/QUOTE]
Yes, but I'm wondering if intranets is an appropriate plural term.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Yes, but I'm wondering if intranets is an appropriate term.[/QUOTE]

Why not? It's a plural term. Is it unlike networks?

I'm amazed we have a president that refers to the internet in plural form.

EDIT: I think inranets is ok. Again, using where I work as an example, we have multiple intranet systems for the various Bureaus in the building. Whereas it would sound silly referring to the internet in plural because there is only one internet (sorta).

[quote name='Moxio']Why not? It's a plural term. Is it unlike networks?[/QUOTE]
Just never heard it before, so it stood out as odd.

This marketing class is pretty cool though. It's being taught by the Dean of Undergrads (only class he teaches, and only to the honors students :lol:), and we actually get to market the Honda Civic on campus as a class. The book is just for filler knowledge/to increase revenues for the business school (it's a custom book).

[quote name='Dead of Knight']As necessary as S'more Schnapps.
314_battlefootage.gif
[/QUOTE] Well that just sounds delicious. But caffeine? I think they're going to have a lot of alcohol poisoning on their hands. :lol:

Hmm ... one of my friends just started working at Chrysler Financial, and he called me to tell me that they're hiring CSRs. He really wants me to call tomorrow and get a job working there with him. The only thing is ... it's a fucking call center. I don't even like picking up the phone to order pizza. I do that shit online if at all possible.

I guess I could call and just bomb the interview, if it comes to that. :whistle2:k :lol:

[quote name='dallow']If you have a triple, it means you have class.

Was wrong about you subs. Tsk tsk.[/QUOTE] Nothing about the trip exudes class. :roll:

What's the plural of "oasis"? Oasises? Oasisses? Either way, that's a fun word. :whistle2:k

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Nothing about the trip exudes class. :roll:

What's the plural of "oasis"? Oasises? Oasisses? Either way, that's a fun word. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]
oases.

[quote name='Rocko']Anyone else for a free month of Netflix? 3 left that I'm going to throw into the free stuff forum in an hour.[/quote]

Sure. :lol:

I had teh most AWESOME TF2 experience!

I still say it's way overpsicred. But after tonight I'll probably buy it because...

I go over to a friends house who pre-bought The Orange box for TF2. And I went all Wombat on him saying he's a tool for shelling out $45 bucks for a game that is at most worth $30 for TF2 and expansion. But I went over to at least try it out and see the differences.

So I've played for about two hours now. I just finished a game of two fort with two captures on each side as a demo. The Overtime round starts and about a few miutes in I realize it's 2-to-1 with or side havign superiority because we turtled up. Well, after about a minute when there are no more attacks, we decide to go all out offense. But we're not really setup. we're motly snipers, engs, two medics, and me as a demo.

So as we go in, we realize that Red, our opponent, has no one in their base. So we're like, wtf. And as we head down to the basement, their entire team is trurtled up in the basement. Three SG's, four engs, and sniper.

So the medics charge me up, make me invulnerable, and we rush it. And I'm just spamming thew shit out of the place... and because I'm invulnerable I can't hurt myelf. And the screen just rolls on the right,

Admiral Ackbar Kills A
Admiral Ackbar Kills B
Admiral Ackbar Kills C
Admiral Ackbar Kills D
Admiral Ackbar Kills E
Admiral Ackbar Kills F
And so on...

It was a massacre. My medic teammate goes over the headset, "Holy Shit!" And one of red say's, "That was fucking gay." And we win with like, 20 seconds left.

It was just awesome.

So the fun factor is outweighing the cost factor.

Some things I like.

New Demo is great all around class. They messed with the physics in TFC and I didn't like the changes. But the new demo is a great mixx of alla round offensive, defensive spot player.

Pyros still suck. Basically, any class can kill a pyro one on one.

They upped the power of shotguns. The scout can do a suprising amount of damage with his gun. I haven't played enough. Right nwo I think it's slightly overpowerd but I dunno.

I had a spy knife me while invis and not go vis. Dunno if that's a glitch or it's supposed to be like that. If it's supposed to be like that, then it's too powerful. Also, they need a faster way to kill sentries. Because an eng can basically nullify their attack.

I'm still getting used to some of the maps.

but it was a lot of fun.

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']Sure. :lol:[/quote]

You need a payment method and need to be a new member. Shoot me a PM if you're still interested.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Oases? Meh.

Also:
m_2fa1aed91fa9070e67914fa540d04d86.jpg
[/QUOTE]Your sister's new tat?
The other one was about 12 million times cooler/better.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Oh yeah, about Torchwood

There's a whole lot of Buttsecks, and i'm not joking.
[/quote]
???

Which Torchwood are you watching? You're eight episodes in when only two have aired and you're seeing teh buttsecks? :lol:

[quote name='Strell']WHAT IS MAN, BUT A MISERABLE PILE OF SECRETS?[/QUOTE] :applause:
[quote name='Liquid 2']Your sister's new tat?
The other one was about 12 million times cooler/better.[/QUOTE] Eh. Notice that they are both from movies. :lol:

Also this one is only half done.

[quote name='Maklershed']???

Which Torchwood are you watching? You're eight episodes in when only two have aired and you're seeing teh buttsecks? :lol:

[/quote]

Episode number uh....8? Maybe 9? I dunno. Anyway, wanna know who it's between?

...Turbo Lister is a pain in my ass. (Have fun strell/others) It keeps locking up on me... I need to give this laptop an overhaul...like buying a new one.

fucking elipsis...

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']:applause:
Eh. Notice that they are both from movies. :lol:

Also this one is only half done.[/QUOTE]What movie?

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Episode number uh....8? Maybe 9? I dunno. Anyway, wanna know who it's between?[/quote]

I'm afraid you're gonna tell me it involves that creepy looking little dude that looks like Plus from Pinwheel.

[quote name='Maklershed']I'm afraid you're gonna tell me it involves that creepy looking little dude that looks like Plus from Pinwheel.[/quote]

Ummm...no? Not sure who you're talking about, but no.

Signed up for marten's thing. I guess my computer is just very underpowered, as it'll take me about a half hour for one 'frame', and 100-some days for one 'WU'.

I wonder how long it takes to show up on the CAG page at the Stanford site. :whistle2:k

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Ummm...no? Not sure who you're talking about, but no.[/quote]

I was talking about Owen:

tw2.jpg

Well, if he's not involved, I'm gonna guess its Captain Jack and Gwen?

[quote name='Rocko']Wonder if it'd be advisable to leave the comp on to fold.[/QUOTE]Do you shut it off whenever you're done with it or something?

Mine's been continuously on for almost 2 weeks.

[quote name='Maklershed']I was talking about Owen:

tw2.jpg

Well, if he's not involved, I'm gonna guess its Captain Jack and Gwen?[/quote]

Hate to break it to you, but you're half right. Remember that time I got banned? Remember what I posted? Yeah, that. Jack and Mr. Suit.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Man, you love running contests that I cant win.[/QUOTE]
You must love not reading. There's a PC folding program. =p

[quote name='Liquid 2']Do you shut it off whenever you're done with it or something?

Mine's been continuously on for almost 2 weeks.[/quote]
Nightly, usually, unless I'm downloading something.

I'm not sure if this folding thing is using my internet or not. :lol:

I'm wodering if it's so slow because the bandwidth is being limited. But I doubt it, as it seems it's noly using the comp's resources to do the folding shit. I dunno. I'm computer illiterate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back