Would anyone recommend car x for brakes and oil change?

Cue the "you should do it yourself" crowd, or the "I would never change MY cars oil at some quick lube place like that" scene. I see no problem in it.

Dude, change the oil yourself! It's so god damn easy. Brakes are equally as easy if you got at least a 1.2 GPA in HS.

Why do people insist on going cheap with a machine worth a few thousand dollars.

[quote name='Magehart']Dude, change the oil yourself! It's so god damn easy. Brakes are equally as easy if you got at least a 1.2 GPA in HS.

Why do people insist on going cheap with a machine worth a few thousand dollars.[/QUOTE]

Your second comment somewhat contradicts your first. Assuming you aren't a certified, trained technician you're "going cheap" by doing the work yourself. I used to do all my own work (including rebuilding automatic transmissions, replacing cylinder heads/engines, etc).. now that I can afford to have someone do it for me.. I'm quite happy to let them.

For the OP.. as "car x" doesn't seem to be a national or well-known brand, I'd suggest checking your local BBB. Also, although people will probably tell you to ask for ASE certifications, ignore them... while the shop may have 4 Master +L2 technicians.. the greaseboy will still be doing your oil change.

bread's done
Back