Would it not be cool if the VC came to the DSi?

aknowlesjr

CAGiversary!
With the SD slot i don't see why Nintendo can't bring most of the virtual console to the DSi. I want to want a DSi, but i don't see enough of an improvement and in some cases (battery life) a step down. I haven't heard any rumblings about this, but thought i'd throw it out there.

What I really want to see is portability between the Wii Store and the DSi Store. I'd like to be able to play (most) of the stuff I bought on the Wii's Virtual Console on the run with my DSi.

What I would like if Nintendo made the DSi have a VC comprised of portable games (i.e. GB, GBC, GBA.....and other portable systems). But having some of the Wii's VC games ported/transfered over would be good as well, because it's kind of a pain to boot up the Wii just to play a couple of Sonic levels while it would be perfect for an on the go with the DSi

[quote name='blackjaw']Why would it not be cool, I think its what we gamers have been asking for since the Wii came out.[/quote]
Because it's Nintendo so they may do something like charge you $20 for a GB game, make it so you can't play games directly of the sd card but have to upload to the DSi's internal memory, or finally manage to incorporate friendcodes into single player games.

This is the only reason I would want a DSi. I'm not interested in the camera, I already have a portable browser, and the other bells & whistles just aren't unique to the DSi. A few more milimeters of screen, after all, is not worth the extra expense.

There is no reason even Nintendo would create an SD slot, announce a game download service, and then make you download (or transmit from Wii) every single time you wanted to play. And let's hope they don't double-dip... (e.g. if you wanted SMB3 for both Wii and DSi). They'd be justified, certainly, from a business perspective, but wouldn't that be a bonus if some Wii VC titles could be swapped to either machine from a single SD card?

That's why I'm waiting for the DSi. I figure in a year or so, the download service will be in full swing, and there will be plenty of reasons for me to give up GBA compatibility. GBA games will be available from the download service, sure, but why should I buy them again just to play them?

This would be great, I cancelled my DSi preorder when I found out that the DSi didn't support that- as thats what I thought they meant by DSWare (in addition to unique games).

The Wii is still missing many must-have first-party games after 2 years. How long will it take the DSi to get a reasonably sized collection of the must-haves?

I can't really think of too many good GB games, though I didn't have one til late. Metroid II, Mario Land 2... anything else?

Donkey Kong
Kirby Dream Land
Link's Awakening
Balloon Kid
Final Fantasy Adventure

Just a few off the top of my head.

Final Fantasy legend I & III are both great. Seconding Balloon Kid that game was great. All three mario land games are also great. oh my god, almost forgot Boomer's Adventure in Asmik world that game was addicting, hard as all fucking hell, and awesome. If I remember correctly the two tiny toons games were also great. The Bugs bunny games were pretty cool too. Castlevania Legends was also good. The first Contra game was great too. All of the disney ports of the NES games (like Darkwing duck, Duck Tales games, and the little mermaid (yes, the little mermaid it was actually a good game)) were also great. The Gremlins two game was also good (thoguh I think it was just a port of the NES game). The game and watch games were cool. Kid Icarus of Myths and Monsters was awesome if not ridiculously hard (the only true Kid Icarus sequel so far). Kirby Pinball, and Kirby Block ball were both great games. (the block ball was kinda like Alleyway.) Kirby Star Stacker was also great. There's also the gameboy Picross game. There's also the 5 Mega Man games, (which I really hope they bring to VC on the DSI) If I remember correctly there was also a good Mickey mouse game on the GB, but I could be wrong. Oh the contra game was Operation C. I believe all three Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles games on the GB were also good. That's all I can think of for now, and yes I did just go through Gamefaqs.com alphabetically and look at titles, and pick the ones that I remember being good/great.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TripleH13']This would be great, I cancelled my DSi preorder when I found out that the DSi didn't support that- as thats what I thought they meant by DSWare (in addition to unique games).[/QUOTE]

Hi numbnuts, GBA/GBC VC is already confirmed for Japan.

bread's done
Back