Would selling stuff like Swap Magic on eBay get you banned?

Oktoberfest

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
just wondering. I've been meaning to get rid of stuff like Swap Magic and a Flip Top Cover. I see some auctions on ebay for it but I don't want to risk getting my account suspended or something. (btw, if you're interested, PM me!)

I don't know if you would get banned, though the auction could be pulled. eBay isn't very consistent, so it's hard to tell.

[quote name='PsyClerk']I don't know if you would get banned, though the auction could be pulled. eBay isn't very consistent, so it's hard to tell.[/quote]

Most likely if someone reported it to Ebay they would pull it. They seem to pull anything questionable if they get notified of it. You won't get banned though, they just end the auction. One thing I suggest is to just do a Buy it Now. That way the first person who likes it can buy it, less time for any righteous do-gooders to blow the whistle on you.

I think iceman is correct. What could get you suspended is if you up and list it a 2nd time after eBay has already ended one on you.

[quote name='icemanjmw13'][quote name='PsyClerk']I don't know if you would get banned, though the auction could be pulled. eBay isn't very consistent, so it's hard to tell.[/quote]

Most likely if someone reported it to Ebay they would pull it. They seem to pull anything questionable if they get notified of it. You won't get banned though, they just end the auction. One thing I suggest is to just do a Buy it Now. That way the first person who likes it can buy it, less time for any righteous do-gooders to blow the whistle on you.[/quote]

Good advice; I had several auctions pulled around christmastime. I was selling import games, but the auctions were pulled merely because I mentioned the word 'mod' as a necessary prerequisite to play these titles. You can list it, but be *very* careful how you word it.

Maybe list it as a device for "customizing" you PS2? I dunno.

myke.

I dont think it will get canceled, just don't make it seem as illegal as it is, watch what you write in your description.

[quote name='icemanjmw13']They seem to pull anything questionable if they get notified of it.[/quote]

That's not true. I've reported auctions and have watched auctions that I knew others had reported, and they only get pulled maybe 20% of the time. Ebay drags its feet unless it's something really bad (like selling a kidney).

On esimple way to see is to search for recently completed auctions of the same items. If none exist it's probably a bad sign.

[quote name='PsyClerk'][quote name='icemanjmw13']They seem to pull anything questionable if they get notified of it.[/quote]

That's not true. I've reported auctions and have watched auctions that I knew others had reported, and they only get pulled maybe 20% of the time. Ebay drags its feet unless it's something really bad (like selling a kidney).[/quote]

I can't argue with your 20%, it does seem like Ebay only pulls some auctions. However I think it has a lot more to do with randomness and mood swings at Ebay than it does with how bad the item is. I once bought some burned DVDs (Thundercats actually) then decided I didn't really want them after all. I tried to sell them once Ebay pulled it, relisted it right away and it lasted the whole week.

[quote name='epobirs']On esimple way to see is to search for recently completed auctions of the same items. If none exist it's probably a bad sign.[/quote]

that's true, i just searched just now, and the only auctions still left standing are for the PAL versions, almost none are for the NTSC

[quote name='epobirs']On esimple way to see is to search for recently completed auctions of the same items. If none exist it's probably a bad sign.[/quote]

agreed. as long as your dont say "SwAp MagIc IllegaL!!!! fuck ebay" you may be able to slip by. you wont get banned tho, just a canceled auction

they would give you a warning the first time, and would most likely suspend you or ban you if you do it repeatedly. i tried selling the guy game and just got my auctions pulled. hehe

I tried putting up my Swap Magic discs and a flip top, worded it perfectly(read: said nothing about what it does) and my auction got pulled after a couple days. (and if anyone is interested, the stuff is still available.)

[quote name='shakezula'][quote name='epobirs']On esimple way to see is to search for recently completed auctions of the same items. If none exist it's probably a bad sign.[/quote]

agreed. as long as your dont say "SwAp MagIc IllegaL!!!! shaq-fu ebay" you may be able to slip by. you wont get banned tho, just a canceled auction[/quote]

ok shakezula has one of the best avatars and sigs plus jersey shore rules

[quote name='Quackzilla']Ebay panders to the piracy markey, it makes them a lot of money.[/QUOTE]

yes, but other pirates have no problem reporting your auction and getting it banned.

I remember I sold a Sakura Taisen Dreamcast Console, and all I did was mention that it will require modifications or a boot disc if you wanted to play US games on it.

Well, of course it got removed, but a few weeks later I relisted the item and I made sure not to say anything even closely related to that. Of course, I still got screwed over because the person who won it never paid. *sigh*

Got to love ebay.

i have an idea you sell a kingdom hearts for how much the swap magic is for i like it for 15.00 - 20.00 on buy it now and i
buy it and you sand me the swap magic instead witch version is it and my ebay name is blood2257

Well, not quite the same thing, but ebay pulled my pandora battery listing. Didn't risk a relist. Don't know where I can sell it.

[quote name='kira22572']i have an idea you sell a kingdom hearts for how much the swap magic is for i like it for 15.00 - 20.00 on buy it now and i
buy it and you sand me the swap magic instead witch version is it and my ebay name is blood2257[/QUOTE]

You're a little late pal. About 5 years late.

bread's done
Back