Would there be a problem with using a laptop while riding in a car?

mrchainsaw

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
I'm going on vacation next week and I'm bringing my laptop so people can check e-mails and do online courses. I was wondering if it would be harmful to my laptop if I used it while I was riding in the car.

no. i probably wouldn't leave it in the car in the hot sun for an extended period of time, but using a portable computer in a car won't be a problem.

I, and many others, get carsick when focusing on a single object inside the car for an extended period of time. If you get carsick while reading a book in a car then you'll probably get carsick using a laptop.

naah. I get quite carsick reading a book, but electronics is perfectly fine for me. Actually electronics makes me LESS carsick then if I just look out the window...so ya go for it :D. No harm will be done...just dont leave it in the car without air conditioning when its 90 Fahrenheit outside for more than 5 hours XD

Bah, argyle beat me to it.

I used to travel by truck/van all the time doing testing for chemical plants and refineries. I would frequently use my laptop when my coworker was driving. It was good time to write reports or watch DVDs on the laptop. Never had any problems in over 5 years of doing it.

bread's done
Back