Would you accept this trade offer?

luischav3z

CAGiversary!
I have Tony Hawk Ride bundle and someone is offering to trade for the following:

• Nintendo DS Lite Cobalt/Black:ds:
  • Assasins Creed :360:
  • Skate 2:360:
  • $10

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='luischav3z']It was a middle school kid with his mom. He gave me the disc of halo 3 too[/QUOTE]

Damn, dude!!! I maybe wouldn't have traded with a kid, but nice deal!!!!!!!

Where dd you find this kid and does he have equally stupid friends? Seriously fantastic trade.

I'd still feel pretty bad. If he was good with it, though, why not???? I mean, it's not like I would refuse to trade Halo 3 for a copy of Reach if someone offered.

As long as you both are happy, who cares!? Don't listen to the naysayers, you made that kids day, whether his mom knows he got ripped off or not.

[quote name='Cmosfm']As long as you both are happy, who cares!? Don't listen to the naysayers, you made that kids day, whether his mom knows he got ripped off or not.[/QUOTE]

I'm not naysaying. Sorry if I came off like that, because I didn't mean to. I guess there's not a non-douchey way of saying it, so I'll just come right out and say it: I'm probably not as morally ambiguous as a lot of people on this board, and this would have made me feel very uncomfortable, whether the kid was cool with it or not. I'm just saying that I wouldn't have done it, even though there's technically no reason not to. It just would have made me feel bad about myself. I'm not trying to be the morality police or anything, I'm just telling you what I would have done because you asked.

[quote name='blaked569']how old are you? if you're old enough to know better (I'd say high school and up), then you're a piece of shit.[/QUOTE]

Hey
Well i should had explained. The deal was done by his mother. She was trading it for his Son because he really wanted the tony hawk ride bundle. She told me he wanted to trade in the DS to gamestop but they were giving them like 25 bucks and for the games even less so they wouldn't get as much to buy the game. So they choose to do the trade with me.

Retail you could end up paying $50-$80 for the stupid ride game, and that's probably all the mom has to work with. So it's really not that bad of a deal from her perspective, especially if she is valuing your items as trade in value to gamestop.

When I was in middle school I knew all about the value of my games. So the other kid should know what he's doing. I wouldn't feel too bad about it.

not really sure if they got ripped or not

ds system could be ripped off from someone else or it could be ready to go out ..

or they could even got the system dirt cheap off someone else ... hell you can get ds systems for less then 30 bucks on ebay now (if you buy package deals and break it up)

i got 2 ds systems on ebay with games and broke it up (saying i paid 5 bucks per game) it would push the systems to 24 and 29 on each system

kids might be a little slow and dont know better either if that is the case and you took it all shame on you.. should of just taken the ds system

probally 20 years ago i knew this kid was in special ed classes (saw him in the halls) well few years later i ran an ad saying i had nintendo stuff i wanted to dump... he came over and saw that i had the light gun and started freaking out and ask how much i want for it.

he goes i give you 50 bucks for it ... i knew the gun was only worth like 10 i go

okay i take 50 for it but i give you this and 5 games or so with it and he sort of looks at me and goes i dont have any more money to buy the games and i told him that you could go out and buy the gun brand new for like 20 bucks and i wouldnt feel right taking 50 bucks for a gun.. his mother thanked me and said anyone else would of #$#$# him over

and yea if they only went to gamestop it true their trade in prices sucked and though this was a very easy quick way to get what both people wanted

Well another well meaning mother and her son was ripped off by random strangers today.

Nintendo DS Lite ,Assasins Creed, Skate 2, Halo 3, and $10 for Tony Hawk Ride Bundle.

Assuming all used DS= $60, AC= $5, Skate 2= $7, Halo 3= $8, Tony Hawk=$20

So you gained $70 worth of stuff that day wow.

I probably would have traded for just the DS hehehe.

Later on they are probably both unhappy because the Tony Hawk game is so bad.

Ride game is down to $30 at sams club and the like ,do the trade and then if you really want buy another tony hawk ride kit at sams club

Would I accept the trade offer as the person giving all those items away? No way, I know the value of all those items and wouldn't trade them away for a crappy game that is not anywhere near the same value as my stuff.

Would I accept the trade offer as the person getting all those items? Honestly, I really don't think I would. Even if they were planning on getting rid of all of those to pay for Tony Hawk, I'd feel guilty about taking it all for something I know is not worth as much as they may think. I'd probably tell them how cheap it really is and where to look for it for as cheap as possible (I probably even throw that in the info about how piss poor the game was received). If they still wanted to trade the stuff to me after I gave them all that info, then yeah I would do it.

bread's done
Back