Would you buy a 60gb ps3 for $530?

mrx1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Well, would you?System is brand new,and factory sealed.This was at my local mom and pop store.I told pop to hold it for me.:lol:I need youre opinions CAGers!

This simple.

How much do you want a PS3 that runs PS1 and PS2 games perfectly?

That one you're eyeing is prolly one with those chips in it, so that the console does not have to rely on software emulation to run the older games.

If you wait, you'll prolly save money from an eventual price drop. Plus theres just not that many good games for the PS3 right now.

If you do wait, you'll prolly end up with a PS3 without the PS1 and PS2 chips in them, lowering it's ability of perfect emulation.

At least, that's how I'd look at it.

I think there will be a drop before Christmas, too, but even if there is, there's no guarantee the drop would take the price lower than this. It's as good a deal as you're likely to find on a new sealed PS3 for quite a while, I'd guess. Having said that, I wouldn't buy it myself. That's still a lot more than I'm personally willing to pay for a console.

I'd buy it in a heartbeat IF you already own a good-sized (40"+) 1080p HDTV and are a movie fan. The blu-ray and upscaling features are outstanding, and unlike my previously-owned 360's, the PS3 has given me NO trouble whatsoever even when playing games like FFXII for extended periods of time. Wireless gaming out of the box is nice too.

[quote name='Aleryn']This simple.

How much do you want a PS3 that runs PS1 and PS2 games perfectly?

That one you're eyeing is prolly one with those chips in it, so that the console does not have to rely on software emulation to run the older games.

If you wait, you'll prolly save money from an eventual price drop. Plus theres just not that many good games for the PS3 right now.

If you do wait, you'll prolly end up with a PS3 without the PS1 and PS2 chips in them, lowering it's ability of perfect emulation.

At least, that's how I'd look at it.[/quote]

Do you have anymore details on these emulation chips? I fail to see how a dedicated piece of hardware would be worse that software.

Why does it depend on what we think?

If you want a PS3, or were planning on buying one soon, get it.

If you don't want one now, wait.

If you are asking if that is a good price, then yes it is good compared to New at other stores. You are saving $70. Is it a good deal? Hell no, in my opinion. You are still having to spend over half a grand on a video game system.

bread's done
Back