Would you buy an HDTV from..

Rahxephon91

CAGiversary!
the flea market.

Yeah normally I wouldn't even think about this but the dealer has a nice Samsung and Toshiba HDTV that are in the $700 mark. They are in the 40' range and look pretty good to me.

Its at the Swamp A Roma in Alsp IL.

Well I think this is the tv in question

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-HL-S42.../dp/B000F2N7D0

So yeah its an option and its in our price range.

The other tv we've been thinking about is a Vizo 42 LCD which goes for about $850-$900

[quote name='Rahxephon91']the flea market.

Yeah normally I wouldn't even think about this but the dealer has a nice Samsung and Toshiba HDTV that are in the $700 mark. They are in the 40' range and look pretty good to me.

Its at the Swamp A Roma in Alsp IL.

Well I think this is the tv in question

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-HL-S42.../dp/B000F2N7D0

So yeah its an option and its in our price range.

The other tv we've been thinking about is a Vizo 42 LCD which goes for about $850-$900[/quote]
ask if they are both still under manufacturer's warranty - if not see if he'll go lower on the price and cite the examples we've said to try and persuade him

Honestly, although I haven't been there in years and things may have changed, I wouldn't buy anything over $50 at Swap-O-Rama.
That price is too good, so there has to be a catch. Stolen, refurb, not working properly.

[quote name='MrDubbs']The biggest problem that I see is, if you have a problem, you've no store to return it to[/quote]

Exactly. You pay for the space/day at that place. Next week that guy may not be there and gone for good.

As said, I don't like that place. I had a table set up a few weeks in a row, years ago. My dad's CD store closed down and we were trying to get rid of some leftover stock. I think more stuff got stolen than sold.

Thats a pretty old model as well. Not worth $700 if you ask me. Save that and put it towards a newer model flat panel. Bulb replacements makes me avoid DLPs.

bread's done
Back