Would you recommend putting 360 games in a cd wallet/holder...

I wouldn't put 360 games in one, but PS3 games would be alright since blurays are almost impossible to scratch.

I understand why you would want to put them in a wallet, but people throwing away the case and manual drives me nuts.

I never throw away the cases... just put them aside so they don't get worn out from opening and closing. All of my games go into slim CD jewel cases I buy from MicroCenter for 19 cents each (or cheaper in bulk).

Some 360 games seem to scratch just by looking at them wrong, so if you don't have the room to display them in their cases then a CD holder is the next best thing. Better than a spindle or thrown around the room...

I will say this though, I've seen very different quality materials for CD cases over time. Some never scratch, some instantly scratch. It just depends on the materials used in each particular case.

Well seeing as though most 360 cases have holes in the very space that should be protecting the disk, I would think too much of putting a disc in a CD wallet. I've never done it with 360 discs, but I have with Wii discs. Didnt have any game freezing scratches even after a 12 hr road trip (24 hrs round trip). Might have left light scratches. I wouldnt know as I dont inspect my discs unless something is wrong.

If you care about the condition of your discs, then no. The only time I use a wallet is when I'm on a trip, but that's all I ever use them for anymore after seeing many of my CDs get scratched up in a wallet years ago.

With being OCD about discs including movies id say no because they are not ps3/bluray like discs and are a lot more easy to scratch. So i say get a small media holder from target!

I wish I could as well but these I just standard DVD's and scratch so easily so I won't do it.

You know, it's funny how you're using an Amazon Affiliates link, to make money off anybody who uses your link to buy it, sneaky sneaky

[quote name='MrPiggles']You know, it's funny how you're using an Amazon Affiliates link, to make money off anybody who uses your link to buy it, sneaky sneaky[/QUOTE]

You do KNOW that's Cheapy's affiliate link and that anytime you put a link that he has a referral too, it automatically parses the link to make him money...if you didn't know before you do now.

If you weren't a newbie I'd admonish you for it, but the OP did nothing wrong, so let's chalk this up to a learning exp. for you, before you leap to conclusions next time, yes?

i just leave mine beside my tv and spill soda on em =p

i usually install my games too, i think playing off the DvDdrive the biggest wear on both the console and game

I've always stored my games in a case. Not something like that, its a single disc per page type deal and I've never scratched my games. I keep the case and what not so that I can sell it eventually.

reviews on amazon.com about case logic cd wallets pretty much state no scratches ever and go on to find fault in features and looks of newer models

I've been debating about doing this with my loose PS2 games I got from Gamestop's 50% off PS2 games yesterday. I also considered a CD wallet for my Xbox 360 games, might use an extra soft case cd wallet for my PS2 games.

I have tough time getting my Xbox 360 discs out of those eco friendly cases Microsoft now uses these days.

I have a cd wallet that has a hard plastic outer shell, might end up storing all my eco friendly cased Xbox 360 games in it. The wallet doesn't have sleeves for the discs more like traditional CD cases where you pop the disc in and to retrieve the disc you have to push down on the middle.

I moved to CD wallets some time ago. I've got separate ones for 360, PS3, and Wii. I don't worry about scratches at all, I've never had a problem, nor do I think there is a significant chance of scratching.

I've used a CD wallet for a while now and never had any problems with the discs being scratched. For me it's just a personal preference because I'm always back and forth from school,friends, and home so it's just easier for me to carry them all in a case.

I have to admit I am one of those bad people that trash the case and manual, unless one of my friends need an extra case. The way I see it the manuals now a days are a joke and the cases just become clutter.

bread's done
Back