Would you recommend using paypal

Jay

CAG Ultra Noob
Would any of you guy/girls recommend using the paypal for online transactions,the dvd store only uses paypal for purchases?I was doing some research and came upon the site paypalsucks.com and it has me kinda hesitant on signing up for the service.

Personally, I've been using it for 3 years, and had no problems at all. I think paypalsucks is like a small percentage of the paypal community that has problems. I personally have had friends who got their accounts frozen for BS reasons but just follow the rules, and if you use it to buy stuff then I think it's fine and very very convenient. Just make sure to transfer money from paypal account to bank account asap when you get money in there (if you are selling stuff).

with a big system like paypal you are bound to get some screw ups every now and then, hence paypalsucks.com

I myself as well have had a paypall account for a few years and even have a paypal debit card to use my funds. Which I need to re-new next month.

[quote name='VipFREAK']I've been using ever since I started at eBay. If I have a problem I can just walk up to their door. lol[/quote]

Is this to imply that you're from Omaha?

just sold 2 games, and now have $50 more in my paypal debit card now.

Makes life so much easier, no 3-4 days waiting to transfer to bank account and all that crap.

works fine in general and it is almost impossible to do without it in modern online transactions. just buying a few things and giving them like one credit card information is pretty risk free. It's only with lots of selling and big buyer-seller disputes it can be a problem.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Omaha? No...[/quote]
Oh. They're headquartered there. Unless that's Half.com. I think it's PayPal though.

Edit: Yep, it's definitely PayPal.

I do hundreds of transactions a week with Paypal and honestly, I rarely have a problem, and the only time I EVER have a problem is when a buyer doesn't get an item I ship to them. If you can't prove you shipped it with tracking, Paypal will refund their money.

Other than that, Paypal is great. Don't listen to Paypalsucks.com, it's a bunch of people with small problems that they blow out of proportion and exaggerate to make into some big elaborate story.

i ran into a problem guys seems like paypal charged me 1.00 on my card and i decision i didn't want that card on the account so i took it off,will they reverse that buck?

I use it for buying stuff on ebay, but the only money that goes into it is occasional payments from this stock market website I used to use. I won't put a CC or bank abbount attached, but for ebay it has been great and all reports are that if need be they will always side with the buyer (assuming the argument is legit, and sometimes even if not)

[quote name='Mugen']Can someone please answer my last question?[/quote]

Heavens, what will you ever do if you don't get that ONE DOLLAR back?

[quote name='Mugen']i ran into a problem guys seems like paypal charged me 1.00 on my card and i decision i didn't want that card on the account so i took it off,will they reverse that buck?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be worth my time to hassle with calling a company to try and get a buck reversed, I'm sorry to hear your time is worth so little to you.

bread's done
Back