WoW 60 day game cards $15 @ Wal-mart YMMV

Brother Daz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I know WM prices are a big YMMV, just giving a heads-up.

I picked up 2 60 day cards for $30, B1G1 works for me :bouncy:
BTW this was in Colorado Springs

DSC02840.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe its because they're trying to get rid of the big ass cases? Or is that how all the 60 days cards come? I'm still working with the 30 day I got with the game, so I dont know how these cards are normally packaged.

[quote name='oldboy26']this is definitely a one store thing, no reason for them to dump them all especially with Cataclysm coming.[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily. Toys R Us and Target have both done chainwide clearances of "old" Xbox Live cards that were still valid, so this wouldn't be the first time something like this has happened.

Does it make sense? Not really. If the cards are being reissued in new packaging or with a new SKU, though, that may be all the justification the retailer needs.

[quote name='Wildcat1080']Tempted to check my Wal-Mart after work. But then again...it's Wal-Mart. I don't know if it's worth the experience of going in there.[/QUOTE]

You're crazy! The experience is the best part. It's like a free trip to Wild Country Safari. Except its all elephants and monkeys.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']they always come in big cases, I have no idea why, guess it makes them harder to steal[/QUOTE]

It actually makes them a lot easier to steal.

The reason the boxed cards are being clearanced, is because they're going to cards like whats used for MS points and PSN cards, ones that aren't worth anything until they're activated at the register. With the boxed cards, anyone can rip the box open and have a 60 day card easily. If you steal the card they're changing to, you'll just have a nice little card worth nothing.

Resisting my urge to get back into WoW is getting more and more challenging with stuff like this.

I guess that's the point. Damn you, Blizzard. Damn you to Hell.

[quote name='Thorgouge']You're crazy! The experience is the best part. It's like a free trip to Wild Country Safari. Except its all elephants and monkeys.[/QUOTE]

lmao well played my friend

[quote name='AlphaPanda']Resisting my urge to get back into WoW is getting more and more challenging with stuff like this.

I guess that's the point. Damn you, Blizzard. Damn you to Hell.[/QUOTE]

just wait until cataclysm so you don't get burned out again beforehand.

I did a scroll of resurrection last month and man WOTLK is so boring and empty theres absolutely nothing remotely fun to do except for battlegrounds that came out 5 years ago and weren't fun then either. Wait until Cata, the expansions are fun for a month or 2 before becoming worthlessly bad.

On topic, my Walmart doesn't sell them in boxes and the prices were 30 dollars per 60 day card. I did at least get a few more Red Dead Redemption cards on my way out; they still have a ton of them.

Has anyone else found them yet? I'm tempted to go out and look at my local Wal-Mart. And what Red Dead Redemption cards are you talking about?

The deck of playing cards you got as a promotional thing for when the game released. Some Walmarts still have left overs. Do a search for it here and you'll find the thread.

I've been in MMO withdrawal since I quit last year. I loved WoW a lot but it changed sooo much, it's basically the Modern Warfare of MMOs now.

snap I did'nt know they're changing to a sort of activated card scheme. That's good, cuz yeah the old ones you could easily steal. I've seen random boxes at Best Buy ripped open before lol

People is still playing World of Warcraft? :p It has been almost a year that I quit and I'm not missing it at all, not sure why some get so addicted :/

This is probably a plot to get back some subbers. Either that or Walmart has too many leftovers and want to get rid of them.

[quote name='Azuvidexus']People is still playing World of Warcraft? :p It has been almost a year that I quit and I'm not missing it at all, not sure why some get so addicted :/

This is probably a plot to get back some subbers. Either that or Walmart has too many leftovers and want to get rid of them.[/QUOTE]

I play with multiple friends (Not including the ones I made ingame) so it's nice to have an easy way to communicate with them while actually doing something fun.

Which is of course compared to the opposite, Facebook chat while playing Farmville.

[quote name='Cheeseknight28']Which is of course compared to the opposite, Facebook chat while playing Farmville.[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha :lol:

bread's done
Back