WOW: Burning Crusade Collector's Edition Thread (Available at CompUSA)

I have a feeling all the hardcore are going to get a copy of them and the market for these won't be nearly as good, maybe only 10-20 profit due to all the people buying them up to sell (high supply) and low demand (the high demand people will know about preorders/when it comes out and get them).

[quote name='PigeonSt']Everyone thinks this is a sure fire moneymaker?[/QUOTE]

Turn to the stock market if you're looking for an investment.

People are saying they're buying multiple versions and you're getting on me for seeing if it's a good investment?

Scalping games seems kinda cheesy to me, but hey, $70 for an expansion pack to a game you have to spend money on every month seems cheesy too.

Played WoW to level 60 and I regret it. Ended up spending $120 or so in total on it, from buying the game and game time. Not as bad as some people I know who bought the game, played for months, then bought another account with an uber character, and left both accounts running.

Neither of those codes work, i get this message.

This coupon will not provide a discount based on the current contents of your shopping cart. Here is the description of the coupon:

Free Value Shipping on your next order. Excludes consoles & console bundles. Only one offer per order.

You may continue checking out without a discount; to receive a discount, read the coupon description above and make the appropriate adjustment(s) to your shopping cart.

[quote name='CaptainBlue']Neither of those codes work, i get this message.

This coupon will not provide a discount based on the current contents of your shopping cart. Here is the description of the coupon:

Free Value Shipping on your next order. Excludes consoles & console bundles. Only one offer per order.

You may continue checking out without a discount; to receive a discount, read the coupon description above and make the appropriate adjustment(s) to your shopping cart.
[/QUOTE]

Got the same message =(

The Gamestop free shipping worked for me by using the cheapest shipping, but the $5 fee still applies.

Thanks for the heads up I placed an order just to make sure I get one, Going to try to get one localy if I can too. Hopefully they make more of them then the regular CE (which I have and wasn't hard to get but the game is alot more popular now).

[quote name='CaptainBlue']Neither of those codes work...[/quote]You must use the links provided in the OP.

Can we buy these online or instore when they're released? My cousin is a WOW addict. I probably shouldn't even buy it for him....

Your best bet would be to get to a Bestbuy or even Target when they open in the morning if you want to buy it in store. I'm pretty sure all the Gamestop, EB Games copies will be reserves. I got my original CE copy by being in front of the doors when BB opened but the game is alot bigger then it was then.

I'm still thinking about putting in a second pre-order here, just in case my Amazon order doesn't show up.

When WoW came out, I was lucky to find some copies of the Collector's Edition B&M. I don't want to try my luck this time.

Thread title should be changed. I can confirm that the GameStop I work at is no longer taking reserves on the collector's edition - the SKU has been removed from the system.

[quote name='DustBoogie']Thread title should be changed. I can confirm that the GameStop I work at is no longer taking reserves on the collector's edition - the SKU has been removed from the system.[/QUOTE]

Aren't B&M and online two different entities though? So they could still have it in-stock online while it had sold out in stores.

[quote name='drock']Aren't B&M and online two different entities though? So they could still have it in-stock online while it had sold out in stores.[/QUOTE]

Did I misread the title or did someone change it? I don't remember the online part being there before..

Holy crap. There was a Collectors Edition that went for $399. Holy shit holy shit holy shit.

I'm glad I ordered 3. Law of supply and demand, baby. Screw price capping.

=(

anywhere else preordering? i missed out and i just want it for the neopet, and i dont even play WoW.

tho like someone mentioned i could just try my luck at bestbuy, but i have to work and cant get there when the store opens, maybe on the lunch hour tho. that is really annoying.

yeah the prebuys on ebay are hitting $400, and the really weird part is that people are paying about that much for the burning crusade betas. That is just nuts imo. but heck i never even played a mmorpg

Some CAGs might not like this but: should I go ahead and sell a pre-order, or should I wait a couple weeks after release when all the CEs are gone and sell the tangible copy?

sell the tangible copy. I dont understand selling a prebuy, you dont have it in your hands, what if the place you buy it from cant fill your order, or you bought it off amazon and it arrives smashed up and you have to return it, or some other nonsense happens. Then you are hosed, and you will get some (deserved) negative feedback for not being able to fill your buyer's preorder.

Only sell something you have in your hands, that way you actually have it. Why sell something you dont have in possession? that is asking for trouble.

And yeah i am hoping it comes back in stock at either amazon or gamestop or whatever. Not that i even own a computer or the first Wow game, heh, i will get to that eventually

[quote name='dracula']=(

anywhere else preordering? i missed out and i just want it for the neopet, and i dont even play WoW.

tho like someone mentioned i could just try my luck at bestbuy, but i have to work and cant get there when the store opens, maybe on the lunch hour tho. that is really annoying.

yeah the prebuys on ebay are hitting $400, and the really weird part is that people are paying about that much for the burning crusade betas. That is just nuts imo. but heck i never even played a mmorpg[/QUOTE]

It's an in-game pet, so unless you play WoW, it won't do you much good.

EDIT: I wonder if the game will give me both pets when I create new characters with this, since I also have the original CE, or just replace the pet. I hope not.

When is the official launch date for the WoW: BC collectors edition?

I figure it might be worth it to hit up best and see if i can grab some copies at launch.

[quote name='Troblin']When is the official launch date for the WoW: BC collectors edition?

I figure it might be worth it to hit up best and see if i can grab some copies at launch.[/QUOTE]
Blizzard hasnt announced an official launch date. There is no public beta testing, and beta has been going on for at least 2-3 months now, so hopefully before Xmas!

[quote name='sasukekun']Blizzard hasnt announced an official launch date. There is no public beta testing, and beta has been going on for at least 2-3 months now, so hopefully before Xmas![/quote]

Actually alpha was going on for about two months before beta began and beta just began later night on Friday the 13th of October. I know this as I was invited into the first wave of beta participants.

And yeah, it's closed beta that isn't open to the public, along with it not being released until Janurary of 2007 now according to Blizzard like the previous poster mentioned. It's in a stickied thread in their official forums under General and they have sent out an e-mail stating it as such earlier today.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']It's an in-game pet, so unless you play WoW, it won't do you much good.

EDIT: I wonder if the game will give me both pets when I create new characters with this, since I also have the original CE, or just replace the pet. I hope not.[/QUOTE]

i dont understand about the in game pet? of course i have never played a mmorpg, at least not yet. It sounded like sort of a chia pet or something? you mean its not even something i can put on my desk next to my re4 chainsaw controller, and the cloth map and card pack from baldurs gate collectors edition? that is really a shame.

its a virtual pet like in nintendogs, or like a familiar from baldurs gate? not an actual piece of plastic with wings etc?

It's just a little thing that follows your character around in the game. I has no purpose, except to look neat and tell other people that you got the collector's edition.

[quote name='icruise']It's just a little thing that follows your character around in the game. I has no purpose, except to look neat and tell other people that you got the collector's edition.[/quote]
yup and if its the pet from blizzcon it's worth hundreds of dollars lol

bread's done
Back