WoW Burning Crusade Midnight Lauch @ Frys w/Blizzard Developer signings

grimlock49

CAGiversary!
Just found this @ frys.com

Link

Looks like a midnight launch again with developers signature. Apparently they did this during the WoW launch. 3 locations for the launch!
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Store #12
1077 E. Avques Ave.
Sunnyvale CA 94085
Store #7
10800 Kalama River Rd
Fountain Valley CA 92708
Store #10
3370 E. La Palma Ave.
Anaheim CA 92806
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]

Looks like I'll be going to Sunnyvale that night myself!!
[/FONT]

They did do this for the launch of WoW. However, I believe they only held it at one location, at the Fountain Valley store, since Blizzard is located closeby in Irvine. Supposedly they were constantly driving trucks over from a warehouse to Fry's as the night went on.

It was crazy! There were easily at least 3000 people there. The line went from the front door, around the building TWICE, snaked around the huge parking lot, went out the entrance of the parking lot, and down the street.

I was one of the unlucky ones, last 75 or so, that got denied a copy (both Collector's Edition and regular sold out). I believe it was around 3AM or so when they sold out. The Blizzard people there were very cool though, even staying around to sign posters and oversize boxes for us even though we didn't get to buy the game.

I managed to snag a CE later that day at Best Buy though.

For those of you interested in attending, I suggest GO EARLY and dress warm (unless the weather remains strangely hot like yesterday).

[quote name='bmOptimus']They did do this for the launch of WoW. However, I believe they only held it at one location, at the Fountain Valley store, since Blizzard is located closeby in Irvine. Supposedly they were constantly driving trucks over from a warehouse to Fry's as the night went on.

It was crazy! There were easily at least 3000 people there. The line went from the front door, around the building TWICE, snaked around the huge parking lot, went out the entrance of the parking lot, and down the street.

I was one of the unlucky ones, last 75 or so, that got denied a copy (both Collector's Edition and regular sold out). I believe it was around 3AM or so when they sold out. The Blizzard people there were very cool though, even staying around to sign posters and oversize boxes for us even though we didn't get to buy the game.

For those of you interested in attending, I suggest GO EARLY and dress warm (unless the weather remains strangely hot like yesterday).[/QUOTE]
Do you know what time you got there? What is a good time do you think? and finally... did they have a lot of CEs for sale?

This time, now that people know how much these CEs are actually worth, it'll be a feeding frenzy there. I wouldn't step foot within a one-mile radius of those signings.

[quote name='mbstuff']This time, now that people know how much these CEs are actually worth, it'll be a feeding frenzy there. I wouldn't step foot within a one-mile radius of those signings.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention there's rumors of these midnight release events having murloc pet codes to give away...

They did the same thing for the Warcraft 3 Expansion at the Sunnyvale Frys. I imagine the same madness...

[quote name='Mysteriouskk']Do you know what time you got there? What is a good time do you think? and finally... did they have a lot of CEs for sale?[/QUOTE]

I actually got there really late, between 9-10 PM, because I had other things to do. I heard that the people at the front of the line had been there since like 6AM that morning.

That particular Fry's definitely had more CEs than any other store. I would say it was about 1.5 hours after they began selling before they announced the CEs were sold out - roughly 95% of all the purchases during that time were for the CE. Plus, they were letting people buy multiple copies!! (doubt that will happen this time).

Looks like Blizzard released quantities of how many copies Fry's will have...

4500 copies @ each location!! But it doesn't say how many CE per location.

Link

Just got back from Fry's in Sunnyvale and found a flyer posted up. I took a picture, but it's not too clear. The flier states a minimum of 2000 units of Collector's Edition at each location that has a midnight opening.

index.php

[quote name='AshesofWake']anybody going to the Fountain Valley one, want to come pick me up, ill camp out with you >_

Don't you guys remember how the Japanese would line up overnight for videogame releases, and for years you thought they were crazy? Now we do the same thing, and instead of thinking it's crazy, we ask how long we have to stay in line.

[quote name='Mysteriouskk']I was thinking about going to that one, but it seems that its gonna be crazy. I really only wanted to wait like 3 hours.[/QUOTE]

I heard the last time the FV had a Blizzard signing, the line wrapped around the building twice.

Sweet I will be going to the Sunnyvale store also. I called them and they said they will have 2200 collector editions.

[quote name='halomaster']Sweet I will be going to the Sunnyvale store also. I called them and they said they will have 2200 collector editions.[/quote]

Anybody seen people in line yet?

How bad do you guys think it's gonna be at the Sunnyvale store? What would be the best time to insure a CE copy? I am anxious to get my copy, but I'd be going alone. >.< How cold is it going to be tonight, anyways? XD

*Roxy*

Man, the City Walk store is going to be a madhouse. I imagine they all will be, actually. Seeing that many CE copies in one place is somewhat reassuring, though. I saw tons of copies of the original CE when it first came out during the holidays at places like BB, so I have some hope I can pick one up in store without too much trouble...

[quote name='bmOptimus']They did do this for the launch of WoW. However, I believe they only held it at one location, at the Fountain Valley store, since Blizzard is located closeby in Irvine. Supposedly they were constantly driving trucks over from a warehouse to Fry's as the night went on.

For those of you interested in attending, I suggest GO EARLY and dress warm (unless the weather remains strangely hot like yesterday).[/QUOTE]

Haha, I was at that one too. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get a CE one and only a regular copy. I'm pretty sure I won't be going this time around just because I'm so broke. I would be out there right now if I had the money though.

[quote name='grimlock49']I heard from a friend that there are about 100 people already @ Sunnyvale[/QUOTE]
Anyone hear about the situation from Fountain Valley?

[quote name='2poor']Fountain Valley one is 10 minutes from me. I might check today if there's a line.[/QUOTE]
If you do go, do you mind pming me? I need someone to wait with.

[quote name='Mysteriouskk']If you do go, do you mind pming me? I need someone to wait with.[/quote]

Yeah sure. No problem.

Well Fry's told me there was about 20 people in line. I have no idea if it's true unless I go down there, which I don't feel like doing at the moment. They said that you can only buy 1 copy of each per person and only 1 copy signed total. So there is hope for me to get a CE after all. *YAY* /cheer

*Roxy*

This is going to be insane.

My girlfriend's sister's fiance is a producer on this game (he'll be at Fountain Valley signing tonight), and told me the actual count last time was 6,000 people at Fry's. They ran out of games, and were signing everything from shirts to dollar bills to arms.

To those of you that play, Burning Crusade is PRETTY. Good lord, it's PRETTY.

To everyone that goes out to the signings, have fun and play nice. If you see Alex, say hello. :)

Wonder if it's too late too try heading down there.. it's only 20 minutes away..

[quote name='Dwapook']Wonder if it's too late too try heading down there.. it's only 20 minutes away..[/QUOTE]

worth a shot....take me with you =D haha

signed copy preorder just went for 260 on ebay...

[quote name='Roufuss']All of those WoW fans in one place... that's frightening to think about it.[/quote]
It's sometimes scary when 3 or 4 of my friends talk about WoW. I just stand there and think WTF this is way beyond me. That many people would just be crazy.
I hope all WoW players enjoy the expansion.

[quote name='Roufuss']All of those WoW fans in one place... that's frightening to think about it.[/QUOTE]
I had to listen to 8 hours of FF11 standing on line for a Wii. (I've never played FF11)

So it could be A LOT worst...

[quote name='Kaijufan'] That many people would just be crazy.
[/QUOTE]

I imagine just the smell alone of all these hardcore players would destroy California.

I'm surprised they can be away from the game for so long!

[quote name='Roufuss']All of those WoW fans in one place... that's frightening to think about it.[/quote]

God, the smell would take days of washing to get out of clothes. :lol:

[quote name='Roufuss']I imagine just the smell alone of all these hardcore players would destroy California.

I'm surprised they can be away from the game for so long![/quote]

They're probably boting as they're waiting in line.

[quote name='2poor']They're probably boting as they're waiting in line.[/quote]
or better yet, bring their laptop with them.

Can someone give me advice to go or not on next morning (for CE)
It seems hopeless just as PS3's launch/preorder, but this is like WoW raid on a Fry's. (I dont play wow, i just want the little gifts inside and sell the game)

Just got back from Fountain Valley, CA. My friends and I got there at 11:30 P.M. There were easily over four thousand people lined up against the walls. We waited at the entrance, instead of lining up. Around 12:30 A.M. the line was significantly shorter. We got in and was surprised to find hundreds of copies of the Collector Edition still unsold. After grabbing the game, we went around four tables for signatures, and we were out of there. There were so many copies of this game, the employees wanted us to buy two. Earlier, I asked one man how many copies they had. He said over 4,100.

Woo~ was that fun! Met cool people and had a great time. Sunnyvale Fry's had TONS of copies of CE available. One person bought around ten and got them all signed, hence not being home until 3am. XD It was worth it, though. Got my copy signed and my poster signed. *YAY*

So feel free to go tomorrow AM and pick yourself up some copies. Off to install!

*Roxy*

Just FYI for those in Orange County, SoCal area. Just got back from the Fountain Valley Fry's, around 8:30 AM and like others have mentioned, they still have quite a lot of CE's available. I would say about 200. They were letting people buy as many copies as they wanted, but I heard the head of the software department say they were going to begin restricting it to one copy per person.

[quote name='bmOptimus']Just FYI for those in Orange County, SoCal area. Just got back from the Fountain Valley Fry's, around 8:30 AM and like others have mentioned, they still have quite a lot of CE's available. I would say about 200. They were letting people buy as many copies as they wanted, but I heard the head of the software department say they were going to begin restricting it to one copy per person.[/QUOTE]
Yep... they only allow one copy per person now.

[quote name='mbstuff']Don't you guys remember how the Japanese would line up overnight for videogame releases, and for years you thought they were crazy? Now we do the same thing, and instead of thinking it's crazy, we ask how long we have to stay in line.[/QUOTE]

ROFL!

I passed on the midnight madness due to the cold. Woke up early on Tuesday, went to the local Target and there it is - CE still on the shelf.

[quote name='cheapass Gundam']ROFL!

I passed on the midnight madness due to the cold. Woke up early on Tuesday, went to the local Target and there it is - CE still on the shelf.[/quote]

my g/f was able to get the ce at target as well... what's funny is there was a line outside of bestbuy since they don't open till 10 and my g/f was still able to walk into the target next door and buy one of the last 2 ce's...

bread's done
Back