WoW Cataclysm Collector's Edition announced

Lawyers Guns N Money

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/cataclysm/features/collector.html

This limited edition Collector's Set features a wealth of rare and exclusive items to aid you at the dawn of a cataclysmic new era:
CATACLYSM EXCLUSIVE BEHIND-THE-SCENES DVD:

collector-1.gif

• Over an hour of developer interviews and commentaries, discussing the game's development from early design through finished gameplay.
• The Cataclysm intro cinematic and major content patch trailers complete with Director's Commentary.
• A special Warcraft retrospective examining the rich gaming history of the Warcraft universe.

COLLECTOR'S EDITION SOUNDTRACK:

collector-2.gif

• Ten epic new tracks from the Cataclysm expansion, featuring exclusive bonus tracks.

THE ART OF CATACLYSM:

collector-3.gif

• 176 pages of art, featuring never-before-seen images from the archives of the Blizzard Film Department and the World of Warcraft development team.
• progressive visuals from every stage of development - from early concepts through to finished, detailed art.

WORLD OF WARCRAFT®: CATACLYSM™ PC/MAC GAME:

collector-4.gif

• The full World of Warcraft expansion set on CD-ROM and DVD-ROM.

WORLD OF WARCRAFT TRADING CARD GAME STARTER PACKS AND EXCLUSIVE CARDS:

collector-5.gif

• One 60-card deck from the new Wrathgate series featuring two extended art cards and visuals from several of fantasy's top creators.
• Two exclusive hero cards, marking the first appearance of goblin and worgen heroes in the WOW:TCG.
• One full-sized rule book to teach you how to play.

EXCLUSIVE IN-GAME PET:

collector-6.png

• He may not be a breaker of worlds... at least not yet... but Lil' Deathwing will still aid you in your titanic struggle to save Azeroth from his much, much larger counterpart.

CATACLYSM MOUSEPAD:

collector-7.gif

• A special-edition mouse pad depicting Deathwing menacing the ravaged continents of Azeroth.

Damn am I such a whore for Blizzard CE's. I have a complete collection of WoW CE's now, and no way am I gonna let that chain be broken.

Lil' Deathwing also probably won't look like that. MMO-champion and such have found models of a Lil Deathwing that looks much cooler.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']After the SC2 CE, I'm not as impressed.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it'd be nice if they had some sort of cool gadget thing like the USB dog tag. I'm pretty meh about the TCG, and the rest is pretty standard CE fare.

That being said, I've already pre-ordered...

We'll probably get a release date here soon then. Seems like Blizzard announces their CEs about a month or so before the date, everytime.

Ugh.. I've been debating coming back to WoW after being away from it for over a year. Cataclysm releasing soon is making the pull even greater.

Already got my pre order in for it.

Now if I could just get my fucking hands on a original wow CE box with the stuff I would have them all.

Gargus/Gargux/Garguf/Garguv/Gargun on durotan server if anyone happens to be on mine feel free to say hi.

This is actually one hell of an collector's set. A Deck of TCG cards and that mousepad is probably worth $30 alone not to mention the other stuff you get with it. If I still had friends to play the TCG with I would of bought this edition but the standard edition will be fine for me if I choose to buy cataclysm.

I need to stop buying the CEs of games. I am running out of places to put the boxes they come in and even the stuff that comes with them. I would pick this one up as I have the last 2 but I don't play wow anymore. I want to try out cataclysm but I will only end up getting 1 or 2 60 day cards to play it and that is it. Also with the last set I think I had 10 or so days left to play it and just stopped playing.

[quote name='Jodou']Is it wrong I keep buying the CE for each expansion even though I haven't played since 2006?[/QUOTE]
Probably. ;) Burning Crusade wasn't that fun, but I enjoyed WotLK. I'm on hiatus now, but with a completely new 1-60 experience, I'm stoked for Cataclysm. Plus, you can play as GOBLINS. :D

I posted in the deals thread but thought I'd post here too just for the sake of getting a good answer.

Does anyone know how early amazon gets the game to you on release day, I have yet to order a new game from amazon. I ordered next day shipping with my student prime account.

Thanks

[quote name='Fuzi0n']I posted in the deals thread but thought I'd post here too just for the sake of getting a good answer.

Does anyone know how early amazon gets the game to you on release day, I have yet to order a new game from amazon. I ordered next day shipping with my student prime account.

Thanks[/QUOTE]
It really depends on when UPS delivers to your area. They don't ship "Early AM" so you won't get it really early.

To know for sure, you might call the local UPS office to see, or ask your driver if you can track them down.

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']It really depends on when UPS delivers to your area. They don't ship "Early AM" so you won't get it really early.

To know for sure, you might call the local UPS office to see, or ask your driver if you can track them down.[/QUOTE]

My UPS guy is usually here later in the day so getting it in the morning is not going to happen, but mainly I just want it on release day. Does amazon get it to me by then is what I'd really want to know I guess.

Thanks

Amazon does have "release-date delivery" on a lot of popular games. They haven't activated it for Cataclysm yet, as the release date hasn't been announced. If you pre-order now, you can always change it to release date delivery later on in your order history, if and when they have it available.

The only issue I'd see is if the release date is a Sunday, which has been one of the rumored dates (11/14). I don't know if you'd get it prior or not until the next day.

[quote name='Salamando3000']Damn am I such a whore for Blizzard CE's. I have a complete collection of WoW CE's now, and no way am I gonna let that chain be broken.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much how I feel about this. It would be stupid to have the rare original WoW CE on my shelf, without the other, matching CE's.

Plus, with all the WoW CEs and the SC2 CE, I'll get 7 Feats of Strength achievements for any character I make right off the bat. I only get a pathetic 6 Feats of Strength right now.

I have the CE pre-ordered, but not having a job hinders a complete confidence that I'd have the money for it by the time it got released.

I hate WoW, but love it at the same time.

[quote name='Fuzi0n']My UPS guy is usually here later in the day so getting it in the morning is not going to happen, but mainly I just want it on release day. Does amazon get it to me by then is what I'd really want to know I guess.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Last time I ordered they must have had problems. It was like 7:45pm before mine showed up for lich king. I was waiting all damn day long checking the porch on occasion. Never seen them come that late.

I paid off mine in full from Gamestop. I can't wait for a release date announcement, I'm planning on picking it up at midnight Monday night and taking off work Tuesday so I can play all night/day. I'm getting a little bored with WoW, but I'm mega excited for Cataclysm. I also ordered the Blizzcon live stream so I can get my Deathwing Murloc pet, decals for Starcraft and a chance to purchase Blizzcon exclusive swag :D

Pre-ordered, since I missed out on all the CE's, for the artbook and pet. My friends have the CEs for the previous expansions, and the art books they come with are really nice. My Onxyia whelpling needs a Mini Deathwing to play with.

I'm debating whether or not to play during the first week of release though, tempting though it is. The servers always crash and lag bigtime the first week of an expansion release.

[quote name='Spacepest']I'm debating whether or not to play during the first week of release though, tempting though it is. The servers always crash and lag bigtime the first week of an expansion release.[/QUOTE]

During BC's and WotLK's launch, my server remained relatively stable. The larger problem was how populated every area you'd want to go were. You try entering a new zone with your 80, you end up waiting for 15-30 min for your turn to come up to kill a quest mob. Start a new char, and you find out there are way too wolves for how many fresh chars they are. It's one of the reasons I have no problem if Amazon takes its time getting the game to me.

Can't wait for this to come out though. I'm big into alts, and redoing Azeroth creates a lot more content for me to explore. I'm even going so far as to actually attend Blizzcon (started out to see if I could even get tickets, and then morphed into a "why not?").

[quote name='Salamando3000']During BC's and WotLK's launch, my server remained relatively stable. The larger problem was how populated every area you'd want to go were. You try entering a new zone with your 80, you end up waiting for 15-30 min for your turn to come up to kill a quest mob. Start a new char, and you find out there are way too wolves for how many fresh chars they are. It's one of the reasons I have no problem if Amazon takes its time getting the game to me.

Can't wait for this to come out though. I'm big into alts, and redoing Azeroth creates a lot more content for me to explore. I'm even going so far as to actually attend Blizzcon (started out to see if I could even get tickets, and then morphed into a "why not?").[/QUOTE]

Last expansion I actually got to preview the early game through beta testing, so logging on the first day of the official release was not a big deal for me.

This expansion, no beta so far. And if Blizzard doesn't allow paid race changes the first day Cataclysm comes out, that takes away half my reason for playing. I so want to change my main to a Worgen. Maybe I'll make a goblin alt and putter around the starting areas just for fun.

I'm pretty sure they stated paid race changes to worgen and goblins were not going to be allowed for a month or two because they don't want 80 worgen running around Dal on launch day and I agree with them. I've also heard the goblin starting area quests are the best they have come up with so far.

What's the point of changing an 80 to a Worgen? You're going to pay 20 bucks just for the sake of a skin, and bypass all the leveling areas?

Seems pointless.

[quote name='Spacepest']This expansion, no beta so far. And if Blizzard doesn't allow paid race changes the first day Cataclysm comes out, that takes away half my reason for playing. I so want to change my main to a Worgen. Maybe I'll make a goblin alt and putter around the starting areas just for fun.[/QUOTE]

Blizz already said this won't be allowed for a few months. If anything, it makes everybody start on even ground when going for the realm first achievements for hitting certain levels.

Imagine, somebody immediately race-changing and getting the "Realm First - Level 85 Worgen" before people that might have only had a level 80 shaman, and therefore couldn't race change Worgen.

I mean, if you so badly want to play Worgen, why not reroll?

[quote name='AlphaPanda']What's the point of changing an 80 to a Worgen? You're going to pay 20 bucks just for the sake of a skin, and bypass all the leveling areas?

Seems pointless.[/QUOTE]

More or less since all you gain are 1 or maybe 2 very minor racial bonus's. Unless of course they have some kingd of cool ability like nightelves have natural fade which is nice since you can hit it and break aggro mid combat if need be, or orcs get bomus damage with their pets and such.

But overall I dont see a point to paying for it except to look different.

I hope they dont let people do it because way to many people will just pay to be a 80 goblin or worgen just so they can be one of the few ones. Course it will take like 3 weeks and youll see hundreds of 80 goblins and worgen anyway, sure youll see some within 5 days.

Dont understand why someone would get a new race to play and skip actually playing them.

[quote name='gargus']Dont understand why someone would get a new race to play and skip actually playing them.[/QUOTE]

At the very least, they might just prefer their aesthetics. Their racials are none too shabby either. 1% increase to Critical rating, 15% reduction in Curse and Disease timing, and a "sprint" active ability that increases movement speed by 70% for 10 sec (3 min cd). Now, just imagine that last one, on a Warrior, in PVP. Charge's in, hamstrings, intercepts, sprints...there'd be no getting away from him.

Cataclysm really has me thinking about coming back to WoW. I never cared for raiding and the endgame, but I always enjoyed leveling alts. I just got sick of the content after so many times. This is of course my big problem with the endgame though from what I have heard it has changed pretty significantly since I played which was around the BC launch.

If Lich King came with 30 days play time, I would probably pick it up to try the game again. Otherwise I may wait and see if there is a deal with Lich King and Cataclysm.

I just got back in a couple of days ago... Is it me or the game classic zones are dead? Been leveling a Warlock and I haven't ran into anyone in the Contested Zones. PvP is dead as well and the BGs are joke.

I can't find any motivation to get back into retail. I just...can't.

I hope Cata revives WoW's World PVP, BGs and leveling zone play. May entice me to get back into it at one point. I miss the days of Vanilla WoW; ever since LK it all went down the tubes.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']I can't find any motivation to get back into retail. I just...can't.[/QUOTE]

5xp9zc0.jpg

[quote name='kamui34']I just got back in a couple of days ago... Is it me or the game classic zones are dead? Been leveling a Warlock and I haven't ran into anyone in the Contested Zones. PvP is dead as well and the BGs are joke.[/QUOTE]

It's the dungeon finder. People are giving their alts full heirlooms and dungeon finding to 80. It's sad, because the system is so damn convenient, but it's making the zones deserted.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']It's the dungeon finder. People are giving their alts full heirlooms and dungeon finding to 80. It's sad, because the system is so damn convenient, but it's making the zones deserted.[/QUOTE]
Remember when people didn't have mounts until 60 and had to travel to each dungeon when there were no BG's? That was the last time the game was truly alive. I can still remember camping lowbies in TM or SM until they called for help in GC. Some fights lasted all night with non-stop PvP. Then, like any good PvP game, the devs listened to the carebears and destroyed a good game.

[quote name='Jodou']Remember when people didn't have mounts until 60 and had to travel to each dungeon when there were no BG's? That was the last time the game was truly alive. I can still remember camping lowbies in TM or SM until they called for help in GC. Some fights lasted all night with non-stop PvP. Then, like any good PvP game, the devs listened to the carebears and destroyed a good game.[/QUOTE]

Southshore/Tarren Mill pvp was so much fun. I do miss that. My friend and I would start shit at Southshore all the time and then spend hours just going back and forth.

I just spoke to my local Gamestop. According to the rep, the CE is sold out company wide. Time to check other local outlets then.

Last I checked, you could still pre-order it from Walmart.com and Toysrus.com. There's also a good chance you can score one at Best Buy on launch day. They always seems to have ample stock of just about any PC CE.

Just spoke to a rep at my local Best Buy and according to him, they don't have the preorder details for the CE yet. It is available online but only for shipping to your home. He said they should be able to preorder in-store later next week.

How limited was the Wrath of the Lich King CE? I'm sort of worried if my Gamestop preorder will go through from October, though it really wouldn't kill me to just get the regular version

bread's done
Back