Wow, Google Maps is very accurate and intelligent!

"Swim across the Atlantic Ocean 5,572 km"

Heh.

This looks intentional, but I remember another glitch that showed directions between two cities (In Norway maybe?) where the site instructed the driver to take a few ferries and go through several countries instead of giving a direct route. Don't know if that was Google maps or not.

[quote name='wubb']"Swim across the Atlantic Ocean 5,572 km"

Heh.

This looks intentional, but I remember another glitch that showed directions between two cities (In Norway maybe?) where the site instructed the driver to take a few ferries and go through several countries instead of giving a direct route. Don't know if that was Google maps or not.[/QUOTE]

That was Microsoft's service. I forgot the exact name.

All online maps are badly done.

They never did fix the one where going down to Orlando from the north it tells you to take 95 to NASA then go on 528. The real way to go is 95 south to 4 because it will save you at least 2 hours.

google maps is a deadly and dangerous thing. one day they will link these maps to orbiting space weapons and with the touch of a screen they will be able to destroy any place on said map.

[quote name='lokizz']google maps is a deadly and dangerous thing. one day they will link these maps to orbiting space weapons and with the touch of a screen they will be able to destroy any place on said map.[/quote]

medium_dr_evil_1.jpg

Google maps has some intentional jokes inside of it. I'll try to find the site that shows you all of them. It'll take me a minute.

Nonetheless thats pretty funny.

That's obviously a joke, not a glitch. It's funnier to say "Swim across the Atlantic Ocean for 5K km" then "Sorry, there was an error in your search query."

[quote name='Silencer']That's obviously a joke, not a glitch. It's funnier to say "Swim across the Atlantic Ocean for 5K km" then "Sorry, there was an error in your search query."[/QUOTE]

Yeah, unfortunately it apparently won't direct you over Antarctica either... I tried a trip from South America to Australia and it just errored out.

Really though, its a very economic way of getting across. I mean what are you gonna do, take a plane? That's way too expensive.

[quote name='lokizz']google maps is a deadly and dangerous thing. one day they will link these maps to orbiting space weapons and with the touch of a screen they will be able to destroy any place on said map.[/quote]

I wouldn't be too surprised if they already have something like that set up. If not, then its probably being developed.

bread's done
Back