WOW! soo lucky

dino3333

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
ok so i walk into funcoland just checking things out. then this guy comes in with a huge box of nes snes and n64 games. the clerk says they dont take those games any more so i told him i might be able to take some of those off his hands. i wasnt expecting much but to my suprise i found earthbound and ogre battle 64. i also got paper mario too just cuz i wanted to play. guess what, i got all those for $5!!. what a steal!

You got me excited when you said 'earthbound and ogre battle 64', thought you had a Earthbound 64 Prototype...but I assume you mean the SNES version.

[quote name='gizmogc']You got me excited when you said 'earthbound and ogre battle 64', thought you had a Earthbound 64 Prototype...but I assume you mean the SNES version.[/QUOTE]

Was there even an Earthbound 64 "prototype" released? Beta? Alpha? Anything? Guess it really doesn't matter, it was made for the 64DD and that thing never saw the light of day either.. it'd be kinda hard to play it :sad:

[quote name='c']THE 64DD WAS RELEASED IN JAPAN omg scorch[/QUOTE]
lollers.

Anyway, I personally just don't believe this story. Sorry, no offense OP. I just can't believe that anyone who owns such games (not many casual gamers would have all 3 of those) wouldn't have some better idea of their value.

But if you really did score that, then major congrats. Very lucky find.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']lollers.

Anyway, I personally just don't believe this story. Sorry, no offense OP. I just can't believe that anyone who owns such games (not many casual gamers would have all 3 of those) wouldn't have some better idea of their value.

But if you really did score that, then major congrats. Very lucky find.[/QUOTE]

i beleive it for the simple reason that they were probably stolen goods. i assume people steal lots of shit and then try to trade it in to gs or EB.

if you think about it, if you ever bought any used games, some were probably stolen at one point(and i am not even referring to the loan shark-esque practices of eb or gs buying a game for $3 trade in and then putting it on the shelf and selling it for $30)

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']lollers.

But if you really did score that, then major congrats. Very lucky find.[/QUOTE]

What about the people who trade in rare games to GS and EB? The guy probably wouldn't have gotten much more than $5 anyway

No joke.

I prefer Gamestop because the Paducah, KY store had a reasonably priced FF Chronicles, and the Owensboro, KY store had Love Hina figures.

EB still sold PSO I&II Gamecube version Preowned in my area for $44.99 as recently as 6 months ago. I scored my copy, along with a modem adaptor, which I promptly handed over to my boyfriend (the poor bastard is on dialup) at a mom-and-pop shop for $27.

bread's done
Back