Wow - what is Amazon smoking here?

Samus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
It says my estimated ship date for Gears of War 2 is November 13th! I'm not waiting an extra 6 days + 2 days shipping time for a game I'm PREORDERING. Sure the $10 gift card is nice, but 8 days earlier > $10.

So is the ship date usually accurate or can I expect it to be shipped on the 7th like it's supposed to?

I assume you got the free shipping? They intentionally screw over people that go that route now. Nothing you can change. I'm still waiting for them to fix being taxed in NY (which Newegg got done).

No, I got 2-day shipping via Amazon Prime trial.

Chrono, I guess I could call them but it's M-rated and I'm only 15 and I sound like it. What's their policy on selling to under 17 year old people?

[quote name='Hostile']I assume you got the free shipping? They intentionally screw over people that go that route now. Nothing you can change. I'm still waiting for them to fix being taxed in NY (which Newegg got done).[/QUOTE]

He said "2 days shipping time" so I think he has Prime.

Amazon is very iffy about preorders. Everything I order from Amazon says it'll ship a week after the release date but sometimes they ship on the release date and other times, they actually ship a week later.

You might wanna wait until the day after it's released and see if they ship. Otherwise, it's easy to cancel and go pick up a copy from GS.

Whoops, got angry because they did that to me twice so I jumped ahead to write my post. I used to like Amazon...

On another note, how about trying Newegg? They have Gears 2 for $54 shipped so you should look into them the next time you preorder something.

[quote name='Samus']No, I got 2-day shipping via Amazon Prime trial.

Chrono, I guess I could call them but it's M-rated and I'm only 15 and I sound like it. What's their policy on selling to under 17 year old people?[/quote]

Have your mommy call

[quote name='Hostile']Whoops, got angry because they did that to me twice so I jumped ahead to write my post. I used to like Amazon...

On another note, how about trying Newegg? They have Gears 2 for $54 shipped so you should look into them the next time you preorder something.[/quote]

Will they tax New Yorkers? Does New Egg say November 13th estimated ship date?

That's a solid deal, I like NewEgg.

They started taxing NY'ers before but I know they changed this rule some time in June so there should be no tax now. I don't actually want Gears 2 but I assume they're good on their preorder shipping.

[quote name='Samus']it's M-rated and I'm only 15 and I sound like it. What's their policy on selling to under 17 year old people?[/quote]

They're going to wait 2 years before shipping it to you.

[quote name='Samus']Will they tax New Yorkers? Does New Egg say November 13th estimated ship date?

That's a solid deal, I like NewEgg.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm Newegg no longer charges tax on NY orders -- I just ordered from them last week.

Amazon must like me or something. I always use free shipping and most items ship out within a day or two of ordering. Even if their estimated shipment date is later. I recently ordered a memory stick for my phone that shipped out the next day when it was estimated a full week later. My Resistence 2 preorder had a estimated ship day of November 10 and they shipped it out Oct. 30 and I got it yesterday and didn't have to waste time and gas to go to the store. I suspect they'll probably ship it out soon, they just put those dates to be careful.

I just order a wired 360 controller and used the free shipping and it was supposed to arrive 5-10 business day, to my surprised it came 2 days after getting email stating the item has been shipped... amazon is weird when it comes to shipping, call them and make sure...

So is the ship date usually accurate or can I expect it to be shipped on the 7th like it's supposed to?
Glad they shipped it out on time for you. For future reference, no, their shipping estimates are not always accurate. They seem to give themselves a massive cushion when it comes to shipping, especially pre-orders. Every pre-order I have ever placed with them had a shipping estimate of a week later, but shipped right around release time.

I pre-ordered mine a long time ago (June I think) with just free shipping because I knew that I wasn't going to be worried about it with other releases around GoW2 release. Shipping status said that it shipped out Thursday and will be here tomorrow morning. So basically I waited 5 days. Normally with free shipping saver you have to wait atl east six days. Glad I didn't go through Best Buy or Frys free shipping. I remember for a pre-order through Gamestop with free shipping that took 11 days before I got it.

I preordered Halo3 last year with free shipping and they waited almost two weeks before shipping and it took a week to arrive, so three weeks altogether. I could have bought it for the same price at Circuit City so I won't be preordering from Amazon again.

bread's done
Back