WTB: Old, classic PC games in good condition

secretvampire

CAGiversary!
Feedback
141 (100%)
I'm looking to work on my PC collection a bit, and trying to acquire a lot of the games that I played when younger and would like to play again. I'm looking for complete (box, manual, CDs or floppies, and extras) copies of old games such as:

Ultima series including Underworld 1 & 2
Sierra adventure games (Space Quest, King's Quest, Quest for Glory)
Star Control 1 and 2
...lots more I can't recall right now

Feel free to send me your lists! It might be a longshot, I don't know how many old school PC gamers are on this board. I don't care about crappy sports games, budget titles from the past 5 years, or anything like that. I'm looking for vintage stuff.

[quote name='secretvampire']Shit! I put this in the wrong forum and I'm sorry, can I mod please put this in the trading forum?[/QUOTE]

sure

CML for The Elder Scrolls: Arena. This is a bad ass old school RPG. It's pretty rare though so im not taking any offers below $30.

[quote name='Technique']If you want to play it, yes. But if you want the original thing with the instructions, box, registration card, etc. I have one for sale or for trade.[/QUOTE]

Which is why I didn't quote you when I made that post.:D

[quote name='secretvampire']Oh man...it just got way too out of date. I have liquidated a lot of it on Ebay, but I do still have quite a bit of stuff laying around I could trade with. :)[/QUOTE]
What's still left? and are you selling yet or just trading?

What's still left? and are you selling yet or just trading?

I dunno, you got any old PC games? :D

I kinda gave up on trading for a while again because it seems like I've got a lot of the more commonly available stuff that I really want, and the few rarities like Panzer Dragoon Saga or Dracula X (PC-Engine) etc., nobody really is interested in trading. I guess now that I'm looking for PC games it might make sense to revive it. I pretty much stick to Ebay for selling since nobody here wants to pay Ebay prices for games (and I don't blame them), and I'd rather get top dollar for it.

i might have the box/instructions/disks for kings quest 4/6/7 and space quest 1 and maybe heroes quest 1/2....they were all in a box somewhere, so the boxes might be kinda beat, but it has everything in it

let me check to make sure it wasnt thrown out, ill get back in here sometime early this week after i get a chance to check

I'll let you know if I come across any more of my ancient pc games, I know I had a mountain of them before I moved...

Sure thing. I've been a PC gamer since I was like 8, but I never "owned" a lot of the games back in the day. When you are a kid, you could only buy (or ask for as gifts) so many games, so I used to pirate a lot of them from my friend who was rich as hell. I think I've more than made up for it over the years (see my collection), but I want to play some of these games again!

i might have the box/instructions/disks for kings quest 4/6/7 and space quest 1 and maybe heroes quest 1/2....they were all in a box somewhere, so the boxes might be kinda beat, but it has everything in it

let me check to make sure it wasnt thrown out, ill get back in here sometime early this week after i get a chance to check

Cool...let me know!

I think there is a free updated version of King's Quest out there floating around the net. I remember reading about it in EGM

don't know if you would be interested in it, but either way free bump

I think there is a free updated version of King's Quest out there floating around the net. I remember reading about it in EGM

don't know if you would be interested in it, but either way free bump

There might be, I will check it out...but you might need the original game files (for legal reasons, obviously). I have been shocked to find out how many people are doing projects to update old games to run on current hardware, which is too cool for words. But most of them do require the original game files, which is why I want to track down Ultima Underworld 1 & 2, Ultima VII, etc. Plus, it's really nice to play through them when you have the original manual, maps, etc.

[quote name='secretvampire']There might be, I will check it out...but you might need the original game files (for legal reasons, obviously). I have been shocked to find out how many people are doing projects to update old games to run on current hardware, which is too cool for words. But most of them do require the original game files, which is why I want to track down Ultima Underworld 1 & 2, Ultima VII, etc. Plus, it's really nice to play through them when you have the original manual, maps, etc.[/QUOTE]

http://www.agdinteractive.com/

there is the link.

I'm selling all my old PC games in small bundles here on ebay.

I've sold a lot of them already, but there are still a few up there, and still quite a lot yet to be listed, so keep checking in case there's anything of interest.

check out home of the underdogs. the-underdogs.org is the site name. Those are all games that are not for sale anymore.

sorry if i shouldn't be posting this. i dont think any of those games are illegal to download either because the ones that are still for sale are not availible for download. Check it out, lots of good old games there.

Yeah, I know about the Underdogs. It is a great site, but the collector in me likes to have the original stuff...plus it's a hell of a lot more fun playing through some of these games when you have the maps, manuals, journals, etc.

[quote name='secretvampire']I dunno, you got any old PC games? :D

I kinda gave up on trading for a while again because it seems like I've got a lot of the more commonly available stuff that I really want, and the few rarities like Panzer Dragoon Saga or Dracula X (PC-Engine) etc., nobody really is interested in trading. I guess now that I'm looking for PC games it might make sense to revive it. I pretty much stick to Ebay for selling since nobody here wants to pay Ebay prices for games (and I don't blame them), and I'd rather get top dollar for it.[/QUOTE]
Nothing too old, no. The oldest one would probably be the original UT. :lol:

You did have some good PS1 games that were tempting. ;-)

I think I still have the Kings Quest Collection - probably not the box but probably both discs and maybe the manual. Let me know if you are interested.

bread's done
Back