WTF happened to It's Mr. Pants??

The Cheapest Ass Gamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
After reading GameInformer and IGN's positive reviews (both 8s) of It's Mr. Pants for GBA, I just played it and found it incredibly addicting. From what I gather, Rare was going to make a Donkey Kong puzzle game called Coconut Crackers for a while, and since Rare split with Nintendo, they changed it to the new pants-themed game. Well, THQ and Rare both say that it's available now at EB and Gamestop (which have no mention of it on their site), major mags have reviewed it, and I've ordered the last copy from an eBay seller that GameFAQers report receiving legit copies of the game from. But nobody but that one eBay/half/amazon seller (GameDiva) seems to have it! Does anyone have any idea of what's going on with the game?

It's pretty sad if a perfectly good puzzle game is disregarded by stores just because it's odd (i.e., innovative). I wonder if the fate of games like Katamari Damacy will be similar...

[quote name='The Cheapest Ass Gamer']It's pretty sad if a perfectly good puzzle game is disregarded by stores just because it's odd (i.e., innovative). I wonder if the fate of games like Katamari Damacy will be similar...[/quote]

odd != innovative

It will probably be better marketed in the UK. THe title isn't weird in that region.

I've also noticed that Banjo Pilot seems to be coming out at a bargain price. Every place I've seen it listed had it for only $20.

[quote name='DenisDFat']probably because since at least the early 90s, Rare has sucked at making video games.[/quote]

i agree, with the exception of Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Conker, and both Banjo games...

[quote name='The Cheapest Ass Gamer']Heh, just found out that Wal-mart.com has it for $20, but it's out of stock.[/quote]

You should get a backorder whereever you can so you won't miss out the next time they get a couple in stock.

hay I think ure rite...

wasnt there suppose to be a donkey kong puzzle game???

I think I play it at E3 2 years ago...

what was it??

and yeay I saw Mr Pant review somewhere, I wanna get it! I dont got any puzzle game for GBA... weird

[quote name='JEKKI']hay I think ure rite...

what was it??

and yeay I saw Mr Pant review somewhere, I wanna get it! I dont got any puzzle game for GBA... weird[/quote]

You don't mean Donkey Kong: King of Swing, do ya? I played that at E3 and *loved* it! I think that one's due out in March :)

Mr.Pants!: I've had my eye on this one as well... only i have YET to see it in a store. i mean, the title ALONE is awesome. :p Thanks for the Walmart.com tip, Cheapest.

-Sue

IT EXISTS! :shock:

I now have this game in-hand, sealed and brand-new.

As far as I can tell, its legit too. No spelling errors anywhere on the box, the Nintendo seal of Quallity on both sides, Rareware logo, etc.

I'm pretty anxious to try it out, but seeing how its not on Gamestop/EBGames/ebay, I'm wondering if it will become rare/valuable anytime soon (haha, sorry but I can always use some spare change).

But if anyone wants to get a copy for yourself, I ordered mine on Amazon from the seller Pricediva (great service/shipping, I ordered the game on monday and got it today [friday]) for about $28 shipped. Its a bit pricey but I see no other way of obtaining an American copy of this game anytime soon so I'd say go for it!

Here's a linky:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...812988-7498567?v=glance&s=videogames&n=507846

[quote name='vgamergirl'][quote name='JEKKI']hay I think ure rite...

what was it??

and yeay I saw Mr Pant review somewhere, I wanna get it! I dont got any puzzle game for GBA... weird[/quote]

You don't mean Donkey Kong: King of Swing, do ya? I played that at E3 and *loved* it! I think that one's due out in March :)

Mr.Pants!: I've had my eye on this one as well... only i have YET to see it in a store. i mean, the title ALONE is awesome. :p Thanks for the Walmart.com tip, Cheapest.

-Sue[/quote]
nah man, isnt DK King of Swing a new game coming out???

there was an old old DK game from like 2 / 3 years ago I saw at E3

it was like a puzzle thing, where the only pieces are these big ass green and red blocks or somethin

cant remember exactly...

Well I've been debating on this game for a while, after reading reviews on it. It was even reviewed in maxim. Finally just ordered it from the above mentioned seller. Seems she sells on amazon and ebay, but is a bulk seller with good feedback. I'll just keep my copy sealed for collector's value. The seller had 23 copies left, so if anyone else is interested.

[quote name='JEKKI'][quote name='vgamergirl'][quote name='JEKKI']hay I think ure rite...
what was it??
-Sue[/quote]
nah man, isnt DK King of Swing a new game coming out???
there was an old old DK game from like 2 / 3 years ago I saw at E3
it was like a puzzle thing, where the only pieces are these big ass green and red blocks or somethin
cant remember exactly...[/quote]

You're thinking of "Donkey Kong: Coconut Crackers". It was the same idea as "Its Mr. Pants", but in pseudo-3D and instead of a timer, you had Kremlings circling the playfield that eventually attack (I think).

Btw, Its Mr Pants is fun as hell. I highly recommend it.

I got my copy today from eBay's GameDiva (aka PriceDiva). I agree, it appears to be totally authentic with the horizontal seal and everything (and it's NTSC format, judging by the notice that it's for sale only in North America). If it is a bootleg, it's the best damn bootleg ever created. This seller sells the game on eBay, half, and amazon marketplace for approximately the same price (although the eBay auction is, if I remember correctly, about a buck cheaper in total price). Here's a link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62053&item=8162868069&rd=1&ssPageName=WD1V

Of course, as stated earlier, Wal-mart.com has them for about $20, but they are out of stock. I'm keeping mine sealed for now, but being a rightful owner of the game, I played the rom and found it to be an awesome game. Highly recommended to Tetrophiles and anyone else who enjoys a solid puzzle game. I think I'm going to get a second copy and open it. :)

[quote name='The Cheapest Ass Gamer']What's a Gizmondo? Some machine that effortlessly doubles the prices of GBA games?[/quote]

Its some 3rd party handheld console that Microsoft is supposedly supporting. Meh.

Heh, so it's one of those pathetic underdog handhelds like Game.com and Wonderswan. *laughs at Gizmondo*

Oh, and for those of you who want to try It's Mr. Pants, GameFly has it for rent (not for sale, though). If you've never used GameFly, you can sign up for the free trial and try it for free.

I bought It's Mr. Pants from the seller GameDiva off ebay, its real, its great, and theres a sweet poster inside. I guess shes the only one who got it, 28 shipped, and it gets here fast.

[quote name='rockhero'][quote name='The Cheapest Ass Gamer']It's pretty sad if a perfectly good puzzle game is disregarded by stores just because it's odd (i.e., innovative). I wonder if the fate of games like Katamari Damacy will be similar...[/quote]

odd != innovative[/quote]

EXACTLY!

I also got it from Gamediva about a week ago, cool puzzle game. I wish there were more than 3 play modes but the modes stay fun for a good amount of time. It really is weird that this seller is the ONLY source for the game, it's been out in normal circulation in Canada as far as I've heard, even the most obscure puzzle games aren't THIS noexistent so soon after release. THQ must've dropped the ball somewhere along the line.

It's amazing, "Gamediva" seems to be the sole US retailer selling this game! I just checked a bunch of online stores and none made even a mention of it - and Gamediva's got at least 55 available on EBay!

Lol I just got the rom and this game is awesome! I'm going to give it a little time and see if it becomes fairly available, and if not I'll order it from Gamediva. Has anybody asked any retailers if it was scheduled to come in?

order it from gamediva, gamestop will never be getting any, its not even in our computers, if someone tried to trade it in would couldnt take it because according to us it doesnt exist

Is this game maybe just a little late in shipping to retailers? Bizarre that only one online retailer had them til now. Well, now 2 so that's still bizarre.

[quote name='JAMMR']Is this game maybe just a little late in shipping to retailers? Bizarre that only one online retailer had them til now. Well, now 2 so that's still bizarre.[/quote]

Maybe? I was kinda hoping to wait and get it at bestbuy with a GGC, but I checked walmarts stock and when I ordered they only had 14 copies, so I don't think they finally got their big shipment in.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I saw a ton of copies at Walmart in Canada this past weekend.[/quote]

Canada seems to be the only country in the American continent that actually secured copies to sell.

My assumption was that copies of the game have been deadlocked in shipment containers on trans-atlantic freighters passing through congested shipping routes.

That, or THQ only pressed about a bakers' dozen copies of the title.

I'm tired of searching for this game, so I just ordered it from Wal-Mart.com. I'm happier now!

I actually almost emailed THQ directly to ask where the game was available at U.S. retail, but I didn't.

[quote name='Luckychunk']I actually almost emailed THQ directly to ask where the game was available at U.S. retail, but I didn't.[/quote]

Do it! Do it now!

[quote name='Maynard']ordered 2 from walmart.com I suggest you guys order it soon, this is going to be one of those collectors items.[/quote]

THanks for the heads-up. Just ordered one.

[quote name='Maynard']ordered 2 from walmart.com I suggest you guys order it soon, this is going to be one of those collectors items.[/quote]

Every game is a collector's item these days...

bread's done
Back