WTF is the point of preordering then GameCrazy!!!! ARgghhh

Darth Indy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
So I traded in some movies awhile back and put the credit toward NCAA Football 10 for PS3. I also paid the rest of it in full right then. Soooooo, on Tuesday I go to pick it up and they were gonna give me a 360 copy, I said I ordered it for PS3. I was informed sorry but they hadn't go any PS3 copies in yet. I just put my head down and walked out stunned. I called yesterday and no game. So WTF is the point then, a major game comes out and you don't have it still!! Not only that but I preordered the game just for the fact I could get it on release!!!

I was so pissed on Tuesday I just drove to nearest Best Buy and bought it. Guess I'l wait for GameCrazy to get my copy in and take that one to BB and get refunded. My wife wants me to cancel GameCrazy preorder based on principle alone and I do too but I had instore credit and wanted to use that up.:bomb:

What you are describing is not legal. Buying something at one place and returning it to another.

Plus, by doing that, you'll be rewarding Game Crazy for bad behavior. They still get your money and Best Buy, the place had what you wanted when you wanted it, gets nothing.

There's really no need to preorder "Big" releases like this anyway, there'll be plenty of copies to go around. The only reasons one would NEED to preorder games are 1) If it's a more obscure game (like anything from Atlus) 2) If it comes with cool preorder goodies or bonuses. I do preorder the bigger releases ahead of time, but only because it allows me to pay them off over time and ahead of time, rather than having to come up with all the money at once.

All that being said, Gamecrazy lost my preorder business forever when I preordered Fire Pro Wrestling Returns (Since Gamestop wasn't taking preorders on the $20 game) and they never got it in, leading me to just get it from Amazon

[quote name='fcw3']What you are describing is not legal. Buying something at one place and returning it to another.[/QUOTE]

He bought NCAA 10 at Best Buy, and he's returning NCAA 10 at Best Buy. It's not like he bought something on clearance at one store, and is returning it to Wal-mart with no receipt for full retail price.

[quote name='ZForce']There's really no need to preorder "Big" releases like this anyway, there'll be plenty of copies to go around. The only reasons one would NEED to preorder games are 1) If it's a more obscure game (like anything from Atlus) 2) If it comes with cool preorder goodies or bonuses. I do preorder the bigger releases ahead of time, but only because it allows me to pay them off over time and ahead of time, rather than having to come up with all the money at once.

All that being said, Gamecrazy lost my preorder business forever when I preordered Fire Pro Wrestling Returns (Since Gamestop wasn't taking preorders on the $20 game) and they never got it in, leading me to just get it from Amazon[/QUOTE]

Dude, it's facking Fire Pro. Of course they wouldn't get it in. That special order mess they claim is a buncha lies!

[quote name='fcw3']What you are describing is not legal. Buying something at one place and returning it to another.

Plus, by doing that, you'll be rewarding Game Crazy for bad behavior. They still get your money and Best Buy, the place had what you wanted when you wanted it, gets nothing.[/QUOTE]

Well I'm thinking of just cancelling the gamecrazy order and giving them a piece of my mind about it. The store is right across the street from me which is why I preordered there in first place so I could run up there and grab it on Tuesday. Instead I had to waste 45 minutes going there and then driving to best buy and back. Should have been a 2 minute trip.

[quote name='fcw3']What you are describing is not legal. Buying something at one place and returning it to another.

Plus, by doing that, you'll be rewarding Game Crazy for bad behavior. They still get your money and Best Buy, the place had what you wanted when you wanted it, gets nothing.[/QUOTE]

He wanted to use up credit, which if he "taught" them a lesson, he'd be out -40% or so cash out.

Plus this is not illegal, it's like keeping the disc till you find a better price later... but you're just replacing it.

Bahahaha, there is nothing illegal about the, its the same game thus same UPC code. Stop trying act like Mr. CAG veteran

so you went on tuesday and they had already sold your copy? or they didn't get their shipment of PS3 copies? because if they didn't get their shipment, it really isn't their fault. it is unfortunate, but not their fault. Just keep the store credit for another month and pick up madden.

Shipping delays happen. It's not the first time and it's NOT the last time it's going to happen. If you couldn't wait another day or whatever for them to get in your copy of generic sports game #53465346 that somehow sells out every stupid year, that's YOUR fault NOT Gamecrazy's.

Honestly, I don't get what the big deal is over this stupid sports games and their rabid fans every year. It's the same crap with a new year slapped on it.

ugh i might be a felon then........hmmmmmm

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Shipping delays happen. It's not the first time and it's NOT the last time it's going to happen. If you couldn't wait another day or whatever for them to get in your copy of generic sports game #53465346 that somehow sells out every stupid year, that's YOUR fault NOT Gamecrazy's.

Honestly, I don't get what the big deal is over this stupid sports games and their rabid fans every year. It's the same crap with a new year slapped on it.[/QUOTE]

uhhhhh the type of game has nothing to do with this, its the fact that they dont get the game in when their supposed to after you pre ordered it.

[quote name='wwe101']uhhhhh the type of game has nothing to do with this, its the fact that they dont get the game in when their supposed to after you pre ordered it.[/QUOTE]

Like I said though, shipping delays happen, though maybe the employees weren't fully notified of WHY the PS3 versions of the game weren't in stock. Or....maybe they sold out? Not every employee knows all of what's going on with a store and some just don't care to.

It's not the end of the world if you don't get a game on day one, moment one. Oh and pre-orders are for suckers. I NEVER pre-order a game anymore, since I usually just wait till they hit clearance or go on sale.

Got to agree with everyone else, you're whining basically for nothing. Well maybe for nothing.

There really isn't ever a point to preordering unless a store only gets a few copies in or there is a nice preorder bonus. Usually it just pads the employees numbers. Otherwise, the preorder guarantee is just to guarantee you get a copy of a game when it is released.

That being said, your whining is a bit pointless unless GameCrazy called you to let you know your game was in. If they did that you have a right to complain. I haven't preordered any games from them in a few years, so I don't know if they have automated calls.

If you just went in expecting it in it is just your fault for jumping the gun. As others said, shipping delays happen. I'm not really sure what happened here, but I do remember version shipping delays happening at GameCrazy before with Shadow the Hedgehog.

I'd say just cancel the preorder and wait for a game that is going to have a preorder bonus and preorder that. Ratchet and Clank's may be good...

For real, cancel your preorder if you've already got it. Why reward them and take away from Best Buy, who actually had the game you were looking for?

I only do preorders when there is a nice bonus involved or I'm paranoid about not being able to find the game. I got Ghostbusters for the $20 TRU gift card, and I preordered Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom because I have an irrational fear of not being able to find it, plus they might come out with a nice bonus.

[quote name='fcw3']What you are describing is not legal. Buying something at one place and returning it to another..[/QUOTE]

Not true- I don't know of any laws that prohibit returning an identical item in identical condition to one purchased within the store's return guidelines.

[quote name='fcw3']Plus, by doing that, you'll be rewarding Game Crazy for bad behavior. They still get your money and Best Buy, the place had what you wanted when you wanted it, gets nothing.[/QUOTE]

Now, this is true. Just make GC refund your store credit and buy something else with it. And don't make a huge stink to the register jockey- he knows it's BS, he can't control it. Write to the Corporate Office.

I decided to just cancel it with them. Didn't make a stink or anything like that, just told the dude the game came out on Tuesday so I bought it elsewhere on Tuesday since you didn't get it until Friday. Ofcourse it should have been a quick in and out trip buuuut...dude didn't know how to refund preorder so had to get help from another employee who didn't know either so he had to go phone call the manager to ask if they could even do it as he at first told me he didn't know if they could refund preorders. SO all in all it took about 20 minutes just to refund it.

internet%20police.jpg

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Has anyone ever thought about wearing a hidden cam when going into the stores with well-known problems?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure most retail stores have up signs stating 'store rules', much like other places which worry bout security (banks) and I'm pretty sure one of the rules would be NO recording devices. In some states it may even be a crime.

I don't quite understand the thought behind pre-ordering when there were no bonuses involved? Be smart and use it on something they already have or something with a bonus of some sort. NCAA Football 10 was always going to be sold everywhere. Of course, some stores may get it the day it comes out and others probably will not. No need to pre-order. Not like you would be missing out just by being impatient.

Btw, I live in SoCal and have 3+ (maybe 4, i think) GameCrazy stores nearby. I have never had a problem with any of them (well, maybe once with a WotLK CE but I didn't care too much). If I want a refund on a pre-order, I get it. No questions asked. If they didn't receive a shipment of a particular item I wanted, they'll CALL me and give me their best guess as to when they'll receive it. Is something wrong (in a good way) with all the GameCrazy stores nearby me?! :lol: I'm simply impressed (in a confused/sad, but good way)

bread's done
Back