WTF is wrong with dudes?!

Wow I didn't expect any responses (well except where a few men said what's wrong and that I must be asking for it. I expect that kind of shit from some of these trolls). A lit of these social observations are quite accurate, although I still thinks "that's just a guy" and "that's what we do." is BS. We are animalistic, but the ability to make a decision and think about things first is what sets us apart from the animals.

And another thing- im not looking fir dudes on the Internet and some of these guys I've been friends with for a while. And furthermore when I said talking about genitals I just meant toilet humor (or laughing at Adam Sandler movies) and not being squeamish when talking about private things. Like my friends aren'tscared to scratch their balls in front if me. I guess I must be asking for sex by all the sexy belching contests we have.

PS I didn't read all the posts first, but I do appreciate all the you're ugly and fat messages in my inbox and the backhanded "are you misreading signals, cuz....." I never said I was a hottie. Also, they all know I'm married, my husband wants me to have friends, and I'm thinking now I'm just gonna try to hang out with girls from this website, because some if these comments/ men are just mean. And I'm assuming they're also single. And it's not all of my guys friends, I was just venting about a couple that have put me through this lately.

And just because I'm married doesn't mean I'm not allowed to have friends- whoever said that is retarded.

[quote name='Goonie85']And another thing- im not looking fir dudes on the Internet and some of these guys I've been friends with for a while. And furthermore when I said talking about genitals I just meant toilet humor (or laughing at Adam Sandler movies) and not being squeamish when talking about private things. Like my friends aren'tscared to scratch their balls in front if me. I guess I must be asking for sex by all the sexy belching contests we have.[/QUOTE]

You sound like a female version of "Larry the Cable Guy"

[quote name='camoor']You sound like a female version of "Larry the Cable Guy"[/QUOTE]

I'm not quite that redneck :). I was just raised like the son my dad didn't have I change my own oil and don't cry over insects and mice. Apologies if that's a turn on. Don't wanna give out the wrong impression. You know, since this is all my fault.

BTW if the "gentleman" that sent me the mean PM just now is reading this- why don't you come say it to my face! I'll show you how a fat girl handles things. Cupcake eating contest, is what I meant....

[quote name='ITDEFX']I was waiting for someone to post it...but might as well say it..

Post pics :p[/QUOTE]
Read the fucking thread.

[quote name='Rocko']Read the fucking thread.[/QUOTE]

Don't be mean.

Please, read the fucking thread.

I'm just gonna throw this out there. I'm a dude, and all my chick friends are potential "fun" buddies.. at least in my head. Also, all my dude friends think the same about their female friends. It's just the way it is, for us manly men. Bwahaha.

Dudes want to bang. It's that simple. If some of your friends made moves on you, then maybe it's because they misinterpreted your signals of 'I'm having fun' as 'Let us fuck'. Many a sitcom moment has happened that way.

[quote name='Goonie85']And furthermore when I said talking about genitals I just meant toilet humor (or laughing at Adam Sandler movies) and not being squeamish when talking about private things. Like my friends aren'tscared to scratch their balls in front if me. I guess I must be asking for sex by all the sexy belching contests we have.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure your child is VERY proud.

[quote name='billyrox']what type of signals? you mean when they would straight up tell you?[/QUOTE]

You're asking me to decipher a 'signal' from a female? Christ, give me an easy question like the meaning of life or prove out the string theory first ;) Obvious signals include the girl reaching out to hold hands (when this isn't an everyday occurrence) while you're out at the bar, or persistently asking why you haven't invited them to your apartment, or when you're walking out the door or getting in your car to leave and the girl walks you out and stops and doesn't say anything for a few moments with that "Here's the point where you need to make your move, dumbass" look on her face. I dunno.. been a while since I've gotten any (signals) like that.

I made my nice little post and then I left for work and thought about it on the way and came up with a conclusion; Are you trying to get us to feel bad for you or something? You're upset because guys are attracted to you? fuck, I would NOT be complaining about girls being attracted to me for whatever reason.

You're obviously not making it clear to these guys that you're not interested either through what you DO do around them or DON'T do around them. You don't have to come out and say it in so many words, but for example it's obvious that if a girl never STFU about her boyfriend/husband, then it's abundantly clear that she's not interested in fucking anyone else.

Furthermore, by making a point to say "I didn't bother reading all these posts" and then going on to point out only how people have reacted negatively, it's clear that you never gave a fuck what we were going to say and that you, whether you realize it or not, just made this post up for attention... BOTTOM LINE.

In the end I will just say that I concur and concede that on a very very basic level, males are biologically predisposed to spread their seed. But I will also admend that statement to include that females, at a very very basic level, are predisposed to seek attention.

Hope I helped. Thank you and good day.

Yes, you all have helped tremendously. Thank you so much. I have learned much.
1. This is clearly my fault.
2. I am a bad mother and wife.
3. I'm obviously sending the wrong signals and to make sure they know I'm not interested I should talk only about my husband, so they know I don't want them.
4. I should be ashamed of myself, as I am fat, ugly, and cheating on my husband in spite of those obvious downfalls.

Thank you to those of you who actually joined a conversation and revealed insight, without being a total douche.
Also, I'm not trying to get sympathy. I thought this was an off topic forum and I wanted to vent. You don't like, don't look and certainly don't respond. You make yourself look like an a-hole, not me.

Thanks also to the people that had something nice to say, and reassurance that only certain people act a certain way. I feel better knowing that not all you guys suck!!! Haha, j/k.

...i dont think you get it yet OP.

I'm not gunna try and explain anything cause i'm not sure a game/bargain forum's opinions will help you anyway. Talk about it with your mother, or a much older female friend that you trust and has been married and has had male friends ect... see what they say.

good luck.

[quote name='Goonie85']Yes, you all have helped tremendously. Thank you so much. I have learned much.
3. I'm obviously sending the wrong signals and to make sure they know I'm not interested I should talk only about my husband, so they know I don't want them.
4. I should be ashamed of myself, as I am fat, ugly, and cheating on my husband in spite of those obvious downfalls.

Thank you to those of you who actually joined a conversation and revealed insight, without being a total douche.
Also, I'm not trying to get sympathy. I thought this was an off topic forum and I wanted to vent. You don't like, don't look and certainly don't respond. You make yourself look like an a-hole, not me.

Thanks also to the people that had something nice to say, and reassurance that only certain people act a certain way. I feel better knowing that not all you guys suck!!! Haha, j/k.[/QUOTE]

Why so sensitive? I thought you were 'one of the guys'

I'm starting to get it. Thank you for not being rude. The problem is I have no friends like that, nor do I see my mother. I was simply frustrated and felt like anonymously bitching on the Internet. Insert plenty if mean spirited comments and rude remarks in between nuggets of wisdom- there's more frustration and my urge to defend myself.

I just thought it was funny- if this was a thread about how confusing and crazy women are, everyone would have something to say and agree with the OP of that one. Not that I disagree that women are, in fact, confusing and crazy (why I hang out with men!). I guess I'm severely outnumbered, and I'm going to keep getting nasty PMs and replies.

Have a good holiday! :)

[quote name='Goonie85']I'm starting to get it. Thank you for not being rude. The problem is I have no friends like that, nor do I see my mother. I was simply frustrated and felt like anonymously bitching on the Internet. Insert plenty if mean spirited comments and rude remarks in between nuggets of wisdom- there's more frustration and my urge to defend myself.

I just thought it was funny- if this was a thread about how confusing and crazy women are, everyone would have something to say and agree with the OP of that one. Not that I disagree that women are, in fact, confusing and crazy (why I hang out with men!). I guess I'm severely outnumbered, and I'm going to keep getting nasty PMs and replies.

Have a good holiday! :)[/QUOTE]

The internet is a cruel, misogynistic place. The beauty of anonymity, I guess :\

[quote name='Goonie85']Yes, you all have helped tremendously. Thank you so much. I have learned much.

Thanks also to the people that had something nice to say, and reassurance that only certain people act a certain way. I feel better knowing that not all you guys suck!!! Haha, j/k.[/QUOTE]

I will say it's not really fair to cherry pick which comments you feel are valid. Some people in this thread have been idiots and only lived up to the retarded caveman stereotype. But others have provided solid, worthwhile information. I know if I created a thread about something that was truly bothering me, I'd damn sure take the time to read all the responses. If you're willing to just make assumptions and lump all of us into the same category, then maybe that's your problem in making friends.

This is not to say it's YOUR FAULT...but you can't think a solution to your problem is going to be found in 2 minutes. Not all guys (nor girls) are even worth being considered for friendship...regardless of your gender. Even if you remove sex from the equation, you STILL get people who are flakey, selfish, immature, untruthful, arrogant, etc, etc, etc. Rather than just trying to solve one aspect of the problem, maybe it's better to look at it as a whole.

Find a guy who's actually a decent person, and maybe you'll find a decent friend. Although if you're looking for a guy who wants to scratch his balls in front of you, I doubt you'll have much success. In my opinion, this is the typical female problem (in both romantic and platonic relationships). You look for something so specific, and then complain when you discover what other personality traits come with it.

Did it ever occur to you that a guy who actually respects you might not feel comfortable scratching his balls in front of you? Whether you want to admit it or not, men and women are different, and people will act different when around members of their own gender. I just don't think that has anything to do with sexual tension, but more due to having a respect for the opposite gender, and a recognition that you're a part of it. That has nothing to do with whether he wants to fuck you.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I will say it's not really fair to cherry pick which comments you feel are valid. Some people in this thread have been idiots and only lived up to the retarded caveman stereotype. But others have provided solid, worthwhile information. I know if I created a thread about something that was truly bothering me, I'd damn sure take the time to read all the responses. If you're willing to just make assumptions and lump all of us into the same category, then maybe that's your problem in making friends.

This is not to say it's YOUR FAULT...but you can't think a solution to your problem is going to be found in 2 minutes. Not all guys (nor girls) are even worth being considered for friendship...regardless of your gender. Even if you remove sex from the equation, you STILL get people who are flakey, selfish, immature, untruthful, arrogant, etc, etc, etc. Rather than just trying to solve one aspect of the problem, maybe it's better to look at it as a whole.

Find a guy who's actually a decent person, and maybe you'll find a decent friend. Although if you're looking for a guy who wants to scratch his balls in front of you, I doubt you'll have much success. In my opinion, this is the typical female problem (in both romantic and platonic relationships). You look for something so specific, and then complain when you discover what other personality traits come with it.

Did it ever occur to you that a guy who actually respects you might not feel comfortable scratching his balls in front of you? Whether you want to admit it or not, men and women are different, and people will act different when around members of their own gender. I just don't think that has anything to do with sexual tension, but more due to having a respect for the opposite gender, and a recognition that you're a part of it. That has nothing to do with whether he wants to fuck you.[/QUOTE]
I'm thinking you didn't get the tone of sarcasm in that reply.... And I have looked at all the posts now (I was surprised at the sheer number of responses). I also (in that post you quoted) thanked everyone who wasn't being a jerk and also said that I understand that not everyone acts like that and only some people act that way. I'm sure as hell not going to hang my head in shame for wanting friends, and of course I'm going to pick out the awful comments. Everyone that PMed me and was nice received a message that was equally as pleasant as the one they gave me. I'm merely reciprocating, good or bad.

I also don't think it's terrible to "specifically" look for a man-friend that can keep it in his pants and quit staring at my chest. I suppose that's what I get.

I guess next time I want to rant, I'll take it to Craigslist!!!

she's a pedophile, trying to hook up with whiny twelve year olds over xbox live.

this thread should be renamed, "WTF is wrong with these bitches?! please go find your place on the ladder."

honestly, if the thought of 'banging' you never crossed your male friends' minds, then he's probably just looking forward to shopping with you. 'nuff said.

edit: btw, do you swing?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Goonie85']I'm thinking you didn't get the tone of sarcasm in that reply.... And I have looked at all the posts now (I was surprised at the sheer number of responses). I also (in that post you quoted) thanked everyone who wasn't being a jerk and also said that I understand that not everyone acts like that and only some people act that way. I'm sure as hell not going to hang my head in shame for wanting friends, and of course I'm going to pick out the awful comments. Everyone that PMed me and was nice received a message that was equally as pleasant as the one they gave me. I'm merely reciprocating, good or bad.

I also don't think it's terrible to "specifically" look for a man-friend that can keep it in his pants and quit staring at my chest. I suppose that's what I get.

I guess next time I want to rant, I'll take it to Craigslist!!![/QUOTE]

Well now you're just acting like a woman. Seriously? "Someone called me a bad name. I'm going to respond the same way." As I believe it's already been mentioned, this is the internet. OF COURSE some people are going to act like morons. But responding to it just makes you look bad.

Second, when I said you were "looking for something specific", I meant "I want a male friend, who loves playing L4D2, is ok with scratching his balls in front of me, loves having belching contests, AND doesn't see me merely as a walking pussy!" Really? You don't think that could be a wee bit difficult to find? That's like the dumb cheerleader saying "I want a super hot boyfriend with really big muscles and a bad ass car! BUT he has to be down to earth and treat me nice." fuck off! That's not how the world works.

Think outside your little narrow minded box. As others have mentioned, if you want to be assured the guy doesn't want to have sex with you, make friends with gay guys. I can't promise they'll have the personality you're looking for. But hey, it's not like you're being specific or anything.

I still don't understand what's upsetting you besides the fact that guys find you attractive? (Which, if I'm not mistaken, baffles my mind)

If you found my last post to be rude, that was not my intention. I refrained from name calling and assuming anything about how you look beyond what you posted in your photo album (which hasn't given me any impulse to put your looks down if I was the kind of person to do that kind of thing anyway). The only thing I did was point out that this topic was done to seek attention and I wasn't trying to insult you by saying that, rather I was making an observation. I will give you credit though because you had the foresight, even if you didn't stop to think about it, to post a laundry list of the assurances you were looking for when you made this thread. And since you're getting me to respond, yet again, you got me hook line and sinker.. you win the attention you were seeking.

On that note, I'd be more than willing to play some L4D2 with you, I won't apologize for staring at your chest occasionally, and I will expect you to sleep with me after. Call me sometime and we'll hook up.

Well good then. in response, I will expect us to cuddle for 4 minutes afterwards.

I'm not mad about someone finding me attractive (trust me, be married for a while and you'll find it flattering). I'm just wondering why some of them think that "Hey, you want to come over and watch Dexter? I'm gonna pick up some chicken wings." is really code for "I'm going to be naked when you come over and we are going to do it on my couch, and then eat chicken wings." I have quite a few male friends that are like brothers to me, in fact my best guy friend and my best girl friend are dating each other, so I have no problems with him!!

I actually thought people would look at the thread, roll their eyes and move on. Never did I think that so many people would be clicking on this sh*t. And I didn't think they'd be so damn mean!! I made a generaliztion of the group of friends I keep, not men as a whole.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to burn my bra and run a marathon for women's rights. Right after I kick every man I know in the junk.:booty:

[quote name='Goonie85']
Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to burn my bra and run a marathon for women's rights. Right after I kick every man I know in the junk.:booty:[/QUOTE]

damn! she's pretty funny.

would you accept my friend request? it's creepy biker guy_looking at your chest [plus all your other lovely lady lumps] dot com. thx!!

[quote name='Mospeada_21']damn! she's pretty funny.

would you accept my friend request? it's creepy biker guy_looking at your chest dot com. thx!![/QUOTE]

I thought I already accepted that one. Oh, that was wanna_wearurskin..... Dot org.

Send me the request again, with a pic! Preferably one with you holding up some animal you just killed, or one of you drinking beer without your shirt on. My favorites!

Just do what makes you happy. If that's getting vulnerable with bros and talking about balls, do it.
Also, did you get an all out 'let's fuck' or are you assuming that?

[quote name='tiredfornow']Holy shit! A girl on the internet![/QUOTE]

Pardon me, but we call it "the interwebs." We are a simple people and prefer it that way.

[quote name='Goonie85']Pardon me, but we call it "the interwebs." We are a simple people and prefer it that way.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure he was wondering how you got out of the kitchen.

[quote name='DarlingNina']You still not wearing deodorant?[/QUOTE]

Are you still a half breed curse against nature that should be euthanized and your parents neutered as to not bring another blight on humanity into this world?

Naw just kidding.
Not really I hate half breeds

[quote name='Brownjohn']I'm pretty sure he was wondering how you got out of the kitchen.[/QUOTE]

I LOL'd at this, hard.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Are you still a half breed curse against nature that should be euthanized and your parents neutered as to not bring another blight on humanity into this world?

Naw just kidding.
Not really I hate half breeds
[/QUOTE]

Yup, but at least my pits smell fresh.

Well, over the past 20 years I've noticed that it's quite possible for men and women to be friends. However, there have been plenty of times where either men or women will misread signals and presume that there is more to the friendship that meets the eye. Generally it's not much of a problem, usually solved through a few questions, a few answers, mild disappointment then back to normal. But, of course, there are those times where it turns into a ridiculous amount of drama. Some examples include...

(1) Long time male/female friend. Female friend starts dating some guy. Male friend gets ridiculously pissed and rages. Result: Not Good.

(2) Male/Female friends again. The two start dating. Sadly, there's a Female Friend #2 (and #3) that are also seeing said Male. Result: Terrible.

And that's just for casual relationships, not even marriage. The marriage anecdotes are usually much worse, filled with thrice the rage and none of the common sense.

Sadly, I don't have any helpful advice when it comes to situations like these. The easiest solution would be to skip the approach of finding male friends, but that's more of a nuclear option. In the end it is pretty much as difficult as finding good friends in general...only with the extra pitfall of people wanting to score.

One possible suggestion could be to see if, in case either you or your husband work, try and find co-workers with spouses you could hit up on double-dates or whatnot. Evenings out and whatnot. Maybe you can find some shared interests, make additional friends, and have a (potentially somewhat) decreased chance of people hitting on you.

TL;DR = Men and women are both hard to read. This crap is annoying yet commonplace. Let your intentions be known and, if not acknowledged, kick them to the curb. Try finding friends through co-workers first by hanging with them along with your husband.

[quote name='Kapwanil']find co-workers with spouses you could hit up on double-dates[/QUOTE]

^^^ = swingers.

you just made me realize how much I missed reading print newspapers with 'dear ann' columns. thank you.

[quote name='Bezerker']Hey, if Tiger Woods does it, its okay.[/QUOTE]

Thanks to Tiger Woods, he made the rest of the male population look like saints.

Honestly, I just want to know where you're meeting these guys who keep hitting on you. I mean, I've played the 1 female to 20 guys at an event ratio before (I used to play a lot of Yugioh several years back). I made friends, but I didn't get hit on... so maybe you're trying at bad places? (Either that or I'm really ugly and don't realize it- but I met the guy I'm engagded to at one, and he didn't hit on me until I made my interest very clear... so I dunno.)

[quote name='DuelLadyS']Honestly, I just want to know where you're meeting these guys who keep hitting on you. I mean, I've played the 1 female to 20 guys at an event ratio before (I used to play a lot of Yugioh several years back). I made friends, but I didn't get hit on... so maybe you're trying at bad places? (Either that or I'm really ugly and don't realize it- but I met the guy I'm engagded to at one, and he didn't hit on me until I made my interest very clear... so I dunno.)[/QUOTE]

pics, and we'll let you know

Agreed. The calibur of men I'm meeting aren't cutting it, ma'am. Most of them are friends of friends. But when you're in your 20's there's not a while lot of options to meet people you're not gonna hook up with. You're not in school, you don't hang out at the mall, so most new people are met through an activity you do or through other friends.

I have a family, and work up to 50 hours a week, so I don't really belong to any clubs or have a hobby that meets. I go to te gym when I can find the time, and let's just say i'm not interested in meeting the men at my gym!!!

And the comment below is kinda why we group men into certain categories. Always wanting a picture, always wanting to know how hot a chick is.

[quote name='Goonie85']
And the comment below is kinda why we group men into certain categories. Always wanting a picture, always wanting to know how hot a chick is.[/QUOTE]

it was a joke. but glad you got something out of the thread

[quote name='billyrox']it was a joke. but glad you got something out of the thread[/QUOTE]

It can be hard to tell. How many women ask you to show them your cock? Cuz we get dudes telling us to lift our shirts all the time. And I can count several messages wanting "sexier" pictures. It's pretty sad.

It can be hard to decipher on the interwebs.

You guys are crazy.

Yes you can have guys friends though if they are not true friends they will try something.

Im a guy that has many girl friends but then again Im gay.
But Im a gamer also that loves some Fable 2, Crackdown, Saint's Row amd Prototype.
I lso play some mad Pokemon and Dragon Quest.
A friend I met on XBLive got me into HAlo 3, though I suck its still fun
Wanna try L4D2.

[quote name='adriley313']Im a guy that has many girl friends but then again Im gay.[/QUOTE]

You opinion is worthless in this situation.

[quote name='Goonie85']Well good then. in response, I will expect us to cuddle for 4 minutes afterwards.

I'm not mad about someone finding me attractive (trust me, be married for a while and you'll find it flattering). I'm just wondering why some of them think that "Hey, you want to come over and watch Dexter? I'm gonna pick up some chicken wings." is really code for "I'm going to be naked when you come over and we are going to do it on my couch, and then eat chicken wings." I have quite a few male friends that are like brothers to me, in fact my best guy friend and my best girl friend are dating each other, so I have no problems with him!!

I actually thought people would look at the thread, roll their eyes and move on. Never did I think that so many people would be clicking on this sh*t. And I didn't think they'd be so damn mean!! I made a generaliztion of the group of friends I keep, not men as a whole.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to burn my bra and run a marathon for women's rights. Right after I kick every man I know in the junk.:booty:[/QUOTE]

You're a fucking idiot. And not a very funny idiot at that.

bread's done
Back