WTF PayPal holding payments for 21 days?

ragingst0rm6

CAGiversary!
Feedback
94 (100%)
So I just got an email from PayPal saying that beginning today they are going to hold my payments for 21 days until

1) 3 days after delivery confirmation, or
2) buyer leaves positive feedback (eBay only),

and that this policy will be "re-evaluated" every 35 days.

I googled this bullshit policy and saw that they introduced this in like 2008-2009. My question is:

1) how do I get rid of this ridiculous policy,
2) does this affect "personal payments" (i.e., "money owed", etc.), and
3) I haven't accepted PayPal's new "electronic policy" terms or whatever they ask me to agree to whenever I log in to PayPal. Is this related?

Thanks for the help! (And feel free to rant about your personal experiences if you'd like)

I got the same thing last week. At first I thought it was a general thing, but then it seemed to be aimed directly at me after a review of my account history. I have nearly perfect. One neutral, over a product damaged in shipping which I immediately gave a full refund. Can't figure out what triggered this.

It's retarded. I don't know what's going on with it to be honest. I have over 2,800 feedback and over 5k+ transactions on eBay. They are doing it to me too.

There is no rhyme or reason to it i've been hit with it twice out of the blue and after a few transactions they stop doing it.

I got hit by it the other day. I never had any issue when I would use it with eBay here and there, but the past month I've sold well over 50+ items and now all of the sudden Paypal wants to hold my money as well.

bread's done
Back